The Cerf Tote Club!

Thanks so much! I'm going to order the organizer you recommend tonight-I'm so excited! Do you have any pictures of the outside of your bag/what the shape of the bag looks like with the organizer in it? I would love to see what it looks like (mine looks rather slouchy now). Also can you close the bag with the organizer in it? Thanks again!
I'm out of town for a few days so will take some pics when I get home. Glad you're getting the D&C.

Glad I ran across this thread.....

The new version of the cerf is gorgeous in person. I like roomy bags and im currently debating between purchasing this or a quilted tote. I have been to the store twice over the past week weighing my options.

I plan to make my purchase by next week and im honestly leaning toward this one. This bag is very lightweight and roomy. I also think the stitching and design lend beautiful timeless qualities to the bag.

While researching the old/versus the new I think this version is the winner. It appears the old version stretches and loses shape easily, being as though its deerskin. My SA agree and said the calf holds the structure way better over time.

Hello! I know this is an older comment, but I was just wondering if you ended up purchasing the new style executive tote? If so, would you mind posting a picture? I have one being shipped to me this week and I am not finding too many pics of this beauty. After reading your review, I am really glad I purchased this one! Thanks:smile:

Hello! I know this is an older comment, but I was just wondering if you ended up purchasing the new style executive tote? If so, would you mind posting a picture? I have one being shipped to me this week and I am not finding too many pics of this beauty. After reading your review, I am really glad I purchased this one! Thanks:smile:

Hello, Its funny you ask, because I was just looking to purchase again this past weekend and now they no longer sale the bag in Neimans!

I actually did purchase the bag last year but ended up taking it back. But I never got this bag out of my mind and promised myself that I would evenutally go back to purchase if I kept thinking about it. So when I went in Chanel boutique in Neimans, the SA told me that they stopped purchasing the bag becuase apparently there are some issues going on with the leather. She said something like the quality has problems where it is either bubbling or denting. She made it appear as if Chanel has completley pulled the bag and are now revamping the style. She then confided the bags would be back out for sale soon and to keep calling to check in.

Now with that being said I dont know if the bags are still available anywhere else, if this was a company wide issue as she explained, or just a Neimans issue. I will keep my eye out and come back and update the thread. Or if we are lucky maybe someone else already has intel to report?

Hey Bagloves, did you get an organizer? Do you like it? Would love to see your bag too.

The organizer just arrived yesterday! I absolutely love it-thanks again for the recommendation. As you suggested, I ordered the 13 x 5 x 6 organizer with the stiff bottom. I got the flexible ends because I wanted to be able to close the bag at the top. It's still a little slouchy but has much more shape than it used to. Thanks so much for your input. Hope this helps others who are looking for organizers. View attachment 3487711View attachment 3487715

Attachments

• IMG_1475938200.327975.jpg
    IMG_1475938200.327975.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,577
  • IMG_1475938219.629859.jpg
    IMG_1475938219.629859.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,632
Reactions: merekat703
The organizer just arrived yesterday! I absolutely love it-thanks again for the recommendation. As you suggested, I ordered the 13 x 5 x 6 organizer with the stiff bottom. I got the flexible ends because I wanted to be able to close the bag at the top. It's still a little slouchy but has much more shape than it used to. Thanks so much for your input. Hope this helps others who are looking for organizers. View attachment 3487711View attachment 3487715
Great! You know what, I have never even closed mine. Good that you got the flex ends. I just place a scarf over the contents and leave open. I love this bag.

Hello, Its funny you ask, because I was just looking to purchase again this past weekend and now they no longer sale the bag in Neimans!

I actually did purchase the bag last year but ended up taking it back. But I never got this bag out of my mind and promised myself that I would evenutally go back to purchase if I kept thinking about it. So when I went in Chanel boutique in Neimans, the SA told me that they stopped purchasing the bag becuase apparently there are some issues going on with the leather. She said something like the quality has problems where it is either bubbling or denting. She made it appear as if Chanel has completley pulled the bag and are now revamping the style. She then confided the bags would be back out for sale soon and to keep calling to check in.

Now with that being said I dont know if the bags are still available anywhere else, if this was a company wide issue as she explained, or just a Neimans issue. I will keep my eye out and come back and update the thread. Or if we are lucky maybe someone else already has intel to report?
Thank you so much for responding!! It's funny, because I did receive mine this week and I LOVE the color. However, I posted a thread because there were dents on every corner when I received it! I thought my SA sent me a bad one. I then called her to return the bag, and there was only one left at Saks! It was at the Saks in Naples and when the SA sent me pictures, it was in worse shape than mine!! She informed me that this is just not the best quality bag. However, I have to say that after I stuffed it and got over the imperfections, the leather is so soft, the color is perfect and the style is so classy. The new style that replaces it is $1,000 more expensive, has a quilted pattern and mixed metal hardware (silver and gold). While it was pretty, it was a little too busy for me because I wanted a more classic, simple bag. In the end, I am glad that I kept the one I purchased, even though it had a few imperfections in the leather:smile: I think the problem is that this style made with soft calf leather tends to soften/dent:sad:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for responding!! It's funny, because I did receive mine this week and I LOVE the color. However, I posted a thread because there were dents on every corner when I received it! I thought my SA sent me a bad one. I then called her to return the bag, and there was only one left at Saks! It was at the Saks in Naples and when the SA sent me pictures, it was in worse shape than mine!! She informed me that this is just not the best quality bag. However, I have to say that after I stuffed it and got over the imperfections, the leather is so soft, the color is perfect and the style is so classy. The new style that replaces it is $1,000 more expensive, has a quilted pattern and mixed metal hardware (silver and gold). While it was pretty, it was a little too busy for me because I wanted a more classic, simple bag. In the end, I am glad that I kept the one I purchased, even though it had a few imperfections in the leather:smile: I think the problem is that this style made with soft calf leather tends to soften/dent:sad:
omg, thanks for the heads up. So now I will have to quickly get on the hunt for this one tomm being as though the replacement does not look as good. Do you have any pics to share? tia