~`The Backpack Club`~

For anyone who has the Clapton, how do you wear it? The backpack way doesn’t sit right on my back, I’m short (5’3”). I wore it as a crossbody yesterday but I’d really like to wear it as a backpack somehow. Maybe there’s a hack?

Should be close in price to the empreinte version. In Canadian, it is 3,200 for the Black leather with monogram canvas, but the all leather empreinte is CAD 3,350...
Not worth the money I'd rather buy Palm Springs PM or old model Montsouris, the old model Montsouris mini, mm, gm are great, have had them oldest from made 90s still holds great! This new version's corners look like folded will wear off fast. and for $3,000 I'm going for Chanel

Reactions: Iceskate
@onlyk - do you mean folded corners because the base is square? The PS is the same too? I worry about the pointy corners wearing on mine. The PS had a price increase and is now $3k CAD ☹. A Chanel backpack here is $5k. Chanel’s recent price increase was insane! I really don’t find the brand worth it anymore.

@Puuna - how do you know the price in CAD? We only got the emprinte at my store. Didn't even know there was a mono version. That’s price difference for mono and emprinte is so small! I recently bought a wallet and the price difference between mono and emprinte was 30% more for emprinte. Couldn't justify that splurge.

I’m so torn. I like the look of the montsouris but the PS is so functional and comfy. Though I do hate how big the straps are when it’s not in my back. Kind of bulky to carry around. The drawstring on the montsouris emprinte was loose too so didn’t keep the bag pulled in, but hoping mono is stiffer and won’t do that.

Last edited:
@Puuna - how do you know the price in CAD? We only got the emprinte at my store. Didn't even know there was a mono version. That’s price difference for mono and emprinte is so small! I recently bought a wallet and the price difference between mono and emprinte was 30% more for emprinte. Couldn't justify that splurge.

I’m so torn. I like the look of the montsouris but the PS is so functional and comfy. Though I do hate how big the straps are when it’s not in my back. Kind of bulky to carry around. The drawstring on the montsouris emprinte was loose too so didn’t keep the bag pulled in, but hoping mono is stiffer and won’t do that.
[/QUOTE]

The mono version isn't out yet, but i pre-ordered it and that was the price i paid. I was a little shocked with the price as i was debating the leather version and it was so close to it. I initially wanted the PS PM but couldn't get over the straps and the size, too small while the MM was too big for my needs.

@onlyk - do you mean folded corners because the base is square? The PS is the same too? I worry about the pointy corners wearing on mine. The PS had a price increase and is now $3k CAD ☹. A Chanel backpack here is $5k. Chanel’s recent price increase was insane! I really don’t find the brand worth it anymore.
Palm Springs bottom 4 corners are round

@Puuna I spoke to my SA and going to preorder too! The vachetta version is 200 cheaper than black leather. And the vachetta is pre-tanned, so not as light as normal. I am leaning towards the black for care-free use, but I do like the full monogram of the vachetta version (the top flap is also mono). But vachetta is such a lifestyle. It snows a lot where i live so probably not a wise choice. The vachetta version looks more casual and classic and the black looks a bit more dressy and luxurious which would probably work better for going to work which I plan to use it for.

which gets your vote - vachetta version or black leather version?

A0F78DA3-23C5-4225-B9D1-DF4F8C691EC4.jpeg

7E1F958E-F1AE-41DD-8EBC-9B2D351B9B3C.jpeg

A3C52C0C-2F9C-42D6-A6B5-E7B7B7D3B523.png

06F02071-70A0-41F3-972A-B6F4C1E65634.jpeg