Space for Guys & their Hermès

Part 2 of bag size comparisons: So, I realized that my K42 is actually not 42cm...!! :panic:

For some reason, I think everyone assumes that K42 is a 42cm... but, it is not....? When I measured the sizes on my own, it ranged from 38 cm to 40 cm actually. (Please see the first 2 pictures.)

Did I measure it wrong? I hope not, because my KD36 exactly says it's 36 cm (as shown in the 3rd picture).

So, is my K42 actually bigger than the K40? I have no idea. Any idea? 🧐

I am also sharing the pictures of my K42 vs. Herbag 39 size comparison (#04 to 07). :smile:

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 43
Do any guys here have Hermès boot recommendations?

I have been thinking about the Veo Ankle Boots (either with PHW or PVD Black)

If anyone has these Veo Ankle Boots, please let me know your thoughts :smile:
I don’t have the Veo boots but I have the Fortune boots which at least online looks similar. I have to say they aren’t the most comfortable but to be fair they’re probably not fully broken in yet. I really do like the look of them though and I’ve worn them with skinny jeans, dressy pants, and in between. (sweat pants in the photo for trying in at home only haha)IMG_9179.jpeg

How often do you get to Singapore? Have you done much Hermes shopping there?
I go there once a year, but I haven't shopped in Hermes Singapore since the early noughties LOL!

The prices aren't attractive enough for me to justify buying anything there, so I usually wait until I'm back in London or visiting the rest of Europe.

There was a MTM event yesterday at madison. DH ordered a wool window pane coat, natural shoulder, slim fit, unlined but with finished seams (our preference, but you could also have silk scarf lining, 6800 USD) ; navy sports coat, unlined, (8500 USD); navy wool cardigan; and warm toned black pants. (I forgot to take pics, but he stuck to basic try on models). The cardigan was approved for either cashmere or wool, but not cashmere silk. And the pants were a plain version of his cargos from a prior season (no cargo or zip detail, but the same color and cotton fabric). The head tailor from FSH will be back in September. I got a back up of my men’s short sleeved hooded shirt. There are no more size 37s in the country, so they will cut down a 38 to 37 measurements for me. If any women are interested in men’s rtw, I wear a 36 women’s cargo pant and a 38 men’s khaki twill pant (leather trimmed pocket from last season ).

These are DH’s cargos (so the plain pants will be the same cut, without the details). He could also have ordered this seasons pants (second pic with contrast stitching on the pockets and back pocket, but decided that plain would be more versatile)

Both pants below Hermes. Loro Piana MTM denim shirt; charvet MtM cotton utility shirt; Duret matte alligator belt

View attachment 5989701View attachment 5989705
That sounds like an exciting day! When we were last in the SF location we saw light weight orange hoodies that were MTM that my DH was interested in but we ran out of time that day and never followed up. Still in the back of my mind, if they are available.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880 and J.T.
I go there once a year, but I haven't shopped in Hermes Singapore since the early noughties LOL!

The prices aren't attractive enough for me to justify buying anything there, so I usually wait until I'm back in London or visiting the rest of Europe.
@Prada Prince - I agree that prices are way too high in Asia (e.g., Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and Singapore); I felt that they were way too high than the US as well. I found that the European countries accepting euros are quite cheaper than the US. How about in London? Is it a bit more expensive than Paris or about the same?

Reactions: Prada Prince
@Prada Prince - I agree that prices are way too high in Asia (e.g., Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and Singapore); I felt that they were way too high than the US as well. I found that the European countries accepting euros are quite cheaper than the US. How about in London? Is it a bit more expensive than Paris or about the same?
London is definitely a bit more expensive than Paris/Europe, AND you can't get any VAT refunds.

• Insightful
Reactions: 706MadisonAv
I don’t have the Veo boots but I have the Fortune boots which at least online looks similar. I have to say they aren’t the most comfortable but to be fair they’re probably not fully broken in yet. I really do like the look of them though and I’ve worn them with skinny jeans, dressy pants, and in between. (sweat pants in the photo for trying in at home only haha)View attachment 5993348
Those look great! Honestly, I'm not even too sure of the difference between Veo and Fortune. They look identical to me LOL

Reactions: 706MadisonAv
Those look great! Honestly, I'm not even too sure of the difference between Veo and Fortune. They look identical to me LOL
I agree. I even downloaded pictures to do a side by side and it seems very subtle. Maybe the shape of the heel?

Edit: the Veo (on top) have a thicker sole maybe and a little bump at the front?
306EB41D-4E15-49EF-80CF-828B15C0728A.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree. I even downloaded pictures to do a side by side and it seems very subtle. Maybe the shape of the heel?

Edit: the Veo (on top) have a thicker sole maybe and a little bump at the front?
View attachment 5993537
Yes I think so, and the heel height too. The Fortune Ankle Boot says Blake Stitched sole, 2.8 cm. The Veo Ankle Boot says rubber sole, 3.4 cm.