Space for Guys & their Hermès

I have three styles of Hermes sneakers
all fairly conventional shape i.e. not unduly thick or chunky soles
and they are all comfortable

Why would your toes hurt so much: have you bought the wrong size?
I think sizing runs fairly true

Wow, you have nice collections of Hermes sneakers! 😍 I don't know why my sneakers are not comfy. Some say that I did not break in enough, but I don't understand what that means when I have been wearing them for a long time now. I don't think the size is the issue.

Also, I have izmir sandal; and when I wore it for the first time, I bled. lol 😭

Wow, you have nice collections of Hermes sneakers! 😍 I don't know why my sneakers are not comfy. Some say that I did not break in enough, but I don't understand what that means when I have been wearing them for a long time now. I don't think the size is the issue.

Also, I have izmir sandal; and when I wore it for the first time, I bled. lol 😭
If you're use to regular sport sneakers like nike/adidas, you'll hate hermes sneakers. Their leather tend not to stretch as much and the insoles are not supportive at all.

• Insightful
Reactions: 706MadisonAv
If you're use to regular sport sneakers like nike/adidas, you'll hate hermes sneakers. Their leather tend not to stretch as much and the insoles are not supportive at all.
Thank you. Does that mean..... I should not get any more sneakers from Hermes at all (especially those 2 that I tried....?) I am still questioning since bouncing sneakers was a bit disappointing... :confused1:😭

ETA: Yes, I used to wear Adidas. And, I really like the "on running" brand nowadays.

Has anyone tried these? What're their comfort levels? I only have bouncing sneakers and I don't like it much because my toes hurt so bad. I am wondering if these 2 are not that different from bouncing sneakers...? Any thoughts? :smile:

View attachment 5996397View attachment 5996398
The bouncing sneakers are the most comfortable of all the H sneakers that I have (6 diff styles in total). So I bought them in white, black and grey. The Trail and the Bouncing sneakers were the only ones that didn’t give me a blister. That being said, they are not the most comfortable sneakers i have. So i don’t tend to not use them in trips where i have to walk a lot. The LV sneakers feel so much better on your feet. The Air Force 1 Nike Low Louis Vuitton sneakers are my most comfy.

The bouncing sneakers are the most comfortable of all the H sneakers that I have (6 diff styles in total). So I bought them in white, black and grey. The Trail and the Bouncing sneakers were the only ones that didn’t give me a blister. That being said, they are not the most comfortable sneakers i have. So i don’t tend to not use them in trips where i have to walk a lot. The LV sneakers feel so much better on your feet. The Air Force 1 Nike Low Louis Vuitton sneakers are my most comfy.

Thank you for your information. I guess I will now have to pass these H shoes. I will check out the LV ones (even if I am not a fan of LV due to its heavy logo plays)... Thank you for your help! :smile:

Reactions: MacawGuy
The bouncing sneakers are the most comfortable of all the H sneakers that I have
My SA who is male and who wears a lot of H sneakers agrees with you. He said the bouncing model is the most comfy.

DH has sneakers (maybe the trail) and chypres. He isn’t really impressed them in terms of comfort. I have the trail (from the H sample sale). It had a removable insole, so I just switched it with Birkenstock insole inside

Reactions: Digitiminimi
I haven’t seen much info about the HAC a Box bag/slg so i figure I should give a review.

Bag: HAC a Box. The bag is box-like and very rigid. It has no give on any side. The overall external thickness is about two iphones in depth, but inside only fits one iphone. it’s very light and easy to use.
Leather: Epsom (also comes in Tadelak)
Hardware: Palladium
Size: The side is about the size of my iPhone 14 Pro max with 1 cm added on all sides.
Strap: 1 cm width. Adjustable with 3 holes to choose from for a high, mid and low hang (see pics). The straps are attached to the back of the bag by two rings.
Clasp: Single sangle attached at the top of the bag closed by a square touret.
Inside: one card slot that can fit up to two cards. The hermes logo is also inside the bag at the card slot.
What fits: Iphone Pro max and two cards. When my phone is out i could fit 1 passport, several cards and a car fob.

IMG_3002.jpeg IMG_3046.jpeg
IMG_3024.jpeg IMG_3004.jpeg
IMG_3005.jpegIMG_3010.jpegIMG_3011.jpegIMG_3013.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 66
I haven’t seen much info about the HAC a Box bag/slg so i figure I should give a review.

Bag: HAC a Box. The bag is box-like and very rigid. It has no give on any side. The overall external thickness is about two iphones in depth, but inside only fits one iphone. it’s very light and easy to use.
Size: The side is about the size of my iPhone 14 Pro max with 1 cm added on all sides.
Strap: 1 cm width. Adjustable with 3 holes to choose from for a high, mid and low hang (see pics). The straps are attached to the back of the bag by two rings.
Inside: one card slot that can fit up to two cards. The hermes logo is also inside the bag at the card slot.
What fits: Iphone Pro max and two cards. When my phone is out i could fit 1 passport, several cards and a car fob.

View attachment 5997100 View attachment 5997101
View attachment 5997116 View attachment 5997103
View attachment 5997106View attachment 5997109View attachment 5997110View attachment 5997111
Love the outfit! Never seen a HAC a box in action. Looks great on you!

View attachment 5997100 View attachment 5997101
View attachment 5997116 View attachment 5997103
View attachment 5997106View attachment 5997109View attachment 5997110View attachment 5997111
Thank you for this detailed and helpful review! My DH and I like the design so we were hoping someone would do a review. I didn't know it could fit a car fob in there!

Some questions on the Hermes Evelyne specifically in the context of male owners:

1) In addition to black and dark brown, what are great colors for men to try an Evelyne in? What popular colors might not be wearable for most men (ex. too bright)?

2) Assuming it's the Evelyne III or II (with external pocket), which side do you wear outside? Do you put the "H" perforations on the inner side and does it vary between men and women?

3) If used for longer walks or travel and assuming Clemence leather, would an Evelyne GM or TGM wear out faster? Imagine it's a male owner who puts a light jacket, a travel umbrella, a tablet and a small water bottle in the bag. Would it necessarily rub against the hip or thigh, and should you choose a more hard wearing bag for walks beyond the mall? Should you avoid putting it in the overhead compartment and through x-ray machines when flying?

4) I tried searching, even in the Hermes for men thread here, and I struggled to find photos of men wearing Evelynes. Any good sources of inspiration?

5) I don't think I could wear an Evelyne with a bag charm, and I'm a heavier built guy if that makes a difference. Any comments or photos to help with this question?

6) How much weight would you put in an Evelyne and not exceed, to avoid wear on the strap and stretching out the bag? I thought I'd avoid putting a heavier laptop in and put nothing heavier than a table or small water bottle. I'm assuming a male owner might be prone to putting more in the bag, especially taking it on errands or shopping instead of a large tote.

• Haha
Reactions: highend
1) any man should use any colour he feels comfortable wearing
2) the H perforation was designed to be internal: there is no gender determinatism to be concerned with
3) there should be no concern about wear; however a larger bag like a Lindy might carry all that more easily
4) 880's DH sports an evelyne very stylishly
5) avoid bag charms at all costs
6) your gender assumptions are flawed - have you not witnessed the essentials that ladies carry!

This is a leather bag with a canvas strap that is worn on shoulder or crossbody. Clemence is very hardy (as are other leathers in the Evelyne), the strap is very hardy. It will function just as any other similar product despite it being Hermes and an Evelyne. It's not that complicated.

All bags have weight tolerances and can be comfortable or less so depending on what the heck you're doing. If you need something extremely heavy duty for work usage, maybe a tote would be handier.

Why are you pursuing an Evelyne?

Last edited:
Reactions: sfadman
Some questions on the Hermes Evelyne specifically in the context of male owners:

1) In addition to black and dark brown, what are great colors for men to try an Evelyne in? What popular colors might not be wearable for most men (ex. too bright)?

2) Assuming it's the Evelyne III or II (with external pocket), which side do you wear outside? Do you put the "H" perforations on the inner side and does it vary between men and women?

3) If used for longer walks or travel and assuming Clemence leather, would an Evelyne GM or TGM wear out faster? Imagine it's a male owner who puts a light jacket, a travel umbrella, a tablet and a small water bottle in the bag. Would it necessarily rub against the hip or thigh, and should you choose a more hard wearing bag for walks beyond the mall? Should you avoid putting it in the overhead compartment and through x-ray machines when flying?

4) I tried searching, even in the Hermes for men thread here, and I struggled to find photos of men wearing Evelynes. Any good sources of inspiration?

5) I don't think I could wear an Evelyne with a bag charm, and I'm a heavier built guy if that makes a difference. Any comments or photos to help with this question?

6) How much weight would you put in an Evelyne and not exceed, to avoid wear on the strap and stretching out the bag? I thought I'd avoid putting a heavier laptop in and put nothing heavier than a table or small water bottle. I'm assuming a male owner might be prone to putting more in the bag, especially taking it on errands or shopping instead of a large tote.

See @MacawGuy above

and 1) Etoupe - I think ~David Beckham has a GM in Etoupe too.