Space for Guys & their Hermès

You might be right, so i forget about getting a mini lindy and focus on Birkin. However, when I mentioned that my wish list is birkin 30, again the SA told me to get a 35 instead with the same reason. 😩😩 i personally think 35 is quite heavy and big, and I don’t have many things to bring. Sigh…….. 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨
I find your SA’s remark quite arrogant, even if perhaps meant with best of intentions. It’s 2024, and if you are dropping that kind of cash on a bag, you shouldn’t settle. Period. It is you and not your SA that will be enjoying the bag and carrying it. So unless you asked for their honest opinion, that kind unsolicited advice is very unprofessional and ignorant.

Currently debating between the muslin and the regular thicker silk.

VS

Planning to wear the scarf with my porosus bag that I’m having made. I think I might get more use from the muslin since I get warm pretty easily but I worry how delicate it might be.

I think both colours patterns would match the bag pretty well.

View attachment 5973135
Uff difficult choice. I am only looking at print and love the jungle, very casual and something I would opt for but the toucans looks so refined and impactful and would elevate any look. No help what so ever. You’re welcome *lol*

I find your SA’s remark quite arrogant, even if perhaps meant with best of intentions. It’s 2024, and if you are dropping that kind of cash on a bag, you shouldn’t settle. Period. It is you and not your SA that will be enjoying the bag and carrying it. So unless you asked for their honest opinion, that kind unsolicited advice is very unprofessional and ignorant.
I agree with this comment!

It seems that many of the recent posters are fans of either mini Lindy or Everlyn for crossbags. I personally don't find them attractive, but I am really craving for Kelly Messenger in PM size. Does anyone know how hard it is to get? I asked my SA and she said that it may not come anytime soon.

As an alternative option, what do you think of getting a Kelly Depeches 25 and get a strap separately from online to use it as a messenger? TIA
@fonnas has converted the KD 25 beautifully. I really love the sac a depeches 21. Very understated, but really fabulous with an outside pocket.

Somewhere up thread several members asked opinions re a tall guy wearing a B25. One of my favorite style inspirations (and I am a short 56 year old woman) was posted by @allanrvj . I keep it in my favorites album and look at it when I think of lux urban chic. Photo credit:@allanrvj.

ETA: Another member here who is tall and carries a B25 with elan is @duggi84
IMG_1433.jpeg

Last edited:
@fonnas has converted the KD 25 beautifully. I really love the sac a depeches 21. Very understated, but really fabulous with an outside pocket.

Somewhere up thread several members asked opinions re a tall guy wearing a B25. One of my favorite style inspirations (and I am a short 56 year old woman) was posted by @allanrvj . I keep it in my favorites album and look at it when I think of lux urban chic. Photo credit:@allanrvj.

ETA: Another member here who is tall and carries a B25 with elan is @duggi84
View attachment 5973826
Thank you!!

• Thanks
  • Love
Reactions: MacawGuy and 880
My DH has tried on other models of H loafer and finds them clunky (which is the style) and heavy (which is his objection and reason why he hasn’t bought any). He does own chypres, H boots, and other shoes, and wouldn’t wear them if he has to walk a lot. But everyone is different. So I would simply ask your son bc the Hermes last may not be the best fit for his foot, or it could be some entirely different reason (like he loves them and is saving them for a special occasion lol)

My DH has found that if they are too heavy or the balance feels wrong, break in may not change that. There are as many other options in as many price, style, weight, function, type category as there are shoes. DH personally finds Edward Green loafers (I believe the 202 last specifically) to be among the most comfy, but getting the exact right last (model), size, width, type matters. In comparison to Edward Green, he finds H shoes to run large). If a man is picky about fit, I find that they tend to go to a brand that specializes in that type of thing. JMO though, and good luck :smile:

Your son of course has a very considerate and generous parent to think of getting him such gorgeous shoes

Was he at the store with you when you picked them? Loafers unlike other styles are trickier to have a perfect fit with since there’s no lace adjustments.

If he’s picky with how his shoes fit it might be an issue for him. (Does he still have them/could he possibly have exchanged them but didn’t want to disappoint you?)

As @880 said H loafers are very wide and don’t have much internal support.

You can see the difference in width by looking at this one in comparison.
View attachment 5970274

I have these in suede. They are lovely but heavy and clunky (in both look and feel) - kind of like "platform loafers" almost. That being said, I still love them and have walked significant distances in them. I'd call them "moderately comfortable". For me, the thing that prevents them getting more use is how much space they take up in your luggage or travel bag!!

Look away from Hermes if you're seeking comfortable shoes. In my experience from loafers, dress, sneakers to boots all are ridiculously not comfortable to wear for an extended time. I own at least one of each. You'll see the rest chime and say the same pretty much.

I have been traveling so my apology for late reply. Thank you all so much for insightful comments. I really appreciate it. I should have had my son come to a boutique with me to try H shoes on and get a feel for men’s H shoes in general before purchasing a pair for him. It probably would have been easier for him to tell me H shoes were not comfortable for him. I did check out Edward Green loafers and they look lovely.

Agree. Hermès, D&G, Chanel are all not comfortable (especially if you actually plan to WALK in them...haha)

I agree with this. I have multiple pairs from Hermes, and I only wear them on the days I go to Hermes. Otherwise, I never wear them.

This made me laugh out loud!! 🤣