Silk/Satin pillowcases for better hair and skin?

I use a satin pillowcase. I have stick straight, long, fine hair and I used to have to wash it everyday. Now I can go a day or two between washing/blow drying because my satin pillowcase keeps my hair from being tangled, smashed, etc.

I used to use a satin pillowcase but I didn't it always ended up snagging and looking ragged after a short period of use! My hair also got static-y so I switched back.

Is the reason why they're better than cotton is that they aren't as rough on your face?

I've been using silk pillow cases for years and love them! I initially used them to avoid the creases on my face in the morning. It's been so long that I'm not sure if it made a difference to my hair or wrinkles but they feel so good on your face that I never want to go back to cotton!

I bought a silk/satin pillowcase because I heard it helped with frizzy hair. Unfortunately, I never noticed a difference, and I switched back and forth between that one and a normal cotton pillowcase every week or so.

I have been sleeping with Satin Pillowcases and Bonnets for about 5 years now. I am black and our hair is naturally dryer and lacking in moisture due to its texture, we often lose more moisture when we sleep on cotton pillowcases that zap the moisture from hair. My hair has benefited from this transition, it is by far less dry and brittle.

Reactions: fendifemale
i have satin pillowcases and not only do they just feel better on my skin...i have less sleep lines or wahtever when I wake up and my hair doesn't get tangled.

I started using satin pillowcases a few years ago when I heard they were betetr for your hair and skin, I haven't really noticed much of a difference, for better or for worse. I do love the feel of satin as opposed to cotton.

^^what does that have to do with silk pillow cases benefiting your hair? that article is disputing the claim made by some that silk pillow cases are great for your skin.

I was going to buy a silk pillowcase until I read this:
http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/02/15/are-silk-pillowcases-good-for-your-skin/

Now it just seems pointless.

Wow! Those posters are getting all angry about silk pillowcases. I guess people will fight about anything.

I think, if someone wanted to try it, they could pick up some silk at a fabric shop and make their own pillowcases for very little money. I'm not sure I'd go and buy it at a high-dollar website unless I just had money to burn.