Silk/Satin pillowcases for better hair and skin?

Bed Bath and Beyond has a great silk sheet set. They're on sale right now too!!! And don't forget to use a 20% off discount. Great Deal!!!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/Product.asp?SKU=121554

you realize that it's only 15% silk...

Many times you can tell if something is real silk by 1st the price. Most 'silk' marketed is actually polyester or some kind of poly/cotton/silk blend ( (just read the label).

I sleep with a silk scarf and have silk pillowcases that I purchase here:
http://www.tenderheaded.com/silpil1.html - this company also sells satin.

you realize that it's only 15% silk...

Many times you can tell if something is real silk by 1st the price. Most 'silk' marketed is actually polyester or some kind of poly/cotton/silk blend ( (just read the label).

I sleep with a silk scarf and have silk pillowcases that I purchase here:
http://www.tenderheaded.com/silpil1.html - this company also sells satin.

Yes I realize....

The benefits of a silk set come from the smoothness of the material. The breakage in microfibers is what contributes to wrinkles and damaging to hair cuticles. This is a buttery soft sheet set. I've used a variety of sheet sets ranging from $50-379 in price and have found from personal experience that price does not always determine quality.

Hey ladies,
I know this is an old thread, but I´ve been searching for a silk pillowcase too and wanted to share my experience.
I´ve bought a silk pillowcase a few years back when I read it in Vogue. It was from silkskin.co.uk and I absolutely loved it though it was expensive. Now, due to a relocating situation it seems as if it got lost somewhere and I searched for a replacement. The original silkskin pillowcase cost about 60 $ and as a student I tried to find something cheaper with equal quality. So I bought a pillowcase from jasmine silk on amazon.co.uk and I have to say there is really a difference. This is more of a shiny, slippery silk, while the silksin is a completely untreated, undyed natural 100% Mulberry Charmeuse silk. It feels more like velvet silk and is sooooo much better! I think sleeping on silk is amazing and it does really wonders to your skin, but you really have to look for a great quality. 100% Maulberry silk charmeuse and best is, if it´s not dyed or chemically treated. That´s why I send the one from yasmine silk back and splurged again on the expensive silkskin, because it really is the best. And I only want the best for my face - it´s also called the "Original Silk Pillowcase".
I found this thread because I was looking for recommendations on silk brands as I searched for a new one to replace my lost one - so I thought why not sharing my fave silk pillow with you :smile:

Oprah apparently recommended the Branche brand during one of her "favorites" episodes. The brand seems to have a lot of press regarding their silk pillow cases and eye masks, which are 100% Mulberry 22 momme Charmeuse silk (best of the best). I'm really curious to try it, but definitely not cheap at $115 for a single king pillow cover.

http://branchebeautysleep.com/charmeusecase-1.aspx
They look very nice and they have beautiful colors!

Hi all

Really keen to invest in some of these, mainly to prevent damage to my blonde hair, but I believe they are also good for skin.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what sort to buy? I am in the UK

Thanks in advance!

I have been using silk pillowcases for about 18 months. I have fine hair and have to wash it everyday but with the silk pillowcase my hair does not look so horrible and there are some mornings I can get away without washing it.
It is also a lot better for your skin, I never get crease marks on my face like I used to.

I have one in a champagne color but the second one I purchased is black, a much better color. If you go to bed with residue of a moisturiser/serum/oil recently applied it does leave marks on the lighter color pillowcase. I much prefer the black one, I paid A$80.00. :smile:

I have been using silk pillowcases for about 18 months. I have fine hair and have to wash it everyday but with the silk pillowcase my hair does not look so horrible and there are some mornings I can get away without washing it.
It is also a lot better for your skin, I never get crease marks on my face like I used to.

I have one in a champagne color but the second one I purchased is black, a much better color. If you go to bed with residue of a moisturiser/serum/oil recently applied it does leave marks on the lighter color pillowcase. I much prefer the black one, I paid A$80.00. :smile:

Beauty has no price for us gals;)

I have mulberry silk pillow cases & I love them.No bed face,bed hair, or dare I mention .......bed eyebrow!
I have blonde, colour treated hair & the silk stops it getting frizzy at the back.Great for skin too,you can apply night cream & it is still on your face in the morning rather than absorbed by a cotton pillow case.

I wear a silk hair cap when my hair is feeling unloved (it's bleached, so that's not rare) but I have satin pillow cases (because like you, it's all I could find in the UK) and they do almost as good as silk ones. it's the lack of friction that is what helps, imagine rubbing your face on a shirt all day, it wouldnt be good for your skin. my skincare teacher at college (yes, I'm one of those annoying people with useless beauty qualifications) always said that you should expect your skin to reflect the softness of your pillowcases.