Silk/Satin pillowcases for better hair and skin?

I have heard that using a satin pillowcase (as opposed to cotton) has a number of beneficial effects on skin and hair. Anyone tried switching? Is there really a noticeable difference?

Alleged benefits of sleeping on silk pillowcases:

Keep your face healthy. Your face has more contact with your pillowcase than any other fabric. So, if you want to keep your face looking refreshed, your choice in pillowcase is very important. You can learn more about how silk pillowcases help keep your face looking refreshed, healthy and glowing below.

Help your skin retain moisture. Silk helps keep moisture close to your skin and will help your skin stay more hydrated than many fabrics on the market. Sleeping on silk is great option for helping your skin maintain its natural moisture. Save money on expensive moisturizing creams by retaining more moisture in your face to begin with, by sleeping on silk pillowcases.

Reduce your chemical exposure. We constantly come into contact with chemicals, but you can reduce that chemical exposure during your night’s sleep. Silk is produced from domesticated silk worms that are bred and raised in captivity. They have no predators to defend against and are pampered throughout their life, helping to produce a fine silk fiber with little chemical exposure. In contrast, many fabrics on the marketplace, are produced from chemically intensive crops that require pesticides, herbicides and other chemical treatments before making it to your bed sheets. So when it comes to luxury bedding, this is one of those cases where less really is more.

It’s naturally hypoallergenic. Some of silk’s hypoallergenic properties include a natural resistance to dust mites, fungus and mold, in addition to many other allergens.

Silk can be beneficial for your skin and hair. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase can help your skin stay healthy and smooth and can help reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. If you’re only going to invest in one piece of silk bedding to start with, the silk pillowcase provides a lot of benefit for the cost.

I have naturally curly hair and have been having trouble with frizzies at the nape of my neck. my hairdresser suggested a silk pillowcase. prices are all over the board from $200+ for silk down to $15 or less for poly....you can also get less expensive silk. I hate to spend even $30 if I may not find it beneficial but don't want to get junk either.
suggestions?

I have naturally curly hair and have been having trouble with frizzies at the nape of my neck. my hairdresser suggested a silk pillowcase. prices are all over the board from $200+ for silk down to $15 or less for poly....you can also get less expensive silk. I hate to spend even $30 if I may not find it beneficial but don't want to get junk either.
suggestions?

I have a few, most that I got from Amazon, though admittedly, mine are all satin weave and not made of silk. I adore my pillowcases but seeing as my son does as well, I sleep in a satin bonnet as well. I have the following:

Ravmix Mulberry Silk Satin
Bedsure Satin Pillowcases
Betty Dain Satin

I like the Ravmix and Bedsure best. The Betty Dain is still in the mix, but it's the oldest one I have. The mulberry silk satin one by Ravmix feels great.

• Thanks
Reactions: sdkitty
I have a few, most that I got from Amazon, though admittedly, mine are all satin weave and not made of silk. I adore my pillowcases but seeing as my son does as well, I sleep in a satin bonnet as well. I have the following:

Ravmix Mulberry Silk Satin
Bedsure Satin Pillowcases
Betty Dain Satin

I like the Ravmix and Bedsure best. The Betty Dain is still in the mix, but it's the oldest one I have. The mulberry silk satin one by Ravmix feels great.
but the Ravmix is silk, right? pretty big price difference between that and the Bedsure. Can say I'm excited about purchasing a pillowcase but it might help with my frizzies

I personally don‘t like silk pillow cases because they feel cold.
Also I think in terms of skin, the best thing is to sleep on your back (no skin folding, no fat shrinking etc.), no matter what your pillow case is.

I personally don‘t like silk pillow cases because they feel cold.
Also I think in terms of skin, the best thing is to sleep on your back (no skin folding, no fat shrinking etc.), no matter what your pillow case is.
I can't sleep on my back - has to be side
and I like a cool pillowcase.....don't know if there would be a noticeable difference with hair and skin though

I started using silk pillowcases when it was mentioned in the nordie sale thread a few years ago. I didn’t buy the one in the sale but one someone here recommended on Amazon for a lot cheaper. I love them my hair gets way less tangled in my sleep. But I leaRene that I only like the ones that are half cotton and half silk I grabbed a few 100% silk ones during prime day and found the all silk ones feel like they want to slip out from underneath my head, the ones with cotton on the bottom “stay in place” better for me.

I have been using silk pillowcases for 5-6 years now, I can't sleep on regular cotton pillow cases anymore! They're too scratchy. As for the benefits- I do think my hair is less kinked with a silk pillowcase and I never have any crease marks on my face.

I don't know if they're anti-ageing etc. but I enjoy them purely for the feel of the silk on my face. I love the Slip silk pillowcases.

Reactions: Glitter_Bomb