Silk/Satin pillowcases for better hair and skin?

I recently bought satin pillowcases too, and while I have no idea whether it's helping my face or hair, I certainly feel pretty when I lie down at the end of a long day and have smooth, yummy satin next to my face :P

I bought mine (2 for $20) at Bed Bath & Beyond, but I saw some at Target just a few weeks ago, and they were (I think) 2 for $10. I would at least try those first before you spend a ton a money and then realize you don't even like them that much!

Have you guys heard of Save My Face pillow?
I saw this in a Japanses magazine and have been trying it since I sleep on the side a lot... I do hear silk pillow cases are good for antiwrinkle, bedhair, and some says it may retard aging process!!!

tiramisu - is this pillow good ? i want to buy one, whats your feedback on this ? thanks would love to hear from you

My grandmother always slept on silk pillowcases and her face looked like a babys bottom and never a hair out of place. I'm a huge fan and have finally reached the stage of age that I am dedicated to using silk all the time..

Silk charmeuse is definitely the champagne of silk IMHO... feels so nice next to your face. (Though I don't like the feel of this for my sheets.. give me the best cottons for that!)

silk or satin? most likely satin which is not natural and hypoallergenic and all the other beneficial qualities of silk ... but it is much less expensive and if it works for you ... you go girl!

thanks for the tip about the satin pillow cases on clearance at target! i went to my local target and found a pair of 2 for just under $7. there were quite a few left in standard/king sizes. hope it helps my hair/skin!

I have heard that they are good for your hair (and skin). My fine thin hair ALWAYS ends up like a birds nest in the morning. Literally my SO has to pick through it with a large comb!

Do any of you sleep on them? Which is better, silk or satin? TIA :smile:

I had some satin pillowcases made and I love them. I have noticed less frizz on my hair and I have thick wavy hair. I went to a fabric store and had mine made by a friend that sews and it was way cheaper that way.

I have both Satin and Silk. I think they work the same to be honest. I haven't noticed a difference in my skin however my hair is less dry and frizzy. I also sleep with an old silk scarf wrapped around my head that helps as well.