Silk/Satin pillowcases for better hair and skin?

Satin, silk whichever will help. The other poster was correct, too in stating that it helps with splitting hair. The reason this is so is because it cuts down on the friction that occurs with certain other fabrics like cotton.
I always recommend a satin pillowcase to clients who are trying to grow their hair out, ones who are chemically dependent or prone to splitting.

Much of what we know about silk and its beauty and restorative benefits is based upon personal experience(and ancient Chinese lore). I have used Charmeuse Silk pillowcases for almost 15 years now and I swear by them ... but, it must be CHARMEUSE silk, a 19+ momme count. The smooth, shiny surface allows your skin and hair to glide - less pulling. Plus, silk is all natural(satin is all synthetic!!), allowing it to breathe and adjust to your body temperature; it is also hypoallergenic and antibacterial. Can that be BAD for you? I have not had a split end in 14+ years; my hair looks great when I wake up. At night, I feel that the silky smooth surface allows my beauty creams to stay on my skin and work their magic! Best of all, sleeping on silk feels great - It is very soothing and comforting.

I have tried many silk pillowcases, I think the ones at
xxx
are by far the best. The are lovely, unique silk charmeuse prints, very high quality, machine washable and last forever. I say TREAT YOURSELF - also makes great "girlfriend gifts ...
www. silkndreams.com (Check it out ...)

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom and grandmom used to sleep on satin; then I bought them silk - WOW! Satin is verrry synthetic and unnatural. Treat your mom for Christmas and get her a real silk charmeuse pillowcase - she deserves it.

As for cotton, I sleep on very high count Italian cotton sheets; they feel awesome. But, for my face and hair I use the charmeuse silk pilowcover - I'm hooked!

No scientific evidence, but dermatologists, plastic surgeons and hairdressers have all recommended sleeping on silk to minimize the "rough" and "tugging" of a cotton pillowcase and to preserve your hairstyle. In fact, at the conclusion of many of the TV makeovers, the professional recommend sleeping on a silk pillowcase ...
My hairdresser tells all his clients to sleep on silk - men and women alike! I told my dermatologist about the fabulous silk pillowcase I bought and now she recommends the pillowcase to all her patients. And, its all natural, antibacterial, hypoallergenic and ECO-FRIENDLY. Can't beat it ..

As for myself, I have used silk pillowcases for over 15 years; I take it with when I travel or visit friends and family. I can't sleep on anything else. That is why I love the silkndreams silk prints ... they look so lovely on the Hotel pillows and I never forget the pillowcase because it really "stands out!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that this also helps with staticky hair in winter and have been meaning to try it. Just want to point out, though, that satin is a weave, not a material. Silk satin is what I've had recommended to me.

Also, someone is guerilla advertising?

i have used 100% silk pillow case and it does wonders to my face (at least it does for me) i tend to sleep on the side so my face always hits the pillow. Before using silk pillowcase everytime i wake up i would have lines on my face which is awful and takes time to go back to normal but with silk pillowcase i wake up with no lines whatsoever it really is great!

My reply was definitely not an Ad, just a great find ... i have just been a big fan of silk pillowcases for years and love sharing my discovery with other femms. It is my favorite "girlfriend" gift and the only printed ones I ever found was at that company (whose name I will not mention again!) .. buy one anywhere you like, but definitely try it. You will see why I am excited to recommend it ...

My reply was definitely not an Ad, just a great find ... i have just been a big fan of silk pillowcases for years and love sharing my discovery with other femms. It is my favorite "girlfriend" gift and the only printed ones I ever found was at that company (whose name I will not mention again!) .. buy one anywhere you like, but definitely try it. You will see why I am excited to recommend it ...

Go 'way.