Secret Tips for Caring For Your Celine

Hi girls

I need your help ! I have a black leather Celine Phantom and I have some faint stains – finger prints ( foundation or sunscreen , not sure ). I can see them only at a certain angle. I can’t clean them with babywipes. I do have a 2 phase eye make up remover ( not Chanel but Lancome ) but I am scared to use it - it has some oil in it and I am worried that if I use it only on those few spots it will be visible ( more shiny ?). What else could I use ?

What conditioner were you using and how many times did you apply? I had a similar situation and applied it several times and eventually it went back to normal...well 95% normal.

Also, I've read somewhere to re-wet the leather slightly and while the leather is a bit damp, apply leather conditioner, so it absorbs deep into the leather. Haven't not tried before, but if above solution doesn't work, this could be an option. Maybe try with a throw-away bag first before trying on Celine.

Thank you for your advice orid! I only conditioned it once, just put another layer on, waiting for it to dry. I'll see how it goes and put more on if need be. I am using the collonil leather gel =)

I've read through this thread and I'm still a little confused as to what I should do to protect my smooth and drummed(pebbled) mini luggage totes. Please clarify for me if you have any answers:

1. Do I spray/use a waterproofer for smooth and/or drummed leather? If so which waterproofer? Collonil? Other? Does it matter which one? Or does it matter if it's smooth or drummed leather?

2. Do I use a leather conditioner? If so, which one? Apple? Obenauf? Other? Does it matter which one? Or does it depend on if it's smooth or drummed?

3. Do I use both a waterproofer and leather conditioner? If so, when do you use each?

Thank you!!!
Bump. I just bought a drummed leather Celine. What do you recommend to care and protect?

What did you end up getting? I would love to hear your recommendations for drummed leather.

I didn't end up getting either. I found the drummed leather to be hardy enough that it didn't need any protection. Even when it got wet from raindrops, I just left it to dry on its own and there were no water marks.

Hey girls,

I've been using my drummed leather nano as my everyday bag and I found out that several parts of the bag are getting darker, as in black. I'm not sure if it's color transfer or just dirt since I wear black a lot.

Anyway, I tried removing them with baby wipes but it didnt work :nogood:
I've bad experience with my local spas and I'm not sure if I should dye it or ignore them? sigh

Anyone here has similar stains on your bag?

Attachments

• image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,167
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,163
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,154
Hey girls,

I've been using my drummed leather nano as my everyday bag and I found out that several parts of the bag are getting darker, as in black. I'm not sure if it's color transfer or just dirt since I wear black a lot.

Anyway, I tried removing them with baby wipes but it didnt work :nogood:
I've bad experience with my local spas and I'm not sure if I should dye it or ignore them? sigh

Anyone here has similar stains on your bag?

Looks like color transfer to me! Try using Lexol leather wipes, and dab gently until the stain is gone. HTH!

Hi everyone [emoji5]️
I have the Céline Phantom in Taupe and I think it's the drummed leather.
I'm very unsure what kind of products I should buy to protect my Céline.
I've read a several times in this thread about the Colonil Spray but I'm not sure if this also works fine for my Céline in taupe because I'm kind of afraid that the bag darkens after using a spray? And i'm also not quite sure if I can use a conditionner for the drummed leather? :/

I'm thankful for every answer! [emoji8]

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1445374793.836151.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1445375016.034628.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1445374721.446138.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1445374721.446138.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 1,056
Hi everyone [emoji5]️
I have the Céline Phantom in Taupe and I think it's the drummed leather.
I'm very unsure what kind of products I should buy to protect my Céline.
I've read a several times in this thread about the Colonil Spray but I'm not sure if this also works fine for my Céline in taupe because I'm kind of afraid that the bag darkens after using a spray? And i'm also not quite sure if I can use a conditionner for the drummed leather? :/

I'm thankful for every answer! [emoji8]

View attachment 3163244
View attachment 3163245

I would like to know the answer to this too. I have the exact same bag now and I think it's grained calf skin. Not sure whether to use collonil spray on it or not. I'm worried too about colour darkening from the spray but I wear a lot of black and didn't want to end up with colour transfer.

I would like to know the answer to this too. I have the exact same bag now and I think it's grained calf skin. Not sure whether to use collonil spray on it or not. I'm worried too about colour darkening from the spray but I wear a lot of black and didn't want to end up with colour transfer.
Another bump... I have a black mini belt with grained calfskin. Had a greasy finger episode and since then there's been an extra shiny patch. I've tried dish detergent on it and it won't budge. Does anyone know if baby wipes work on it? Thanks!