Secret Tips for Caring For Your Celine

quyenx3

Aug 18, 2018
Hey peeps, any tips of how I can get rain stains off my black croc phantom? :sad:

It's my first Celine bag, I specifically asked the SA of I should spray rain protector on the bag but she said don't so I didn't. Yesterday was the first time I wore it out and at some point it was showering a bit, althought I had an umbrella, my Celine still caught a bit of rain, now I have these rain stains on my bag! I called Celine and told them the situation and they said there's nothing I can do.

Does anyone have the same experience and have a solution for it? Thanks!
Bump! Having the same issues did you ever get it fixed?

sewon92

Sep 22, 2020
Düsseldorf, Germany
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to TPF and this is my first post.
Hopefully someone has a good advice for me on the following thing. Just a few days ago I became a proud owner of the Celine Nano Luggage Bag in black smooth leather. I've dreamed about this bag for years and it's my first high end bag ever!
So, since I didn't wear it with me outside yet, I was wondering how to care for it in the first place.

I've read through this thread yesterday and am a bit confused now. I'm thankful for the many products that were mentioned either for smooth or rough leather materials and researched them as well - was ready to go for it and treat my new precious bag with one of them.
On the other hand I contacted the Celine customer service yesterday (I also bought the bag at their online boutique since there is no store around where I live) and asked them about how to care for the Luggage Bag. They said I should use nothing on the bag since it's already pre-treated and I should make use of their pampering service after 2 years of usage instead.
So.... how are your thoughts on that? Does someone have some experience with their papmpering service? Is it for free, or what are the costs.... I'm wondering since the reply of the customer service wasn't very detailed. I'm lucky for some advices from you and am looking forward to exchange advices in the future with everyone here!

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
I'd say it's more of a personal preference, whether to treat their bags or not. It's not just Celine who says their items don't need anything extra applied to them.

I don't typically put anything on my handbags, shoes, etc., unless:
1. it's going to be worn in the rain, then I spray it with a water-repelling coat;
2. it got dirty, then I would clean it with a leather cleaning product and moisturize it afterwards;

That's pretty much it.

But if it's a lighter color leather (or especially suede!) and you plan on wearing it with denim, then I think you should definitely put a protective layer on it.

Reactions: MaseratiMomma

coolmelondew

Jan 8, 2016
I have an Edge bag in box calf and over the years it’s developed some surface scratches any advice on what I can use to help them appear less visible- I also have a classic Box bag same colour I barely use because she’s prone to scratches. Any advice welcome!
I used to have the same problem on my Edge and found that rubbing the scratch out with my finger helps. I use a clean finger to gently massage the scratch in a circular movement, then left it alone for a few days. I repeated this cycle for about two months and the scratches faded out. Hope this helps!

Feb 22, 2020
London
I used to have the same problem on my Edge and found that rubbing the scratch out with my finger helps. I use a clean finger to gently massage the scratch in a circular movement, then left it alone for a few days. I repeated this cycle for about two months and the scratches faded out. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I love the bag and it saddens me to see these marks
Have a lovely Sunday

Reactions: coolmelondew