Secret Tips for Caring For Your Celine

Hey peeps, any tips of how I can get rain stains off my black croc phantom? :sad:

It's my first Celine bag, I specifically asked the SA of I should spray rain protector on the bag but she said don't so I didn't. Yesterday was the first time I wore it out and at some point it was showering a bit, althought I had an umbrella, my Celine still caught a bit of rain, now I have these rain stains on my bag! I called Celine and told them the situation and they said there's nothing I can do.

Does anyone have the same experience and have a solution for it? Thanks!

Bump! Having the same issues did you ever get it fixed?

Hi does your celine nano’s in smooth calf leather had scuffings in your interior like this? Will it worsen overtime? Bought it preloved and just saw this. How did you take care of it? Thank you!

Attachments

• 4A860ED8-48E4-419C-A0A6-95A0E78CBE5D.jpeg
    4A860ED8-48E4-419C-A0A6-95A0E78CBE5D.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 94EE8579-26D9-4E61-8B99-9ED676753A8F.jpeg
    94EE8579-26D9-4E61-8B99-9ED676753A8F.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 379
HELP! My belt bag was stained! Please tell me what to do! I’m soooo pissed. It happened today so I’m sure it’s bot too late!

Attachments

• 0032F197-B008-4D8E-B768-6F02D5E7B8E5.jpeg
    0032F197-B008-4D8E-B768-6F02D5E7B8E5.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 42CCA771-C973-45E5-9C93-3AD053C97F10.jpeg
    42CCA771-C973-45E5-9C93-3AD053C97F10.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 251
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to TPF and this is my first post.
Hopefully someone has a good advice for me on the following thing. Just a few days ago I became a proud owner of the Celine Nano Luggage Bag in black smooth leather. I've dreamed about this bag for years and it's my first high end bag ever!
So, since I didn't wear it with me outside yet, I was wondering how to care for it in the first place.

I've read through this thread yesterday and am a bit confused now. I'm thankful for the many products that were mentioned either for smooth or rough leather materials and researched them as well - was ready to go for it and treat my new precious bag with one of them.
On the other hand I contacted the Celine customer service yesterday (I also bought the bag at their online boutique since there is no store around where I live) and asked them about how to care for the Luggage Bag. They said I should use nothing on the bag since it's already pre-treated and I should make use of their pampering service after 2 years of usage instead.
So.... how are your thoughts on that? Does someone have some experience with their papmpering service? Is it for free, or what are the costs.... I'm wondering since the reply of the customer service wasn't very detailed. I'm lucky for some advices from you and am looking forward to exchange advices in the future with everyone here!

I'd say it's more of a personal preference, whether to treat their bags or not. It's not just Celine who says their items don't need anything extra applied to them.

I don't typically put anything on my handbags, shoes, etc., unless:
1. it's going to be worn in the rain, then I spray it with a water-repelling coat;
2. it got dirty, then I would clean it with a leather cleaning product and moisturize it afterwards;

That's pretty much it.

But if it's a lighter color leather (or especially suede!) and you plan on wearing it with denim, then I think you should definitely put a protective layer on it.

Reactions: MaseratiMomma
I have an Edge bag in box calf and over the years it’s developed some surface scratches any advice on what I can use to help them appear less visible- I also have a classic Box bag same colour I barely use because she’s prone to scratches. Any advice welcome!

Attachments

• 74F8B94F-3F28-4404-AAEB-B8C393A7568C.jpeg
    74F8B94F-3F28-4404-AAEB-B8C393A7568C.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: miumiu666
I have an Edge bag in box calf and over the years it’s developed some surface scratches any advice on what I can use to help them appear less visible- I also have a classic Box bag same colour I barely use because she’s prone to scratches. Any advice welcome!
I used to have the same problem on my Edge and found that rubbing the scratch out with my finger helps. I use a clean finger to gently massage the scratch in a circular movement, then left it alone for a few days. I repeated this cycle for about two months and the scratches faded out. Hope this helps!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I used to have the same problem on my Edge and found that rubbing the scratch out with my finger helps. I use a clean finger to gently massage the scratch in a circular movement, then left it alone for a few days. I repeated this cycle for about two months and the scratches faded out. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I love the bag and it saddens me to see these marks
Have a lovely Sunday

Reactions: coolmelondew
Hello! I hope that this is the right place to post this.

I recently got a tri-color Micro Luggage from The RealReal and I am not sure if I messed up in trying to care for it.

I’ve tried cleaning and conditioning the bag with Coach leather cleaner/conditioner as well as the Apple leather cleaner/conditioner. When using both, a black residue would transfer to the cleaning cloth when handling the calfskin. At first I was thinking the bag was just that dirty, but now I don’t know.

The bag itself doesn’t appear any different, but I am concerned that I am rubbing the dye off. I’ve never had this happen before and because I don’t want to ruin such a beautiful (and expensive) bag, I am concerned.

Has anyone had this happen before? If so, is this common, or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• D04FA392-803B-480F-9005-CDAFBE558666.jpeg
    D04FA392-803B-480F-9005-CDAFBE558666.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 19
  • 853F7AD2-A630-43E7-B2A6-9D24A66C3A8F.jpeg
    853F7AD2-A630-43E7-B2A6-9D24A66C3A8F.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 18
I just discovered this thread. I love the Celine 16 and bought it in the small tan. Now after using it literally once or twice I have discovered it scratches so easily. Is that normal? Is there any way to prevent it from getting scratched. I feel if I look at it it gets scratched! I’m super careful with my bags and I have never experienced this before.
Thanks in advance for any help. Unfortunately I can’t return it as it’s been over 15 days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 43
Forgive me if there is a thread like this already, but I haven't seen one. I am starting this due to a recent discovery (yesterday, in fact!) that both relieved and delighted me!

There was a GREEN stain/spot on a VERY light-colored Celine Mini I have, and it is one I plan on selling. I had taken it to Nordstrom's to show Jane Yoon, my SA, and discovered the spot then. I FREAKED. The bag had been stored fpor quite a while, so I am not sure why it was there--it was faint, but STILL!

Jane briskly appears with a tissue dabbed with something on it, and wipes the bag. The spot disappears! I asked her what was on the tissue:

CHANEL EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!!!!

Turns out she had heard from a Celine rep that this works. . .they had been there just before my arrival.

So, I thought I would share that with you guys in case you ever had a similar scenario (God Forbid!)

The only other tip I have heard of (from you guys) is that carrying baby wipes is a good idea, as they can work wonders. I have never tried it, but a fellow member I found a bag for did. She said it was like magic!

Hope anyone who knows of other "secrets" or just common-sense knowledge about caring for different types of leather (pebbled, smooth) or styles of bags, and/or the interior/exterior of Celines will post. :smile:
Does cleaning on your own void your ability to have the bag serviced?