Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wont replace Tags because Tags are specific to outfits And They have a serial number size And season. I tried the i took it to the dry cleaners And it came without a tag deal and it didn't work! :sad:
I would think there are plenty of other reasons too, like, I'll attached this CHANEL tag to this non-Chanel jacket, or something like that.

I'm tired of not having multiquote on my phone
Magda love The Tory sweater!
Krissie wow that Chanel is amazing!!
Tomsmom great finds! Can't wait to see your bag!!!

I don't have any thrifted goodies but I have been waiting for these shoes for over 3 months and in one day I end up buying 2!! One from eBay and one from net a porter. Here is the one from NAP!
It's isabel marant Bekkets
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365859224.141468.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1365859241.293929.jpg
I'm wearing them with my thrifted outfit a Hugo boss skinny jeans. Vince shirt and coming soon jacket! Just read the label and the leather is real thick it's horse leather! Never heard of that before!

I don't have any thrifted goodies but I have been waiting for these shoes for over 3 months and in one day I end up buying 2!! One from eBay and one from net a porter. Here is the one from NAP!
View attachment 2140029View attachment 2140030
I'm wearing them with my thrifted outfit a Hugo boss skinny jeans. Vince shirt and coming soon jacket! Just read the label and the leather is real thick it's horse leather! Never heard of that before!

You are Gorgeous Pao! How are you liking Spain now? how are things going? I'm so curious I can't imagine doing what you did, just pack up and move to another country. We moved to a neighboring state and I loathed it so we came back here, lol.

Sacrilege is the perfect word for what that is. The Consignment store had an ENTIRE rack of CHANEL (unheard of). I'm going through the rack with my jaw on the ground, and then I saw that (and it's a beautiful jacket). I held it up and yelled at my friend, "WHO DOES THAT???" :nono::noggin: The rest of the Chanel clothing had tags in tact. They also had about 8 vintage Chanel bags. My head was spinning. It's still spinning, and it wants to go back and BUY!!!

What state is this store in?
My dream has always Been to find chanel at a store. I look and look and nothing!!! I don't give up. What state?

Love the outfit!!! Looking great and hope you're enjoying Spain!! Everyone is wearing those shoes but I don't think I can pull them off lol. I really love them on other people though!

I found these glasses cases which I always seem to need ... they were each $1 ...

I watched the Roswell DVDs I thrifted as I sewed a belt for a buckle I had thrifted ... the buckle is from the 1950's. The belt that came with this buckle was 19 inches. Another reason I think it dates from long ago when the tiny waisted people roamed the earth wearing neat German looking buckles.

Sewing leather by hand ... I had to roll it over and hand sew is not at all easy. I needed a thimble and there was swearing ...

The leather is cut from a green suede leather skirt I thrifted for $1 .. that skirt was small .. very small and it had a couple ink stains so I didn't feel badly slicing it up and recycling it.

Here's a Fishtail skinny belt that I bought for $1.50. I have another one like this and it's much wider. I think the skinny one will be easier to wear!

Around $500. They were trying to tell me the buttons were Chanel, but I don't think so (I mean, if you're gonna rip the tag out, you'd probably take the buttons too). I'm not an expert on Chanel buttons, but these just looked wrong to me.

Did you see the silver chain on the inside? If its real its not a bad price!

Love the outfit!!! Looking great and hope you're enjoying Spain!! Everyone is wearing those shoes but I don't think I can pull them off lol. I really love them on other people though!

Lol. Spain is great! Got my bestie out here for a month so that helps!
I know that's the bad part about having these! All the made in china designers copy this style! It's all they wear here in Spain but I can always tell the real thing from the authentic! I saw so many stores selling the inspired version for €30 and this one in the states is $640! Kind off sucks but when I want something bad there is no way to get it out of my head! Lol!!!

I found these glasses cases which I always seem to need ... they were each $1 ...

I watched the Roswell DVDs I thrifted as I sewed a belt for a buckle I had thrifted ... the buckle is from the 1950's. The belt that came with this buckle was 19 inches. Another reason I think it dates from long ago when the tiny waisted people roamed the earth wearing neat German looking buckles.

Sewing leather by hand ... I had to roll it over and hand sew is not at all easy. I needed a thimble and there was swearing ...

The leather is cut from a green suede leather skirt I thrifted for $1 .. that skirt was small .. very small and it had a couple ink stains so I didn't feel badly slicing it up and recycling it.

Here's a Fishtail skinny belt that I bought for $1.50. I have another one like this and it's much wider. I think the skinny one will be easier to wear!
Did you use a leather needle? Leather is awfully tough, but the leather needle makes it much easier. A 19 in waist! That is crazy!

You are Gorgeous Pao! How are you liking Spain now? how are things going? I'm so curious I can't imagine doing what you did, just pack up and move to another country. We moved to a neighboring state and I loathed it so we came back here, lol.

Thanks sweetie! Yeah it's the craziest thing I ever did for sure! Moving to me is the easiest thing since I moved within brazil, then to Ecuador, Costa Rica and Miami but moving here and not working and depending on someone is the hardest by far!!! I'm slowly getting used to the different setting but as soon as I have a routine and keep busy ill be bette.r, and no I won't be fine with the lack of thrift here!!! I'm dying of shopping withdrawal! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.