Search for the Great White Shirt

There's always Anne Fontaine for ultra high quality white shirts in myriad styles, but they don't fit properly across my big boobs, so I had to settle for something decidedly more downscale.

I love the white shirts from Anne Fontaine - they're gorgeous! But also agree that if you are "chesty" then they don't work quite as well. At least for me they don't and it makes me sad because I love her shirts.

I like Charles Tyrwhitt shirts:

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/p/gbpdefa...=Relevance&page=1&back=False&canned=&browse=Y

particularly the tailored fitted ones with a touch of lycra. They take cufflinks or a button - I use DH's Hermes cufflinks in my black CT shirt. CT will even monogramme a cuff, I wasn't sure if I liked the idea so I went very subtle and had black on black, looks great and is pretty much under the radar.

I was also going to suggest Thomas Pink as a second choice - I have had both but prefer CT at the moment.

My favorite all time white shirt is from Theory. It is the Larissa style. While you're there, pick up a black and dark gray...I love, love, love this shirt and I searched high and low for the best white blouse for years!!

My favourite place to shop for nice white shirts would be:

T.M.Lewin --> but only the fitted styles
Banana Republic
Thomas Pink
Van Laack

or, if you want it rather conservative (but in a good way), try Brooks Brother's shirt range (might have some fitted styles as well)

I was going to suggest Charles Tyrwhitt (US + UK) and TM Lewin (UK) but others beat me to the punch. Also, I don't know if they make womens shirts, but he also just started ordering from Harvie + Hudson in the UK.

Auuugh I had a white shirt debacle today at the mall. NO success despite trying on shirts in at least 5 stores. I need to sell some of my boobage, I think. LOL!
Brooks Brothers, I learned today, has three styles of shirt for women, including classic fit, semi fitted, and fitted. The more fitted styles just did not work at all for me (and also made my arms look ridiculous as the sleeves were way, way too long for me). The classic fit actually closed over my chest, shockingly enough, but the rest of the shirt looked kind of dumpy, like I was wearing one of my DH's shirts.
I think I'll have to stick to my Banana Republic ones, and the occasional raid of DH's closet since he has really nice shirts. LOL

I was going to suggest Charles Tyrwhitt (US + UK) and TM Lewin (UK) but others beat me to the punch. Also, I don't know if they make womens shirts, but he also just started ordering from Harvie + Hudson in the UK.

Oops -- I meant to say my DH just started ordering from Harvie + Hudson.

Also, Cynthia, how would I go about purchasing some of your boobage? Do you take PayPal? :P

my favourite shirt is my stella mccartney for h&m oversized one that is practically a dress on most people :shame: despite the dozen or so thomas pink shirts i have :rolleyes:

i really want to try some dior homme ones now though, they look really cool.. i have a feeling i'd have to have them shortened to circumvent the fact that i have hips though :lol: