Search for the Great White Shirt

No no no no! The god of the great white shirt is the late great Gianfranco Ferre. If you have the cash splash there!

If you like the business formality of Thomas Pink but you have a big chest can I suggest T.M.Lewin which does fitted shapes which are much better for hour glassed shaped ladies. All top quality cotton - not Anne Fontaine but very good.

There was an article on Carolina Herrera I read eons ago. Her signature style is a crisp white shirt paired with a black pair of pants or skirt. The interviewer asked where she bought her white shirts and she mentioned Banana Republic.

I recently bought a pretty white shirt from Philosophy Blues Original.
It fits perfectly! I love it! And my H scarf looks great with it!
I wear my H scarf so often! Will post a pic of one of my favorite ways to wear it in the "Your H in action" thread soon...

agreed i left him out due to the prices(actually the one and only time I got a sticker shock :lol:) and i am not sure how the company will go on wihtout him (he truly will be missed such an architect!)

hah white shirt my business lol ok i love to get some tailored but another fave fave brand of mine is anne fontaine or brioni or loro piana made to meassure all of them are just sublime akris , la perla and jil sander are also good as is ann demeulemeester or dior homme (just get the smallest sizes the look is very edgy)

I love the white shirts by Jil Sander and Gianfranco Ferre. :love:

There is a less expensive one out there that you order by bra size, but I haven't tried it.

http://www.rebeccaandrew.com/index.asp

i swear by banana republic. i have a few and need more. love some of the ones i've seen at anne fountaine but i can't bring myself to spend that kind of money (or any big $ amount) for a shirt that is eventually going to yellow or get stained. i'm a bit of a mess. lol. i see white shirts as something people should buy cheap and in bulk. lol.

OMG this is my huge quest lately too!! So much so, that I seriously attempted to PAY one of my friends to "personal shop" and find me a perfect white shirt. While she refused to take the money, she did point me toward Banana Republic, of all places, where I did find a lovely white shirt that I enjoy (though the sleeves are a bit long on me).
There's always Anne Fontaine for ultra high quality white shirts in myriad styles, but they don't fit properly across my big boobs, so I had to settle for something decidedly more downscale.
Haven't had a chance to get to Thomas Pink lately, but that's my next place to check out. I believe (but am not sure) that they also do a bespoke shirt there, if you're near a Thomas Pink boutique.

Also, man I love that colorway of Guepards! It's the one I have and it's :heart:.

Hahahaha I JUST picked one up from Banana. I'm kinda narrow with annoying knockers (thanks mom!) so finding the perfect white shirt does NOT exist for me. I have to get a M or L for the top part and S for the waist or I get lost in fabric. I've yet to find one that cuts right.

BUT the Banana Republic is a L, and it wraps to make the waist smaller! I love it, but could only find one of them. Otherwise, I'm headed out to Thomas Pink, myself to get some cut for me again.

I always have the "disappearing button" problem with white shirts. It needs to be cut so my boobies fit and the button on top of them doesn´t pop open in the middle of a workday:sweatdrop:

Hahahaha I JUST picked one up from Banana. I'm kinda narrow with annoying knockers (thanks mom!) so finding the perfect white shirt does NOT exist for me. I have to get a M or L for the top part and S for the waist or I get lost in fabric. I've yet to find one that cuts right.

BUT the Banana Republic is a L, and it wraps to make the waist smaller! I love it, but could only find one of them. Otherwise, I'm headed out to Thomas Pink, myself to get some cut for me again.

Poor you! Busty on top with a tiny waist! Sorry, no sympathy here. :P
And, if I recall, you have fabulous arms too!

I love white shirts and am always in a hunt for one. It's the only thing I wear so I go through them a bit. I'm short, 5' tall so that makes it impossible to find the right fit, especially in the back (the material bunches up when it's not cut right). I've had luck with banana republic XS and Anne Taylor 2petite. The fit is great, specially love how the back just fit right. I love Anne Fontaine, but $200 for a shirt is just too much for my sahm budget.

BTW, I use clorox spray for removing the yellow stain on my white shirts. It works wonders, luv this stuff.