Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Just tangentially on theme as I left the house very early to head down to Jazz Fest in NOLA. My slow-to-warm-up format most definitely has been the CSGM! However, I have totally made up for my early indifference in a torrent of enthusiasm which has led to a diagnosis of Severe Exuberant Shawl Acquisition Syndrome. Chevaux Deschainees is my SOTD for travel today.
View attachment 5993971

Severe Exuberant Shawl Acquisition Syndrome LOL. I am that way with 90s basically. Love this on you.

I just have too many 90s!

Sorry, I don’t understand this phrase - is it English? Does not compute really…

Me this morning

The robins and mourning doves … :facepalm:
So - a scarf full o’birds!
Le Bal des Oiseaux
View attachment 5994124

The only thing wrong with this picture is that this scarf is not miiiine… So jealous. I literally see this design nowhere on the reseller sites and I want like 3 different colorways of it. Gorgeous with your top!

Fab way to hide a border! :tup:

Fabulous! OMG your curls as well!

Congratulations @Lellabelle-- it is beautiful and so are you! Gorgeous mod shots. Be the Border is a great strategy but hardly needed here...what a great cw! Patience well rewarded with this one!

Thank you for the lovely comments!

The curls are well behaved today so they get to be in a picture :giggle:

It took me a long time to warm up to pink, but it’s such a flattering colour when you find the right one. I just love Dallet’s big cats and Equateur has a few to choose from, as well as the lovely parrots, sweet simians and the cute little sloth, who made a Friday-friendly appearance here. It’s been a long week and the weekend calls for a little sloth to balance things out! :sleeping:

Happy Friday from the Crescent City everyone! I found in my NOLA scarf box a neglected 90 that clearly does not deserve Cinderella status. I love the artist, love the notion of a "Jardin Creole" (after all I grew up in Creole cultures and spend half the year in one now!) but somehow, this was crowded out by (too many :rolleyes: ) newer arrivals. I love in particular the corner I highlighted in this mod shot so hat tip to @Forever Orange for reminding me that the Petit Bib tie allows one of the four quadrants to shine...
View attachment 5994749View attachment 5994773
Edited to add a thumbnail photo!
Superb tie for this, LKB! What a super way to highlight one of the best bits - I would not have recognised this scarf if you hadn’t identified the design!

Reactions: CedarWaxWing
Stretching the theme a bit here, but Animapolis was a design I didn’t obsess as much on in the beginning.

I admired @LKBNOLA ‘s and others’ mod shots but I first saw these at a time when I already had a few blue toned scarves and figured I needed to be done with that category
note to past self:
aw you’re so cute, too many blue scarves? adorable.

Also I thought that this cw was too duplicative with my Pantin City, but while there’s some similarities, the designs are so different that I don’t think of them as interchangeable.

Happy Friday!
IMG_0726.jpeg

Stretching the theme a bit here, but Animapolis was a design I didn’t obsess as much on in the beginning.

I admired @LKBNOLA ‘s and others’ mod shots but I first saw these at a time when I already had a few blue toned scarves and figured I needed to be done with that category
note to past self:
aw you’re so cute, too many blue scarves? adorable.

Also I thought that this cw was too duplicative with my Pantin City, but while there’s some similarities, the designs are so different that I don’t think of them as interchangeable.

Happy Friday!
View attachment 5994890
I love this on you and I bookmarked for the pretty and casual knot! I am struggling a bit lately to wear my 90 silks ( new job and silk seems so out of place), but your knot seems lovely and appropriate 😍

My Cinderella story is not a scarf but an artist. When I first started collecting 12 yrs ago, I thought Dallet designs were too staid and traditional for my tastes. I like loud, bright, and busy scarves that are more abstract and I felt the Dallet designs were too “mature” for me. I didn’t get why everyone raves about Dallet scarves and I figured it was just not for me.

Then I saw this cw of Sichuan at a reseller and changed my tune. The acid green/chartreuse is just :loveeyes: And against the black border? Love. I have since added a Les Girafes CSGM in orange and purple. And on the hunt for a Equateur now too! It was just a matter of finding the right cw to make Dallet designs speak to me.
IMG_0688.jpeg

Happy Saturday, everyone. Thank you so much to @bunnycat for a thought-provoking week. I loved seeing everyone's takes on this topic! At this point in my collecting journey I did not think I had any Cinderellas to share but it turns out the themes, as always are quite flexible. Today I have a belle of the ball to share: my SOYE, a new-to-me Fleurs d'Indiennes 140 wash silk in a beautiful and unusual coral cw with a delightful navy blue hem. A huge 🙏 and :flowers: to @Croisette7 for pointing me in the direction of this wonderful piece. Never before have I attended an event where I received so many compliments over the course of the evening on my scarf!
Fleurs d'Indiennes 140.jpg
I am meeting friends and then heading off to Jazz Fest for some traditional jazz, gospel and zydeco. It seems fitting to wear New Orleans Creole Jazz! One great way to wear a scarf in 85 degrees at a dusty fairgrounds when you are going to be eating a lot of scrumptious messy food, is to braid it! If I remember, I will try for a scarf-on-site at one of the tents later...
New Orleans Creole Jazz 6.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Saturday, everyone. Thank you so much to @bunnycat for a thought-provoking week. I loved seeing everyone's takes on this topic! At this point in my collecting journey I did not think I had any Cinderellas to share but it turns out the themes, as always are quite flexible. Today I have a belle of the ball to share: my SOYE, a new-to-me Fleurs d'Indiennes 140 wash silk in a beautiful and unusual coral cw with a delightful navy blue hem. A huge 🙏 and :flowers: to @Croisette7 for pointing me in the direction of this wonderful piece. Never before have I attended an event where I received so many compliments over the course of the evening on my scarf!
View attachment 5995022
I am meeting friends and then heading off to Jazz Fest for some traditional jazz, gospel and zydeco. It seems fitting to wear New Orleans Creole Jazz! One great way to wear a scarf in 85 degrees at a dusty fairgrounds when you are going to be eating a lot of scrumptious messy food, is to braid it! If I remember, I will try for a scarf-on-site at one of the tents later...
View attachment 5995024
You look amazing, dear!

View attachment 5995022
View attachment 5995024
The Fleurs d’Indiennes is magnificent! And gorgeously tied as usual ! Congratulations!