Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

I liken Concours d' Etriers to Cinderella's forgotten glass slipper. I saw it in London and decided not to get it because I didn't feel like carrying it with me all day doing touristy stuff. I didn't have time to go back to the store I saw it in....luckily my home store still had it and I didn't hesitate to get it. Still one of my favourite wash scarves. 😊

IMG_6578.jpeg

Kawa Ora was available when I first began collecting Hermes scarves, but I passed on the design until very recently. Partly because of the theme (this is as close to getting a tattoo as I'll ever get, not counting some of my childhood scrapes), and partly because most of the colorways did not appeal to me. The pretty colors here are my favorite by far.

Kawa Ora is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5994051
I love your Kawa Ora! I passed on it too, and it didn't click until the CSGMs came out. Sadly, I missed out on those too.... maybe one day!

Me this morning

The robins and mourning doves … :facepalm:
So - a scarf full o’birds!
Le Bal des Oiseaux
View attachment 5994124

Perfectly paired!!!

Gavroches don’t work very well with most of my shirts, so they’re not a great investment for me. But I’ve acquired a couple because the colors and scale worked so well. For example, Mineraux looks blah on me in the 90 size but works really nicely at this scale and this colorway is great. Shown outdoors with my very dirty cat who just loves to roll in the dirt!
View attachment 5994187View attachment 5994188
Sometimes a gave is "just right" (More Goldilocks here...)

I confess that I am VERY late to the Kermit Oliver party, and I know that's somewhat heretical in scarflandia. I've finally dipped my toe into the Kachinas waters, and justified my baby step with the thought that at least it's in a format not overly represented in my silk pile. Here's a CSPM....
The "well I don't have this format yet" is the most perfect excuse ever! :P
Today Appaloosa des steppes is my SOTD and Cinderella scarf. I have known it’s been a fan favorite since it came out like most of Alice Shirley’s creations, but initially held no personal appeal for me. I snapped this up on the secondary market on a whim just cos it was being sold at a crazy low price and kept my fingers crossed that it was authentic- and it was! But she has grown on me and I now have a fondness for her.

View attachment 5994313
That is the perfect Cinderella story! Passed by for all her (evil) stepsisters...then voila! Belle of the Ball!

I liken Concours d' Etriers to Cinderella's forgotten glass slipper. I saw it in London and decided not to get it because I didn't feel like carrying it with me all day doing touristy stuff. I didn't have time to go back to the store I saw it in....luckily my home store still had it and I didn't hesitate to get it. Still one of my favourite wash scarves. 😊

View attachment 5994401
I'm so glad you found your "glass slipper" (or silk slipper...). It's gorgeous on you.

Good morning!
Earlier this week I confessed to previously avoiding blue scarves. It took me even longer to accept white scarves, and I am not really there yet.
So this is a Cinderella on probation, trying to charm it’s way Into regular rotation. Am me apparently continuing the sea Shell subtheme of the week.

Sotd Chemin de Corail

IMG_8296.jpeg

Wish you all a beautiful Friday!

Well done! Many people fear the dreaded black and gold cws but this demonstrates it's not always about a 'mature' look; they're just colors after all. :yes:
I’ve always thought of that color combo as more classic than “mature”, but at the end of the day gotta have the panache to pull it off.
This colorway of Appaloosa was my first as well, for the same reason that you gave. I didn't stop there, and have a few more Appaloosas in my stable. Thank you for the kind comments on Kawa Ora. I think both of these designs, in nice bright colors, would look amazing on you.
Glad to be twinning with you with this colorway. I’m definitely on the lookout for more, if only they didn’t cost an arm and leg!
That is the perfect Cinderella story! Passed by for all her (evil) stepsisters...then voila! Belle of the Ball!
Thanks 🙏🏾

Off topic today, but SOTD is a vintage Equateur. Nothing Cinderella-y about this, as what’s not to love about Dallet, except for the pre-loved pricing? It DID take me a long time to come around to wide borders though, so maybe I can stretch the theme a little there :thinking: It was a long search to find one at a good price and in a border colour that fit what I was looking for.

A6869CF9-954F-4823-9E17-BB97C55FEB1C.jpeg

Bonus pic to show the invaluable TPF “be the border” strategy in action! Matching lippie, too :winkiss:
A06F9BF5-0D2D-49C9-B130-F15A0794C275.jpeg
Happy Friday all :wave:

Last edited:
Good morning!
Earlier this week I confessed to previously avoiding blue scarves. It took me even longer to accept white scarves, and I am not really there yet.
So this is a Cinderella on probation, trying to charm it’s way Into regular rotation. Am me apparently continuing the sea Shell subtheme of the week.

Sotd Chemin de Corail

View attachment 5994524

Wish you all a beautiful Friday!
It's gorgeous on you HE!
Getting in the holiday mood with Funny Ice Cream twilly.

View attachment 5994587
I love the black on of this!

SOTD is Libre Aubrey comme L’ange. What do you call a scarf that isn’t a step-sister but not quite yet the belle of the ball? Yeah I’m still on the fence about this one, I feel like it’s all a bit too much and a little garish.
Oh well….

View attachment 5994618
Love the pattern mixing @Locquaciousloc !
I never noticed today's scarf until it appeared in my Hermès Pop-Up book.

View attachment 5994623View attachment 5994624View attachment 5994625View attachment 5994626

Then it was an amazing discovery of this garden of delights. Le Potager Extraordinaire is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5994627
Fab on you Rbh!

Off topic today, but SOTD is a vintage Equateur. Nothing Cinderella-y about this, as what’s not to love about Dallet, except for the pre-loved pricing? It DID take me a long time to come around to wide borders though, so maybe I can stretch the theme a little there :thinking: It was a long search to find one at a good price and in a border colour that fit what I was looking for.

View attachment 5994646

Bonus pic to show the invaluable TPF “be the border” strategy in action! Matching lippie, too :winkiss:
View attachment 5994647
Fab way to hide a border! :tup:

View attachment 5994646

View attachment 5994647
Fabulous! OMG your curls as well!

• Thanks
Reactions: Lellabelle
Oh, so very classy, congrats! I love it! Safe travels!
Is it gris chiné, menthol, bleu jean?
Yes! It is cw 06-- looks quite different on the website but in person-- very lovely! Thank you @Croisette7!
this glows on you - absolutely made for you!

Thank you so much!
It is very atmospheric... it is...
"I'm hiding out at the lake - I swear it was an accident!"
"I am hiding from the Zombie-pocolypse!"
"Check out this sunset Margaret - it's a doozy!"
:lol:

Beautiful, esp with this jacket!
Me this morning

The robins and mourning doves … :facepalm:
So - a scarf full o’birds!
Le Bal des Oiseaux
View attachment 5994124

Thank you @Cookiefiend for the shawl/jacket compliment! And you made me laugh-- AuBduM does indeed tell a story and we are free to insert our own dialogue, right? Love the Bal de Oiseaux and delighted to be sisters!
Thank you @LKBNOLA - quadruplets!
And would you believe it: I was at a seminar today, and a lady complimented the Sieste and Said she had one exactly the same. What are the chances? I Think I have only worn it 3-4 times !
It seems like it has a moment right now :smile:
And as @Redbirdhermes pointed out, it has been having a moment since the beginning as it was the cover girl of its year's booklet @HermesEchidna!
I confess that I am VERY late to the Kermit Oliver party, and I know that's somewhat heretical in scarflandia. I've finally dipped my toe into the Kachinas waters, and justified my baby step with the thought that at least it's in a format not overly represented in my silk pile. Here's a CSPM....
I am in love with your new CSPM! Congratulations on a fabulous find @textilegirl.
Hello dear scarflandians,
I got no Cinderella entry for today, but I was able to go for a walk to H boutique on Broad St in NYC. It was a gorgeous sunny afternoon so I snapped a few pics. Enjoy! View attachment 5994229View attachment 5994230View attachment 5994223View attachment 5994224View attachment 5994225View attachment 5994226View attachment 5994227View attachment 5994228
Thank you for the wonderful photos @Ashanti_Rose!
Thank you @LKBNOLA - quadruplets!

Well, it was the "Cover scarf" of F/W 2015.

View attachment 5994234
I never noticed today's scarf until it appeared in my Hermès Pop-Up book.

View attachment 5994623View attachment 5994624View attachment 5994625View attachment 5994626

Then it was an amazing discovery of this garden of delights. Le Potager Extraordinaire is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5994627
How cool is that pop up? Love oyur Potager @Redbirdhermes!

View attachment 5994401
One of my favorite wash scarves also @mktlim -- happy to be sisters!
ooooooh- I'm right there with ya. :lol: I more than made up for my indifference. Stunningly paired with your jacket.
Today wearing a format I "pooh-poohed" for several years- the pareo. :lol: And in a design I refused to buy in a 90cm even if I found a bargain on the Bay, because of the big border. Change the format, and then you have the perfect fitting silk (or cotton) slipper for Cinderella.

Look at me now, I know.... :roflmfao:

View attachment 5994403
This is simply wonderful on you @bunnycat! And thank you for the compliment!
Fleurs de Giverny has been on my wishlist for a while- this is a pastel beauty love 💗
Today Appaloosa des steppes is my SOTD and Cinderella scarf. I have known it’s been a fan favorite since it came out like most of Alice Shirley’s creations, but initially held no personal appeal for me. I snapped this up on the secondary market on a whim just cos it was being sold at a crazy low price and kept my fingers crossed that it was authentic- and it was! But she has grown on me and I now have a fondness for her.

View attachment 5994313
SOTD is Libre Aubrey comme L’ange. What do you call a scarf that isn’t a step-sister but not quite yet the belle of the ball? Yeah I’m still on the fence about this one, I feel like it’s all a bit too much and a little garish.
Oh well….

View attachment 5994618
Thank you @Locquaciousloc -- I hope you find your Fleurs de Giverny! I adore this Appaloosa cw -- I had trouble with it too at first shunned it for the huge eye but once I got over it, the border and graphics won me over. Your SOTD is fabulous styled this way.

View attachment 5994646

View attachment 5994647
Congratulations @Lellabelle-- it is beautiful and so are you! Gorgeous mod shots. Be the Border is a great strategy but hardly needed here...what a great cw! Patience well rewarded with this one!

Last edited:
Happy Friday from the Crescent City everyone! I found in my NOLA scarf box a neglected 90 that clearly does not deserve Cinderella status. I love the artist, love the notion of a "Jardin Creole" (after all I grew up in Creole cultures and spend half the year in one now!) but somehow, this was crowded out by (too many :rolleyes: ) newer arrivals. I love in particular the corner I highlighted in this mod shot so hat tip to @Forever Orange for reminding me that the Petit Bib tie allows one of the four quadrants to shine...
Jardin Creole.jpgJardin Creole.jpeg
Edited to add a thumbnail photo!

Last edited:
This was a Cinderella scarf for sure. @Redbirdhermes and @LKBNOLA basically own the colorway of the 90 that they both wear so beautifully ;) Although I love the design, I couldn’t find a 90 in a colorway I liked. When this gavroche showed up on TRR I clicked to purchase so quickly my fingers almost left earth’s orbit. Shown with my rhubarb plant, which sorely needs to have its flower stalks removed!IMG_1006.jpeg

This was a Cinderella scarf for sure. @Redbirdhermes and @LKBNOLA basically own the colorway of the 90 that they both wear so beautifully ;) Although I love the design, I couldn’t find a 90 in a colorway I liked. When this gavroche showed up on TRR I clicked to purchase so quickly my fingers almost left earth’s orbit. Shown with my rhubarb plant, which sorely needs to have its flower stalks r emoved!View attachment 5994752
Fabulous! You look adorable and I always love your garden mod shots @Teaforparrots.