Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Continued from here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...scarf-are-you-wearing-today.1057901/page-1414

THEME WEEKS for 2024 from TEAM SCARF MISTRESS

Just for fun, each Sunday begins a new Theme Week. This year, we continue to have a full compliment of SMs and GSMs on file for the year! Let me say we were completely humbled and astounded by the array of Guest Scarf Mistresses for this coming year. We have many regular hands coming back for 2024 and some new ones ready to make their mark as GSM on Scarf Of The Day! Returning or joining us for this year are @Agrume, @AnnaE , @FizzyWater , @HermesEchidna, @LKBNOLA , @Redbirdhermes, @Snausages and @violetkool. A heartfelt thanks from all of the regular Scarf Mistresses goes out to you for volunteering your time and enthusiasm for SOTD. The variety and individuality really keeps SOTD a welcoming and fun space.

Once again, our ever fabulous calendar mastermind @xincinsin, along with @Cookiefiend, @Living.la.vida.fifi, @Karenska and yours truly brainstormed to (hopefully) give a fun and variety filled Silky Calendar for 2024. Of course, there is always room for more! If you’d like to be a host, start a Conversation with one of us (@bunnycat, @Cookiefiend, @Karenska , @Living.la.vida.fifi , or @xincinsin ) by clicking the Inbox in the upper right corner. (I promise it is really fun and we're here to help you any time!)

For 2024, we've taken some requests and some favorites, and spun it is to what is hopefully a cohesive mix of things just for fun but also for learning, mixed with some current event topics scattered here and there.

Everyone on this thread is a Scarfie who loves learning about specific designers, discovering new scarf knots, examining scarf details more carefully, and seeing MORE SCARVES. Even if it's off-theme, your SOTD is always welcome. Be creative, have fun with the topics, and SHOW US YOUR SCARVES — talk about them and add links to more information. We’re all friends here (definitely no Scarf Police) – so smile at your selfie camera and come play with us!

THE SILKY CALENDER 2024:

JANUARY
07 Jan 2024 Lil Bit of Levity: Fun scarves to start the year on the right note
14 Jan 2024 STEM Scarves: Designs celebrating Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
21 Jan 2024 Double the Fun: Wear two scarves of any size (mixed formats welcome!), or a doubleface
28 Jan 2024 Leap of Faith: Scarves/knots/formats you took a chance on

FEBRUARY
04 Feb 2024 Pearl of the Orient: Designs inspired by China, Japan & Korea. Wear with pearls or other gems for extra points!
11 Feb 2024 Chocs & Roses: Yummy brown & romantic scarves for Valentine’s
18 Feb 2024 The ABCs of Hermes: Designers starting with A, B or C
25 Feb 2024 Armour and Scales: Find those Dragons & Rhinos, Fish and Dinos

MARCH
03 Mar 2024 Patchwork of Love: If you could combine designs, which designs would you choose?
10 Mar 2024 What if Bond Walked into H? Have fun imagining any fave fictional character’s scarf choice
17 Mar 2024 Spring is Here! Flowers and other signs of the world awakening
24 Mar 2024 Colours of Celebration: Wear your brightest scarves
31 Mar 2024 D is Da Bomb! Designers and scarves starting with D

APRIL
07 Apr 2024 Two of a Kind: Scarves with similar colour or theme
14 Apr 2024 Scarf Bingo: Can you fill every square?
21 Apr 2024 A Pretty Scarf is Like a Melody: Music-themes and scarves which remind you of songs or music
28 Apr 2024 Cinderella: Scarves you fell in love with much much later and why

MAY
05 May 2024 City of Romance: Scarves celebrating France
12 May 2024 Saddle Up! Bring on the horses, saddles and riding gear
19 May 2024 Hot Stuff: Get hip with Hugo & Henri & other H designers
26 May 2024 History in the Making: Scarves celebrating important events or periods

JUNE
02 Jun 2024: Lil Bit of Ingenuity: Your most versatile designs, scarf rings and knots
09 Jun 2024 I Spy With My Little Eye: All the things you can spot while travelling
16 Jun 2024 Tricking the Eye: Realistic depictions on scarves
23 Jun 2024 The Everything Scarf: Designs which fit oh-so-many themes!
30 Jun 2024 Scarfies Anonymous: Can you have too many? Show us your faves and tell us why you can never have too many (blue?) scarves

JULY
07 Jul 2024 The 3 Rs: Scarves with handwriting, numbers or unusual fonts
14 Jul 2024 Natty Nauticals: Scarves with sailors, boats & ships or worn with striped Tees, esp Scarves in red, white and blue
21 Jul 2024 Hikes & Bikes: Rituals and exercise for physical and mental wellbeing
28 Jul 2024 It’s a Small World after all! Small formats and scarves which celebrate diverse cultures

AUGUST
04 Aug 2024 The Impulse In Me: Snap-decision buys, esp at the airport H
11 Aug 2024 Lil Bit of Mystery: Intriguing details in scarves – what do they mean?
18 Aug 2024 The Joys of J: Designers and scarves starting with “J”
25 Aug 2024 On the Runway: Fashion on scarves, especially H fashion

SEPTEMBER
01 Sep 2024 Mind Map: Creative connections
08 Sep 2024 Green Canopy: A celebration of nature
15 Sep 2024 Originals & Re-issues: Which do you prefer and why
22 Sep 2024 My Precious: Wear a Scarf you treasure too much to use often
29 Sep 2024 Blue Suede Shoes: Wear a blue scarf with leather!

OCTOBER
06 Oct 2024 Ye Olde Scarf Drawer: Are you meticulous with a scarf tracking app, or laissez faire with your choice of the day? Show us how you pick your scarf this week.
13 Oct 2024 Light My Fire: Orange scarves, psychedelic designs and find the Doors!
20 Oct 2024 Partners in Pink: Best ways to wear a pink scarf
27 Oct 2024 Lil Bit of Creativity: Enact a story with scarves, extra points for a detective or mystery or scary story

NOVEMBER
03 Nov 2024 Time to Say Goodbye? Least favourite scarves, placeholders and those awaiting CCP/FEP upgrades
10 Nov 2024 Rubber Duckie: Toys, games, fowl and anything made from rubber!
17 Nov 2024 K is for Kermit, R is for Robert: Designers from K to R
24 Nov 2024 Warms the Heart: Comfort zone scarfs. Bonus points for stepping OUT of your comfort zone!

DECEMBER
01 Dec 2024 But it has a {fill in the blank} on it! Aka reasons for buying scarves
08 Dec 2024 TUVWXYZ: Designers from Toutsy to Zoe
15 Dec 2024 Let It Snow: Winter themes or pair your scarf with a holiday mock/cocktail!
22 Dec 2024 New Kids on the Block: New designers or those with less than 5 designs
29 Dec 2024 The Oscarfs 2024: Drumroll please! Your fave awards show!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Scarfies, This year has been like a roller coaster in a teenager’s first love drama series. It kicked off with a first purchase in May, reminding me of that awkward but unforgettable first kiss. Since then, my scarf collection has grown frenetically. I hope my love for scarves matures soon for the sake of my wallet 😆. Initially, I was quite apprehensive about venturing into the second-hand market. But now, like many of you, I find myself eagerly checking my saved searches daily, always on the lookout for that next unique find. Of all the special items I’ve brought home this year from the resale market, there are a few that stand out, capturing my heart more than the rest. These scarves, which I’m happy to share with you, are my personal Oscarf nominees for Best Sound. Each one, upon its debut around my neck, unleashed a series of magical ‘WOWs’ out of pure admiration and excitement 🥰

I'm missing some other special ones, but since I'm traveling, I'm sharing these from the archives.

Turandot
View attachment 5923605
Dans Un Jardín Anglais
View attachment 5923607
Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 5924317
Aux Portes du Palais
View attachment 5923475
Le Pégase d’Hermès
View attachment 5923476
Jardins d’Hiver
View attachment 5923479
Le Jardin de la Maharani
View attachment 5923478
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923477
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923606
Rocabar CSGM
View attachment 5923773
La Cita Cavaliere
View attachment 5923774
Jaguar Quetzal
View attachment 5924328
WOW. My vocabulary fails me at this point and I don’t know what else to say. You have a way with choosing, tying and pairing scarves that is astounding. Can’t wait to keep seeing more in 2024!
Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind comments! This thread is also going to be a lesson in advanced tpf-ing as I look back through for the instructions on how to multiquote reply. But it will be a happy search going back through the beautiful photos from the last few weeks.
Everyone has provided many helpful tips but I wanted to say don’t worry about multi-quotes - I’m ashamed to say that it took me two years to learn how to properly use the multi-quote so do what you feel comfortable doing as long as you have fun here! Looking forward to seeing more of you in 2024.
There have been so many amazing Oscarfs given out this week! For today’s round, I’m going to do a few misc categories. Admittedly taking a few ideas from @Nomad and @Lellabelle here. All archive pics because I’m sick today and too vain to take mod shots when I don’t feel fabulous.

First, an Oscarf for Not on My Radar but Couldn’t Pass Up. Minuit Au Faubourg as a design was something I wanted, but my grail is a blue and orange one that I think @Croisette7 has. However, one day in the boutique the pop of aqua on this caught my eye and when I tried it on, I was completely charmed. Another great 70! Love this size so much.
View attachment 5924911

Second Oscarf is for Luckiest Random Score, which goes to Le Premier Chant in the orange and teal. I’d had this in my list for awhile and was figuring I would acquire it from the after-market since it’s older, but it occurred to me to ask my SA if any were left in the U.S. Not only were there some left, but my boutique had one (and only one) of the design in stock and it happened to be this cw! So exciting.
View attachment 5924913

Third is for Most Unexpected Colorway That Still Works, and I award this to Epaulettes de Gala. I am verrra hesitant about yellows bc most don’t work with my skin tone but this one seems to just fall into the safe zone, and I love the textures in the design.
View attachment 5924914

And lastly an Oscarf for Most Satisfying End of Hunt, which goes to my Douze Leopards shawl. I don’t know if I’d describe this as a true grail - it is definitely the cw of this design I wanted the most and was entirely gone from all H websites that I scoured. But it was listed on multiple aftermarket sites readily, just usually at inflated prices and with some wear / imperfections. So I was very happy to eventually find one listed for the same as retail, and in new condition with tags.
View attachment 5924915

Thanks for letting me share! Much love to you all, again I’m so grateful for this cheerful and friendly forum.
Beautiful choices @Jereni. You’re so good at knowing what works for your colouring and gorgeous hair and the result of your scarf pairing with your clothes is a perfect result every time. Loving the Epaulettes de Gala.
2023 was the most stressful year in my many-year life. I became a caregiver and had zero time for myself. I could have used emotional eating to cope, but shockingly, pounds fell off me. Instead, I used “emotional scarfing” to deal with the stress. In 2023, I bought 15 scarves, purchasing most of them between August and November. Looking at scarves was pleasurable, could be done in bed, and required no energy. Who can look and not buy? Not me. BIN became my best friend. At the end of the year, I had lost 13 pounds and bought 15 scarves. 15 scarves seems like a ridiculous number, since I had my collection stabilized at about 45 scarves for the last 4 years. Still, I am much happier to have ended the year with 15 more scarves, rather than 15 more pounds.

As I share my purchases, I would like to mention those who enabled me. My definition of being enabled is (1) having my lust for a scarf stirred up by modeling shots when I had previously not been dying for said scarf; or (2) seeing a scarf, colorway, or format, that I was previously not aware of, which after seeing, I must have NOW. My definition of enabling is totally related to uncontrollable surges in lust. In some cases, SOTD merely informed my choices. In other cases, SOTD created those irresistible silk lust surges.

Here are my 2023 purchases with acknowledgement of the enablers.

View attachment 5924975View attachment 5924982

CSGMs
Sangles en Zig Zag.
Clair de Lune (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)
Sieste au Paradis (Had it stretched for wall hanging omitting border)

Mousseline
Point d’Orgue.

90s
Au Coeur de Vie. @HermesEchidna This is a bank shot of enablement since @ Cookiefiend enabled you.

Babobab Cat. The enablers are too numerous and spread over too many years to mention.

Chacun Fait Son Nid. @Redbirdhermes got me interested in this design with her pictures of the blue one. When I saw the red on ebay, my eyes shot out of their sockets. Had to have it NOW and it was definitely over-priced.

Brides de Gala en Finesse.

Vallee de crystal. (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)

Legend of the Kuna People of Panama. Owned this previously, sold it, and bought back. It was a mistake for me the first time and it was still a mistake the second time. I usually like to make new mistakes instead of making the same one over again.

Fleurs de Lotus. Not shown. Sold it.

Les Flots du Cheval

Bandana
Madras Ex Libris @Cookiefiend has been enabling me on this one for years. One finally came my way.

Belles du Mexique

La Voie Lactee. I seriously lusted for the stole after seeing @Living.la.vida.fifi 's stole, but settled for the consolation of a gav until my holiest of grails comes to me.

My category for the Best Enablers includes @HermesEchidna @Redbirdhermes @Cookiefiend @Living.la.vida.fifi They make me hit BIN. The winner is Cookie for her years of enablement on Madras Ex Libris and her bank shot of enablement on Au Coeur de Vie. Fifi gets honorable mention for introducing me to my holiest of grails and launching what I expect to be a multi year seach.

When I started following SOTD again, I told myself I was here to improve my tying and styling skills. @LKBNOLA and @Marta_K have been Most Inspirational to me with their beautiful blouses and ties. I declare this category to be a tie (pun intended).

Category of Most Effortlessly Beautiful Selfies. @SilkCouture @Ashanti_Rose @Jereni @violetkool @GloWW0rM I am envious of each of you for your beautiful smiles and your comfort with the camera. I absolutely hate taking selfies and wish I had your magic. No winner can be picked because you are each incomparable.

Thank you to all who participate for your wonderful contributions.
I’m sorry to hear that 2023 was a difficult year and glad that you’ve found such a magical escape. You’ve picked up some beauties on your quests. I hope that 2024 is a better year for you and your loved ones. Thank you for the lovely mention! I didn’t start off being comfortable taking selfies with the scarves, but it’s a self- acceptance as we are our own worst critics!
Another post as running out of time. I just finally cleaned and ironed so wanted to wear it for my post
:love:

Also an “ award for a dupe” and “my grailiest of grails toppest of tops lists of Oscarfs”
Anglais! 🥁
It is a dupe because I have two haha.
Story/ I said to myself..I am sick of losing out on cheaper than csgm chances to faster fingers. I am tired of waiting to even see if it’s “all that”. I just want to know if it’s “love” or not. So I bought it for a ridiculous price. I just HAD TO KNOW finally haha. Then weeks later I actually had the faster fingers in the west and got one for way under CuRrEnT retail. I haven’t figured out if I will keep as a back up or sell. I also want the red based one
:shrugs:
And to conclude …it was ALL THAT
:drool:

View attachment 5924986
*Gasp* I’ll have it, please! I kid. So happy you’ve found one (or two). It’s incredible on you. I vote for selling the back-up and find DUJA in a second cw. Once you love it, it’s hard not to want to collect them all.
And here is a roundup for my Oscarfs 2023:
View attachment 5925084

In 2023 I got 4 Carrés - Carnaval des Animaux, cosmpgraphia universalis, Les legendes de l‘arbe and Au Coeur de la vie (the last one was a very late entry and I haven’t yet had time to wear it)
1 moussie gavroche: also nominated for best deal of the year
And 1 CSGM Jardin de la Maharani.

I am very happy with my small collection so far since it allows me a good range of choices and complements my wardrobe. Very excited about what 2024 will bring.
Stunning!
Thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for this always amazing and wonderful week at the end of the year. Who doesn't love awards ceremonies? And the "Orange" Carpet? Most especially great when the Mistress of Ceremonies deserves an Oscarf of her own for Best Hosting and Best Collection and Best Mod Shots! And Oscarfs to everyone here who shared with so much generosity and humor and fun. The very best categories! With the very best examples! A huge end-of-the-scarf-year hat tip to all of Scarflandia for an Outstanding Show.
I am ending my Oscarfs with awards for the Autumn Winter 2023 Scarf Season. Of course I can't really even pick nominees because I am still getting to know these scarves, but I am going out on a limb and say, with complete confidence, that these would be my winners no matter what. Not least because I have already bought more than one of each design
:eek:

Best Performing Artist in the 90 Silk Twill category for AW2023 goes to: Brandebourg Fleuris (04)
View attachment 5925017
View attachment 5925023
Best Performing Artist CSGM: Le Jaguar et Le Colibri
View attachment 5925022
And the saffron Jaguar's blue sister shares the Oscarf and is my SOTD as well!
View attachment 5925110
Peering between my fingers because you’re making it so hard to resist this Brandeboug Fleuris double face! Le Jaguar et Le Colibri are perfection.
For the last day of Oscarf week, like others have done, I want to give out Oscarfs to lovely members of Scarflandia who have helped and inspired me in my journey last year!!!

First Inspiration Oscarf goes to the amazing @LKBNOLA, which is probably a surprise to no one. Where would we be without her???? My own Ye Most Magical Scarf Cabinet would have fewer residents that’s for sure. LKB inspired me this year on Animapolis, Costume de Fete, Hermes Factory (all of which are in my favorites list), my Lanternes 90, my Parade en Fanfare gavroche, and many many others. And she has been so kind to chat with me many times on the side and give advice. Thank you LKB!!!
View attachment 5925142

Second Oscarf for Inspiration goes to @Nomad. Nomad’s photo of Cosmographia instantly clued me as to the fact that it would be the right cw for me, whereas previously I had not considered it, and her amazing pink/orange Animapolis left me with heart eyes. Also a great source of advice on the side and willingness to help making hard choices. Nomad you are the best!
View attachment 5925143

Third Oscarf goes to @Marta_K who in a single post ensured that I went out and pulled the trigger on both En Liberte and L’Epopee. Her stylings and mod shots in general are also always so masterfully done. Amazing stuff Marta!
View attachment 5925144

Fourth inspirational Oscarf is for @EtsyBoss who helped complete my life earlier this year by pointing out the Canada Lynx on Alice Shirley’s Into the Canadian Wild. And her beautiful shot of the red Dans in Jardin Anglais also convinced me to pull the trigger on that and man is it ever gorgeous. Thank you EtsyBoss!
View attachment 5925145

I also want to thank @redheaddem @Living.la.vida.fifi @SilkCouture @GloWW0rM @Cookiefiend @Lellabelle @Ashanti_Rose @Cordeliere who have all shared amazing inspirational mod shots, provided me advice at various points, or occasionally given me a heads up on a scarf of interest - thank you!!!! You are all rockstars!
Aw, thank you and likewise you rock too! I can’t stop looking at your DUJA with that outfit. Can you wear the same outfit every day?! Haha.
Many thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi, our scarf hostess for the week. My final Oscarf for 2023 goes to a long wished for scarf that entered the collection at the very end of 2023, and is therefore making its debut appearance today.

Some designs receive special notice from Hermès and are widely promoted in their advertising. Such is the case with today's scarf which, among other things, graced the cover of the Le Carre booklet for the Hermès Fall Winter 2015 collection.

View attachment 5925229

I had picked up a Sieste au Paradis in the silk 140 format during 2022, and found it to be stunningly beautiful. It had taken me a while, but when I put it on, then I truly fell for this design.

View attachment 5925232

But, I wear the 90 so much more often. So I was delighted to find a 90 in CW14, bleu/vert/corail, the "Cover Scarf" of F/W 2015. This colorway was so familiar to me, and I think it is quite special.

View attachment 5925231

My final Oscarf of 2023 goes to Sieste au Paradis, my scarf of the day, and the well-deserved Oscarf "Cover Scarf" winner.

View attachment 5925230
@Redbirdhermes the colours on that Sieste CSGM are jaw dropping and suit you so well. I hope that you have a few more opportunities to wear this CSGM. It lights you up.
I hate taking selfies, but decided I should suck it up and do it to show my 3 favorite purchases of 2023. The Over Performers. They were purchased with low expectations and have rewarded me with delight.

Brides de Gala en Finesse

View attachment 5925486View attachment 5925487

To me, the basic Brides de Gala pattern always looked like two aqualung scuba divers. Not attractive IMHO. The Finesse swirls made me oblivious to the aqualung men. This scarf is so easy to wear. No matter how it is ties, the swirls show and are soothing. The design goes to the edge (big plus in my book). This scarf is like wearing pajamas.

Chacun Fait Son Nid

View attachment 5925488View attachment 5925490

This scarf is a riot of color, and all the corners are different. The name translates to Everyone Makes Their Nest. The pattern is a bird’s nest with eggs in it. The nest concept resonates with me, because who doesn’t want to decorate their home in a way that makes them feel happy and cozy. Chacun Fait Son Nid is just a fun scarf. It is sort of like having a Cinco de Mayo party around your neck with a nice hidden meaning.

Baobab Cat

View attachment 5925491View attachment 5925492

(see that tag? that is one of the many reasons I hate selfies. sigh. And why does Hermes ALWAYS put the tag on the corner I want to put in front??? )

When this scarf was issued in 2018, I thought it was absolutely the most stupid design ever: a leopard in a flower. When is a flower big enough for a leopard to stick its head through? Do leopards hang out in flowers??? In email exchanges with my scarf friends, I would snicker and bash this scarf. They would always say “well it ties well.” The leopard bothered me as I prefer abstract designs rather than designs that are representational. This design was a no go.

After about 2-3 years I could see that Baobab Cat DOES TIE REALLY WELL. Then I went through a couple of years of ambivalence about the spines on the flower leaves. Looking at them made me cringe. I mentally wrote this design off, but I couldn’t forget it. An unworn one with colorway tags still attached was available at Real Real for 50% off. I bought it so I could get it out of my head, being ok with the possibility it would get rehomed.

Much to my surprise, I am delighted with it. When tied, it goes from representational to abstract. The blue black flower is gorgeous, but is not obviously a flower. The leopard disappears into the center and just becomes a splash of leopard pattern and not a real leopard. Spines. What spines? The design strikes me as edgy and sexy. It ties well…..

Over a 5 year period, Baobab Cat went from being hated and derided, to my favorite scarf purchase of 2023. It reminds me of the lyrics of a 1913 Al Jolson song “You made me love you but I didn’t want to do it”. This design just wore me down until I purchased it and loved it. Baobab Cat is the winner of the category of Over Performers.
Amazing mod shots after all
;)
It may sound silly but I got goosebumps looking at your scarves. The colours, the designs - what incredible gems. The Brides de Gala en Finesse is drool-worthy. The purple, the swirls…
:drool:

Happy Saturday, everyone!
The rest of my acquisitions this year are these two Giant Triangles and four Mousselines… I love them all so much that I can’t think of an Oscarf category for these beauties…

Quadrige Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925475

L’Art du Sarasa Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925476

Carre Kantha mousseline
View attachment 5925479

La Naissance d’un Ideé mousseline
View attachment 5925477

Beverly Hills mousseline
View attachment 5925478

And, my last silk purchase of 2023:
Ceintures et Liens mousseline
View attachment 5925480

Yesterday I was not able to post here as I was hosting a Scottish High Tea at home to celebrate the Twelfth Day of Christmas and the Feast of the Epiphany… I did not wear a scarf for the occasion
View attachment 5925481
View attachment 5925482View attachment 5925483
View attachment 5925484

I saved my Oscarf for this last day of the last theme of our SOTD calendar, and it goes to each and everyone in this wonderful community. Firstly, my gratitude and admiration to all of the fantastic Scarf Mistresses that work with such dedication and creativity to guide us through each week of the year. Also, kudos to our Guest Scarf Mistresses who bring all of their knowledge and talents to this forum. And, last but not least, to all of the dear Scarfies here who fill this space with your enthusiasm, positive energy and beautiful silks. You all make this space the kindest, brightest and most enjoyable to visit every day…
Wishing all a fantastic 2024 on SOTD, and may all our Grails come true!
The diversity of your collection is inspirational, and your table setting is breathtaking! Thank you for sharing so generously here. I look forward to your posts.
Hello Scarflandia
I was out running errands all day, and then visiting family. I am delighted to see how many additional pages were added since yesterday. It will make delicious breakfast reading tomorrow morning, I'm sure. Especially since I suspect I was not the only one to leave the best for last
:smile:

For now, at the eleventh hour (literally), here is my quick and last of this week's contributions.
I am still on the hunt for my oldest and holiest of all grails, that is Under the waves by Alice Shirley 90 carre in CW 12 (vert, corail, aqua). However, this year I managed to get this amazing design in another CW. And so, my 2023 Oscarf for Second Best CW of Grail design goes to: Under the waves in CW 15. Hermès named the colours aqua /rose pale / turquoise. Well, I tend to think of them as "strawberry and vanilla ice cream". They usually look subdued and pale on www sites. IRL they are subtle summery delight
:smile:

View attachment 5925508
View attachment 5925509
View attachment 5925510
View attachment 5925511
View attachment 5925518
And now, the New Year's resolution is to actually start wearing my treasures
;)

"See" you tomorrow, everyone
:wave:
Aaaaaah! So beautiful
:eek:
Looking forward to seeing you wear all your incredible scarves!

Continued from here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...scarf-are-you-wearing-today.1057901/page-1414

THEME WEEKS for 2024 from TEAM SCARF MISTRESS

Just for fun, each Sunday begins a new Theme Week. This year, we continue to have a full compliment of SMs and GSMs on file for the year! Let me say we were completely humbled and astounded by the array of Guest Scarf Mistresses for this coming year. We have many regular hands coming back for 2024 and some new ones ready to make their mark as GSM on Scarf Of The Day! Returning or joining us for this year are @Agrume, @AnnaE , @FizzyWater , @HermesEchidna, @LKBNOLA , @Redbirdhermes, @Snausages and @violetkool. A heartfelt thanks from all of the regular Scarf Mistresses goes out to you for volunteering your time and enthusiasm for SOTD. The variety and individuality really keeps SOTD a welcoming and fun space.

Once again, our ever fabulous calendar mastermind @xincinsin, along with @Cookiefiend, @Living.la.vida.fifi, @Karenska and yours truly brainstormed to (hopefully) give a fun and variety filled Silky Calendar for 2024. Of course, there is always room for more! If you’d like to be a host, start a Conversation with one of us (@bunnycat, @Cookiefiend, @Karenska , @Living.la.vida.fifi , or @xincinsin ) by clicking the Inbox in the upper right corner. (I promise it is really fun and we're here to help you any time!)

For 2024, we've taken some requests and some favorites, and spun it is to what is hopefully a cohesive mix of things just for fun but also for learning, mixed with some current event topics scattered here and there.

Everyone on this thread is a Scarfie who loves learning about specific designers, discovering new scarf knots, examining scarf details more carefully, and seeing MORE SCARVES. Even if it's off-theme, your SOTD is always welcome. Be creative, have fun with the topics, and SHOW US YOUR SCARVES — talk about them and add links to more information. We’re all friends here (definitely no Scarf Police) – so smile at your selfie camera and come play with us!

THE SILKY CALENDER 2024:

JANUARY
07 Jan 2024 Lil Bit of Levity: Fun scarves to start the year on the right note
14 Jan 2024 STEM Scarves: Designs celebrating Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
21 Jan 2024 Double the Fun: Wear two scarves of any size (mixed formats welcome!), or a doubleface
28 Jan 2024 Leap of Faith: Scarves/knots/formats you took a chance on

FEBRUARY
04 Feb 2024 Pearl of the Orient: Designs inspired by China, Japan & Korea. Wear with pearls or other gems for extra points!
11 Feb 2024 Chocs & Roses: Yummy brown & romantic scarves for Valentine’s
18 Feb 2024 The ABCs of Hermes: Designers starting with A, B or C
25 Feb 2024 Armour and Scales: Find those Dragons & Rhinos, Fish and Dinos

MARCH
03 Mar 2024 Patchwork of Love: If you could combine designs, which designs would you choose?
10 Mar 2024 What if Bond Walked into H? Have fun imagining any fave fictional character’s scarf choice
17 Mar 2024 Spring is Here! Flowers and other signs of the world awakening
24 Mar 2024 Colours of Celebration: Wear your brightest scarves
31 Mar 2024 D is Da Bomb! Designers and scarves starting with D

APRIL
07 Apr 2024 Two of a Kind: Scarves with similar colour or theme
14 Apr 2024 Scarf Bingo: Can you fill every square?
21 Apr 2024 A Pretty Scarf is Like a Melody: Music-themes and scarves which remind you of songs or music
28 Apr 2024 Cinderella: Scarves you fell in love with much much later and why

MAY
05 May 2024 City of Romance: Scarves celebrating France
12 May 2024 Saddle Up! Bring on the horses, saddles and riding gear
19 May 2024 Hot Stuff: Get hip with Hugo & Henri & other H designers
26 May 2024 History in the Making: Scarves celebrating important events or periods

JUNE
02 Jun 2024: Lil Bit of Ingenuity: Your most versatile designs, scarf rings and knots
09 Jun 2024 I Spy With My Little Eye: All the things you can spot while travelling
16 Jun 2024 Tricking the Eye: Realistic depictions on scarves
23 Jun 2024 The Everything Scarf: Designs which fit oh-so-many themes!
30 Jun 2024 Scarfies Anonymous: Can you have too many? Show us your faves and tell us why you can never have too many (blue?) scarves

JULY
07 Jul 2024 The 3 Rs: Scarves with handwriting, numbers or unusual fonts
14 Jul 2024 Natty Nauticals: Scarves with sailors, boats & ships or worn with striped Tees, esp Scarves in red, white and blue
21 Jul 2024 Hikes & Bikes: Rituals and exercise for physical and mental wellbeing
28 Jul 2024 It’s a Small World after all! Small formats and scarves which celebrate diverse cultures

AUGUST
04 Aug 2024 The Impulse In Me: Snap-decision buys, esp at the airport H
11 Aug 2024 Lil Bit of Mystery: Intriguing details in scarves – what do they mean?
18 Aug 2024 The Joys of J: Designers and scarves starting with “J”
25 Aug 2024 On the Runway: Fashion on scarves, especially H fashion

SEPTEMBER
01 Sep 2024 Mind Map: Creative connections
08 Sep 2024 Green Canopy: A celebration of nature
15 Sep 2024 Originals & Re-issues: Which do you prefer and why
22 Sep 2024 My Precious: Wear a Scarf you treasure too much to use often
29 Sep 2024 Blue Suede Shoes: Wear a blue scarf with leather!

OCTOBER
06 Oct 2024 Ye Olde Scarf Drawer: Are you meticulous with a scarf tracking app, or laissez faire with your choice of the day? Show us how you pick your scarf this week.
13 Oct 2024 Light My Fire: Orange scarves, psychedelic designs and find the Doors!
20 Oct 2024 Partners in Pink: Best ways to wear a pink scarf
27 Oct 2024 Lil Bit of Creativity: Enact a story with scarves, extra points for a detective or mystery or scary story

NOVEMBER
03 Nov 2024 Time to Say Goodbye? Least favourite scarves, placeholders and those awaiting CCP/FEP upgrades
10 Nov 2024 Rubber Duckie: Toys, games, fowl and anything made from rubber!
17 Nov 2024 K is for Kermit, R is for Robert: Designers from K to R
24 Nov 2024 Warms the Heart: Comfort zone scarfs. Bonus points for stepping OUT of your comfort zone!

DECEMBER
01 Dec 2024 But it has a {fill in the blank} on it! Aka reasons for buying scarves
08 Dec 2024 TUVWXYZ: Designers from Toutsy to Zoe
15 Dec 2024 Let It Snow: Winter themes or pair your scarf with a holiday mock/cocktail!
22 Dec 2024 New Kids on the Block: New designers or those with less than 5 designs
29 Dec 2024 The Oscarfs 2024: Drumroll please! Your fave awards show!
Love this! Would it be possible to post this calendar at the top of the page? Thanks!

Good Morning Scarflandia and welcome to the 2024 edition of Scarf of The Day!

Thank you all for an amazing SOTD 2023! The Oscarfs Week did not disappoint! I loved seeing everyone's categories and choices, even if I didn't get to drop by much. Thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for hosting a spectacular week!

This year's changeover was the weirdest timing ever because January 1st was on Monday, so we went a whole week technically connected to last year because of the way the year ended, but actually in 2024. I hope that is not an inauspicious start for my year....:lol: (Really...)

But, it all turned out for the best, as our brilliant @xincinsin has given me a favorite concept week gloried up with a theme name. Yes, this week is a "no theme" theme week in disguise! What I like to call a "Chaos Week" where literally anything goes and you can't go wrong with anything you wear. :lol: The way I figure this is, generally we aren't wearing our scarves to be depressed, or overly stern, so literally anything you put on this week will fit our theme of levity. I know I like to lift my mood and my look with a scarf. So whether it is color that gives your scarf levity, or subject matter, a fond memory a particular scarf invokes, or just the fact your are *wearing* a scarf, let's bring on the levity for the New Year.

=>>07 Jan 2024 Lil Bit of Levity: Fun scarves to start the year on the right note.<<=

I'll start off with my Marble Bandana this week. The bright, happy colors of this bandana can't help but bring a smile to the face.

colorlevity.jpg

And double bonus points on this Flamingo Party pareo. It has a rainbow of bright and happy colors, plus who wouldn't have fun with a couple of Partying Flamingos in love?

FPlevity.jpg

As always- Jungle Love....Leopards in love...instant levity (and so sweet...).

JLlevity.jpg

Here's a little Pickles levity for you to start the week. He wants to go outside.

picklevity.jpg

But I just want to take pictures of his enormous whiskers! :roflmfao:

picllevity2.jpg

Take it away with 2024 scarf fans!

Last edited:
Great acquisitions, Bunny, that marble cashmere losange is amazing!

Thank you Karenska!

Happy Saturday, everyone!
The rest of my acquisitions this year are these two Giant Triangles and four Mousselines… I love them all so much that I can’t think of an Oscarf category for these beauties…

Quadrige Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925475

L’Art du Sarasa Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925476

Carre Kantha mousseline
View attachment 5925479

La Naissance d’un Ideé mousseline
View attachment 5925477

Beverly Hills mousseline
View attachment 5925478

And, my last silk purchase of 2023:
Ceintures et Liens mousseline
View attachment 5925480

Yesterday I was not able to post here as I was hosting a Scottish High Tea at home to celebrate the Twelfth Day of Christmas and the Feast of the Epiphany… I did not wear a scarf for the occasion
View attachment 5925481
View attachment 5925482View attachment 5925483
View attachment 5925484

I saved my Oscarf for this last day of the last theme of our SOTD calendar, and it goes to each and everyone in this wonderful community. Firstly, my gratitude and admiration to all of the fantastic Scarf Mistresses that work with such dedication and creativity to guide us through each week of the year. Also, kudos to our Guest Scarf Mistresses who bring all of their knowledge and talents to this forum. And, last but not least, to all of the dear Scarfies here who fill this space with your enthusiasm, positive energy and beautiful silks. You all make this space the kindest, brightest and most enjoyable to visit every day…
Wishing all a fantastic 2024 on SOTD, and may all our Grails come true!

What a fantastic ending to last year's thread fifi!

Good idea @JavaJo! Maybe there would be a way to do a month at a time? So we can see the current month themes? Maybe @bunnycat or @papertiger or another tech-savvy scarfie know how to do those top of thread lists...

Themes would always be on p.1 as in previous years, but it's a great idea, it's always been a pain to have to scroll back to the first page if you miss the first post of the theme on a Sunday. I've pinned the post so it'll appear on top of every page, I'lll minimise the text pts so it doesn't take over every page.

From now on, stick to the topic. If anyone has any suggestions about this thread (or others) please send me a DM.

Good Morning Scarflandia and welcome to the 2024 edition of Scarf of The Day!

Thank you all for an amazing SOTD 2023! The Oscarfs Week did not disappoint! I loved seeing everyone's categories and choices, even if I didn't get to drop by much. Thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for hosting a spectacular week!

This year's changeover was the weirdest timing ever because January 1st was on Monday, so we went a whole week technically connected to last year because of the way the year ended, but actually in 2024. I hope that is not an inauspicious start for my year....:lol: (Really...)

But, it all turned out for the best, as our brilliant @xincinsin has given me a favorite concept week gloried up with a theme name. Yes, this week is a "no theme" theme week in disguise! What I like to call a "Chaos Week" where literally anything goes and you can't go wrong with anything you wear. :lol: The way I figure this is, generally we aren't wearing our scarves to be depressed, or overly stern, so literally anything you put on this week will fit our theme of levity. I know I like to lift my mood and my look with a scarf. So whether it is color that gives your scarf levity, or subject matter, or a fond memory it invokes, let's bring on the levity for the New Year.

=>>07 Jan 2024 Lil Bit of Levity: Fun scarves to start the year on the right note.<<=

I'll start off with my Marble Bandana this week. The bright, happy colors of this bandana can't help but bring a smile to the face.

View attachment 5925743

And double bonus points on this Flamingo Party pareo. It has a rainbow of bright and happy colors, plus who wouldn't have fun with a couple of Partying Flamingos in love?

View attachment 5925742

As always- Jungle Love....Leopards in love...instant levity (and so sweet...).

View attachment 5925741

Here's a little Pickle levity for you to start the week. He wants to go outside.

View attachment 5925740

But I just want to take pictures of his enormous whiskers! :roflmfao:

View attachment 5925739

Take it away with 2024 scarf fans!
Great start to the new thread, Bunny, and please thank Pickles for dropping in and gracing us with his purrfect presence. What a darling, handsome boy. Your offerings are lovely, I am quite in love with your JL CSGM - such an elegant cw.
Well, what could lift a mood or start a day better than this bright and happy cw of On A Summer’s Day (and keep ya warm and cozy, too!)?
1704633912252.jpeg

Great start to the new thread, Bunny, and please thank Pickles for dropping in and gracing us with his purrfect presence. What a darling, handsome boy. Your offerings are lovely, I am quite in love with your JL CSGM - such an elegant cw.
Well, what could lift a mood or start a day better than this bright and happy cw of On A Summer’s Day (and keep ya warm and cozy, too!)?
View attachment 5925752

Indeed dear Karenska! It's a beauty!!! Love that happy, pink hem too.... :love: (And thank you!)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Karenska