Saddle bag - trendy Or Classic !?

I'm contemplating buying the saddle in black. I was originally thinking of Saint Laurent sunset bag in black with black hardware but I already have the silver hardware. Is this a good/better purchase?

I'm contemplating buying the saddle in black. I was originally thinking of Saint Laurent sunset bag in black with black hardware but I already have the silver hardware. Is this a good/better purchase?
It depends. I find Dior craftsmanship and leather to be better than Saint Laurent. That being said, you may be able to get certain styles of the Sunset for a lot less from the Saint Laurent outlet. If you can find a brand new Sunset for a much lower price from their outlet, then I suggest that instead.

It depends. I find Dior craftsmanship and leather to be better than Saint Laurent. That being said, you may be able to get certain styles of the Sunset for a lot less from the Saint Laurent outlet. If you can find a brand new Sunset for a much lower price from their outlet, then I suggest that instead.
I don't have any SL outlet near me. Also, I have several SL bags already - one's a black with silver hardware sunset but with leather strap (from 2017). I was thinking of getting the black sunset with black hardware.

I was originally thinking of maybe the Celine classique triomphe instead of the SL black hardware sunset but the Dior saddle caught my eyes!

I have a Saddle in white and love the design, but it’s a very heavy bag… I found myself not wanting to grab it lately due to its weight. It’s a beautiful bag that goes great with almost any outfit, so if weight is not an issue I’d recommend you to get it. BUT if you don’t love heavy bags, don’t get it, you’ll not want to wear it.

Reactions: CoCoBelle
I just bought the medium latte last month and love it. It’s currently my favourite bag. And yes, it comes with a strap now. The mini cute but it don’t think it’s functional as it doesn’t fit much.
How has it held up over time? I'm in love with the latte color too and am deciding between this and the Saint Laurent black croc Sunset or Sunset Wallet, which seems like a safer choice for longevity. I kind of am leaning towards the Saddle bag because I really want a white bag, but worry about it getting dirty or damaged more easily.

Reactions: CoCoBelle
Hi All,

I am a Dior fan and adding more Dior bags/RTW to my collection now.
Just wanted your opinion on Saddle bag ! I never liked it in the start but it has grown on me.. what are your thoughts on the relevance of Saddle bag now!?

Do you think it is trendy bag and the hype is over or is it a classic bag here to stay?
Appreciate your help!
Classic