Saddle bag - trendy Or Classic !?

I just bought Lady Dior ABCDior and i love it (i already have it in black) was thinking of adding something other than lady dior - from your reviews i see Caro is a good option ❤Thanks Tracey
Of course! I think Caro is a super functional versatile bag. And might be a good option also. The cannage I think is timeless, and a max iPhone fits in the back pocket of all 3 sizes (one thing I didn't like about the saddle, even the larger size). Good luck whatever route you take & honestly you can't really go wrong with Dior. As long as you love it and use it, who cares about anything else ;)

Of course! I think Caro is a super functional versatile bag. And might be a good option also. The cannage I think is timeless, and a max iPhone fits in the back pocket of all 3 sizes (one thing I didn't like about the saddle, even the larger size). Good luck whatever route you take & honestly you can't really go wrong with Dior. As long as you love it and use it, who cares about anything else ;)
Absolutely true ! Thanks so much @TraceySH ❤️

Thanks so much all for helping and i have parked the idea of buying a saddle bag !

I just bought Lady Dior ABCDior and i love it (i already have it in black) was thinking of adding something other than lady dior - from your reviews i see Caro is a good option ❤Thanks Tracey

Congrats…. good choice! I know you already got your bag, but yeah I think the saddle is trendy especially the last few years but yet iconic due to its shape and since it was brought back/reissued. I do have one saddle bag which I bought this year, but yeah toyed with the idea of adding another but ultimately decided one is just enough. It definitely is awkward and doesn’t fit that much, and I actually grew into liking the shape which bugged me for a bit. My next Dior bag would be a second lady or a caro which I think has all the timeless classic elements of Dior.

As much as I love the Saddle, I do think it's Trendy. Other than the ones in MINT condition, I feel like the vintage ones are not nearly as expensive as they were during the initial re-launch (my most recent vintage ones for $1250 CAD on a marketplace site, with dustbag, no care card, and in 8/10 condition) and have seen them go for cheaper on Poshmark.

I think if I were hesitant, I might go for a Saddle Card Case, or the Belt Pouch new (I made this choice, and bought it a bit on impulse last week - fits my iPhone 12 Mini with no pop socket, cloth mask, Monogramme Card Case, vintage Saddle Coin/McDonalds Monopoly pieces pouch - that's enough for me) and then spend on something else more classic (like a Caro). But I like kitsch and am a relatively bland dresser (lots of black, camel, monochrome) so a tacky, extra, embroidered AF purse is more my style.

Congrats…. good choice! I know you already got your bag, but yeah I think the saddle is trendy especially the last few years but yet iconic due to its shape and since it was brought back/reissued. I do have one saddle bag which I bought this year, but yeah toyed with the idea of adding another but ultimately decided one is just enough. It definitely is awkward and doesn’t fit that much, and I actually grew into liking the shape which bugged me for a bit. My next Dior bag would be a second lady or a caro which I think has all the timeless classic elements of Dior.
As much as I love the Saddle, I do think it's Trendy. Other than the ones in MINT condition, I feel like the vintage ones are not nearly as expensive as they were during the initial re-launch (my most recent vintage ones for $1250 CAD on a marketplace site, with dustbag, no care card, and in 8/10 condition) and have seen them go for cheaper on Poshmark.

I think if I were hesitant, I might go for a Saddle Card Case, or the Belt Pouch new (I made this choice, and bought it a bit on impulse last week - fits my iPhone 12 Mini with no pop socket, cloth mask, Monogramme Card Case, vintage Saddle Coin/McDonalds Monopoly pieces pouch - that's enough for me) and then spend on something else more classic (like a Caro). But I like kitsch and am a relatively bland dresser (lots of black, camel, monochrome) so a tacky, extra, embroidered AF purse is more my style.

Do you guys really think the Caro will stick around longer than the Saddle? I am currently deciding between the two and thought it would be the other way around :blush::panic:

Do you guys really think the Caro will stick around longer than the Saddle? I am currently deciding between the two and thought it would be the other way around :blush::panic:
I think, true to Dior, Caro won't be around forever. Like the Diorama. BUT with the cannage quilting, it will always LOOK like classic dior (like the Miss Dior from many years back). The saddle will be around forever, but just come in and out...one is iconic b/c of the quilting, the other b/c of the silhouette. Both VERY Dior.

I think, true to Dior, Caro won't be around forever. Like the Diorama. BUT with the cannage quilting, it will always LOOK like classic dior (like the Miss Dior from many years back). The saddle will be around forever, but just come in and out...one is iconic b/c of the quilting, the other b/c of the silhouette. Both VERY Dior.

Thank you so much for your reply Tracey! Totally makes sense:girlsigh::tup: I then need both the Saddle and the Caro, I think :loveeyes:;)

Reactions: CrazyCool01