Saddle bag - trendy Or Classic !?

I definitely feel that the saddle is iconic, along with LD. It's a bag that you either love love or not so much. But definitely catches my eye each time I see someone carrying it. It's a bag that carries an air of unique and cool, compared to all the more functional ones. P.S. I love all the styles btw, but LD>Saddle>Caro are my faves.

I definitely feel that the saddle is iconic, along with LD. It's a bag that you either love love or not so much. But definitely catches my eye each time I see someone carrying it. It's a bag that carries an air of unique and cool, compared to all the more functional ones. P.S. I love all the styles btw, but LD>Saddle>Caro are my faves.
I agree, I get so many compliments on my saddles more than my LD. It’s eye catching and stands out amongst all the boxy bags. It gives a bland outfit a little extra when needed. I’m a horse lover & Sagittarius so the saddle bag is more personal to me. I will be carrying them for years to come, it doesn’t matter if it’s deemed IN or OUT. Moral: Buy & carry what makes you happy! :heart::yahoo:

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!! It’s been very useful to read this forum as I’m thinking of getting a Saddle bag. I never was a fan, but for some reason I really really like it now. For a few years already I’ve been trying to find a perfect cream or light beige bag for spring/summer and wasn’t able to decide on anything, tried the BV mini pouch, Balenciaga city, Chanel mini, YSL Lou, but none of these made me feel like yes, that’s the perfect beige bag for me. I ended up keeping LV pochette accessories in DA as a temporary light colored option last spring, but I still want a “true bag” that I’d enjoy for many years. I hate buying bags that I don’t use much, I’ve had a few bad purchases lately - Chloe Tess in snake print, LV noe, Burberry Olimpya… :facepalm:
Now I feel like Saddle in latte color would be perfect and it’d go with all spring/summer outfits, but I’m a little scared what if it’s just a temporary affection and it’ll end up sitting in my closet 90% of the time :lol:
Looking at all the bags I’ve purchased it seems like I don’t have any regrets about Chanel mini, Chanel 255 and Diorama WOC. These are all very classic, so I’m thinking I must stick to classics. At the same time I don’t want to keep buying Chanel in different colors, I do want something more modern and interesting, but definitely not too trendy that’d look outdated preferably ever. Would really appreciate your opinions on whether I should get the Saddle bag. Thank you all!

I just got the latte saddle bag yesterday it’s worth it
Congratulations with your purchase!! If you don't mind, it'd be amazing to see some modeling pics.
BTW I just checked the website and Latte is sold out :hrmm: I wonder if they're going to restock or should I be quickly getting it from a boutique wherever I can still find it...

Reactions: CoCoBelle
Congratulations with your purchase!! If you don't mind, it'd be amazing to see some modeling pics.
BTW I just checked the website and Latte is sold out :hrmm: I wonder if they're going to restock or should I be quickly getting it from a boutique wherever I can still find it...
I just checked the US site and it’s in stock, not sure where you’re located, but the bag is gorgeous! I don’t think you will have any regrets.

Reactions: Maria333
I just checked the US site and it’s in stock, not sure where you’re located, but the bag is gorgeous! I don’t think you will have any regrets.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm in the US and it was not available online when I checked a few days ago.
There more I'm thinking about it the more it seems like Saddle would be the perfect light colored bag for me :biggrin: I'll challenge myself to wait until end of February before ordering to make sure it's not an impulse purchase...

There more I'm thinking about it the more it seems like Saddle would be the perfect light colored bag for me :biggrin: I'll challenge myself to wait until end of February before ordering to make sure it's not an impulse purchase...

I got the beige last year right after last year’s price increase. Like you, I didn’t like it at first due to the shape but it actually grew on me. I was choosing between the latte, beige, and blush… was a difficult decision. Although the bag was reintroduced in 2018 and thus trendy, I still see it as an iconic uniquely classic Dior bag. I think there is a price increase this month (from what I am hearing here January 18). My friend and I went into the boutique the other day and price increase was confirmed although the exact date not. The SA just said soon. My friend was able to order and purchase a not in stock bag, and lock in the pre-increase price.

I got the beige last year right after last year’s price increase. Like you, I didn’t like it at first due to the shape but it actually grew on me. I was choosing between the latte, beige, and blush… was a difficult decision. Although the bag was reintroduced in 2018 and thus trendy, I still see it as an iconic uniquely classic Dior bag. I think there is a price increase this month (from what I am hearing here January 18). My friend and I went into the boutique the other day and price increase was confirmed although the exact date not. The SA just said soon. My friend was able to order and purchase a not in stock bag, and lock in the pre-increase price.

Wow another price increase... I should be used to it by now, but every time it's a surprise lol Thank you so much for sharing this!! I'll order it soon then rather than waiting for end of February. I feel like it might happen soon as something strange was happening with the website today - I tried adding saddle latte to bag and it was spinning and then error message, then later in the evening I was eventually able to at all it to bag. Maybe they're updating pricing on the backend or something :confused1:
Why did you choose beige if you don't mind me asking? I'm torn between latte and taupe and I think knowing other people's logic will help me decide.

Wow another price increase... I should be used to it by now, but every time it's a surprise lol Thank you so much for sharing this!! I'll order it soon then rather than waiting for end of February. I feel like it might happen soon as something strange was happening with the website today - I tried adding saddle latte to bag and it was spinning and then error message, then later in the evening I was eventually able to at all it to bag. Maybe they're updating pricing on the backend or something :confused1:
Why did you choose beige if you don't mind me asking? I'm torn between latte and taupe and I think knowing other people's logic will help me decide.

My decision was hard because I tried to think of what would fit best in my collection. At that time, I already had a somewhat blush LV cappuccines and a beige Chanel 19 and a latte like Evelyne which are the bags I think it would compete with most. My friend already had the blush for a while so not sure if I just didn’t want to get the same bag. I really liked the latte as a white bag. I did ask to see the Taupe which wasn’t in stock. Usually when I am so torn, I usually go with the one that I totally have a good feeling with, a somewhat high. Kinda sounds funny, but I get that way with certain bags. I felt best carrying the beige. I think also I felt the latte was more of a cool tone as opposed to a warm tone or neutral one. I think with my skin tone, I look better with warmer color tones and my clothing tends to be in the warmer tones.

• Love
Reactions: Maria333
My decision was hard because I tried to think of what would fit best in my collection. At that time, I already had a somewhat blush LV cappuccines and a beige Chanel 19 and a latte like Evelyne which are the bags I think it would compete with most. My friend already had the blush for a while so not sure if I just didn’t want to get the same bag. I really liked the latte as a white bag. I did ask to see the Taupe which wasn’t in stock. Usually when I am so torn, I usually go with the one that I totally have a good feeling with, a somewhat high. Kinda sounds funny, but I get that way with certain bags. I felt best carrying the beige. I think also I felt the latte was more of a cool tone as opposed to a warm tone or neutral one. I think with my skin tone, I look better with warmer color tones and my clothing tends to be in the warmer tones.

Thanks a lot for the detailed response! I totally get the "high" with bags, having this feeling about latte now.
I didn't realize it was cool toned though, I thought it was neutral... I ended up ordering it last night, so I'll have to see the color in person and decide as I definitely wanted a neutral. Is the beige that you got in smooth goatskin that's currently on the website (pic below)? Or was there another beige? I'm curious because the goatskin beige online looks more like a cool toned yellow.
data%3A