Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

Is 2016 Bagatelle included in recall? I tried calling LV but they won't give me any information since I am not original purchaser. They said they can't provide which bags are on list and as I am not the original owner I don't have any options (?). They would need to talk to original owner to give options. Client Services was overall very rude about this all. Any help/advice is appreciated.
I had two Bagatelles and yes I returned/exchanged them. It really depends on the date though. But my assumption they are impacted

Hi !
Back in december, my mono Montaigne MM was exchanged due to glazing issues.
I just notifed this on the new one (had the same thing on the older one). Should I be concerned ? Both handles have this on both sides ... I don’t wan’t to get paranoid...
Thanks

Attachments

• A4F69065-29F6-4292-A91F-B8E1B17C25A8.jpeg
    A4F69065-29F6-4292-A91F-B8E1B17C25A8.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 775
  • 45C9335E-82BD-43B1-B7D4-A56BCABCE2D9.jpeg
    45C9335E-82BD-43B1-B7D4-A56BCABCE2D9.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 778
Hi !
Back in december, my mono Montaigne MM was exchanged due to glazing issues.
I just notifed this on the new one (had the same thing on the older one). Should I be concerned ? Both handles have this on both sides ... I don’t wan’t to get paranoid...
Thanks
What are you worried about? I am not sure I can tell from the pictures.

Reactions: Bronzi522
I’m in Canada and I have an Estrela NM. I never got a call so I asked my SA and he said if I didn’t get a call then I am not affected and as for items gifted to me the original owners would have been contacted- not sure how that helps me since I am not in contact with some of theses people so I would never know. I didn’t push the issue further as my items don’t have a problem yet, but now I am wondering if I should just call CS myself and ask because if I ever get a problem I don’t want to be stuck with these items.

I took my mono Pochette Métis from 2015 in to a boutique yesterday. He asked if I had been called and I said no, but that I had contacted the 800# and they told me I needed to bring it in. He took it in the back to talk to a manager, I presume, came back out said that even though I hadn’t been called yet, I would have but just haven’t been gotten to on the list yet, and my bag was one of the affected, so let’s just do it now.
He told me that because it’s an exchange due to quality, I had to pick something in the store to exchange it for at the current value or more. No gift cards, no ordering anything in from online or store, no credit, etc. He did tell me that I could hang onto my bag since they didn’t have any mono PM’s in, but that he had no idea if and when they would get any in stock.
I told him I’d look around and he said he’d show me the empreinte PM’s they had. I wasn’t planning on spending that money, but I fell in love with one and it was a done deal. So I got a new empreinte PM in Beige Rose Creme! It’s beautiful. But I will be adding the mono PM back to my collection in the future when I’m off of ban island.

Today, I noticed glazing issues on an Empreinte Felicie in Noir purchased in May 2017 gifted to my mom that she rarely uses. My mom mentioned that her Felicie was sticky. I sent my CA a text who advised me to bring it in store. I took it to the store, my CA took a quick look at it, and deemed it defective immediately. My CA had already put all of the Felicie’s on hold so I could pick another one or select a different bag. In my experience, LV CAs have always provided me with exceptional customer service and work diligently to resolve any quality issues.
Of note, my CA was unaware of any defects with the Empreinte Felicie but urged me to bring the bag in for inspection. Even if your bag is not on the “recall” list or the CA or CS is unaware of any issues with your bag, take your bag in for inspection. There will always be outliers and no one can provide absolute assurance that an item is not defective until the item is inspected by a CA.
FDB1593B-EC8F-437A-944A-E9596D3FC558.jpeg 4F46B711-F800-4444-8195-1199B8C21FD2.jpeg

I have a preloved Babylone mono pm Galet Mahina which I love but I now have to cracks in the glazing near the handles and smudging on the o ring connection leather part. Date code was made in 2015. Has this been recalled?? Any help is appreciated as I love this bag. Is there a list anywhere?

Hi there, I’m in the UK and I wanted to let you know about my recent experience at LV Bond Street, London. I had a couple of items purchased a few years ago in Empreinte leather which were becoming sticky and melting in places. I emailed LV and they advised that a visit to a shop was best. I do not live close to a store but after following this thread carefully and other research online, I decided that it would be worth a planned trip. There was an area within the store where items for repair were assessed. I explained the problem and the lady said this shouldn’t take long before even looking at the items. Within 5 minutes I ended up with over £4K in store credit, I even emptied my purse in front of her to return! I was told I had to use the credit in that store and within 1 year only. The customer care experience was amazing and I was handed over to a fantastic SA called Alessandra who spent so much time showing me lots of bags and accessories. It felt amazing. I hope this helps anyone in the UK who are experiencing any issues with bags bought a few years ago. I left a very happy customer.

I took my mono Pochette Métis from 2015 in to a boutique yesterday. He asked if I had been called and I said no, but that I had contacted the 800# and they told me I needed to bring it in. He took it in the back to talk to a manager, I presume, came back out said that even though I hadn’t been called yet, I would have but just haven’t been gotten to on the list yet, and my bag was one of the affected, so let’s just do it now.
He told me that because it’s an exchange due to quality, I had to pick something in the store to exchange it for at the current value or more. No gift cards, no ordering anything in from online or store, no credit, etc. He did tell me that I could hang onto my bag since they didn’t have any mono PM’s in, but that he had no idea if and when they would get any in stock.
I told him I’d look around and he said he’d show me the empreinte PM’s they had. I wasn’t planning on spending that money, but I fell in love with one and it was a done deal. So I got a new empreinte PM in Beige Rose Creme! It’s beautiful. But I will be adding the mono PM back to my collection in the future when I’m off of ban island.

Hmmmm. My store gave me a credit as my bag is no longer made and wasn't sure what I wanted as well. I ordered a bag and searched on line for other choices since I had a nice amount credit. They did tell me if I lost the credit gift card, I would be out of luck and not replaced.