Reveal-17B PinkGold&DarkRed vs pinks&reds from Vanana collection

For now, I'm waiting for a beautiful brooch and a jacket from 17B. Really hoping that everything else will be VERY UGLY so I wont be tempted, but we all know how that goes... it's sort of the kind of wishful thinking that unfortunately led to a reveal like this one!

DID NOT plan on this "light gold" mini AT ALL.

I actually turned it down and then my DH talked me back into it, and like a crazy person I texted my SA back. Lucky she never did took me seriously when I said no the first time :P

Hope you enjoyed this!
Ok seriously, I'm out of breath! What a fun most spectacular thread/reveal....as usual from you! No clue where to begin but I thought i was losing my mind dear friend because i just posted a reply to you in a different thread on your new iridescent mini...i didn't recall seeing it/knowing you got it & now i see this thread. AHA, you've been uber BUSY!!! I totally agree w/ you & @Jereni that this pink/gold mini is iridescent & not metallic (in fact i wonder if it's the same color as my new quilt 226 reissue??) EVERYTHING, ALL your bags & those jackets are ridiculously fabulous & then there is dear man Leo looking all proud & pumped up from his spa treatment. Congrats on all sweet friend! :love::graucho::happydance::love::hbeat::loveeyes::smooch: :ps:

Reactions: Vanana
@Vanana Seeing your collection of Chanel bags made my day!! I recently bought my first Chanel M/L and planning coco handle this season. Hopefully one day I can have a stunning collection like yours. Enjoy all your items in good health!!!

okay this is what i've been waiting for!!! LOLLLL wanted to see what this little magical unicorn looks like in different lighting! thank you for this very thorough and helpful reveal!!! :yes:have you heard about any potential quality issues with this one? I'm thinking it's iridescent/metallic so maybe rubbing/peeling may be an issue. i don't own any chanel metallics so hoping you or anyone else can chime in!

@Vanana Seeing your collection of Chanel bags made my day!! I recently bought my first Chanel M/L and planning coco handle this season. Hopefully one day I can have a stunning collection like yours. Enjoy all your items in good health!!!
Hahaha thank you I'm glad it made your day :smile: I get scared everytime I take photos of my Chanels. it's getting ridiculous to justify. those 2 are such classic timeless choices and would be so very versatile. I will have to one day take family photo... Yes - I do realize that I've been saying that for ages... the mind is willing (even eager) but... :P

What a gorgeous thread!! I loved everything! So much so, I contacted my SA and asked her to put me on the list for the "light gold" medium/large :biggrin:
Hi again -

Can you let me know what color the hardware is on your beautiful light gold mini?

Thanks! :smile:
Haha I'm so sorry :P and it's silver. Make sure your SA check the straps and edges for you to ensure it's a good one! I know recently (not just this season) many folks have encountered less than desirable quality, but so far my experience is that it's not by season or by bag style but more so in the way of seeing some poor/sloppy mistakes. MY theory is that Chanel has been providing internship and these bags are made by these new interns in training. :P
I think since they ramped up volume, there may be seriously some new labor related training defect issues, less stringent QC due to quantity produced and similar issues. The noise related to quality issues when it was only 10% of 10k bags vs. 10% of 100k bags = big difference. That is not to say that this is okay by ANY means - i'm quite upset myself on why I need to spend my time QC'ing these bags when I pay chanel and not the other way around (they outsourced QC to their customers? what?!) but the thing is, I do like their bags, and when I really want something, i'm very "result oriented" and obsessive.
What i'm saying is, personally I wouldn't worry about what other people say about certain specific bag being an issue (if that's the case I wouldn't have kept my blue rainbow runway bag) because I believe that in most cases (unless there's a design flaw), it's more important to focus on whether or not the issue is something with a root cause that is likely pervasive vs. something that may happen to one off situations. most of them are hit or miss or one off and not necessarily rational to apply that assumption to all related bags by season or style. If root cause is pervasive or a design flaw, then by all means, I usually wave the flag while standing at the Chanel Exit sign :lol:
If you see one with some minor flaws/issues, just skip onto the next one or have your SA inspect for you first and grab the best one! :smile:

Reactions: purseonal obsession
Love love love this thread -- informative yet entertaining :love: Thanks for making my commute much more enjoyable :giggle: Your collection is gorgeous!!! Oh and that tweed jacket looks stunning on you.
Thanks Panzanella! commutes are so boring but I hope it didn't result in a detour to a Chanel boutique visit? :P (OK that was probably bound to happen anyway!)
My collection is getting unmanageable and that is not my intent. I've never let go or sell any of them (I don't like buying to sell, and i'm too lazy and don't like hassle). However, I look at each of them and know that I seriously cannot let go of any even if I don't mind the hassle! It's crazy... so my only recourse is to be EXTRA EXTRA careful on buying more from now on and adding even more :doh: <-- Says the person who just did another reveal in same month...

Reactions: Panzanella
Eeeh this looks so gorgeous on you. I'm sort of on the fence about this bag and your lovely mod shots aren't helping!
Love this pixelated flap! Fun to see pics of this again. I regretted missing out on this at the time. But alas, money/time/luck/etc...
Ohhh hello there raspberry red flap [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji177][emoji175][emoji119]

If I ever came across this in a mini I would have to get it. Loved this color.

Your new 17B red mini is gorgeous! Definitely a true, classic red.

I just saw your new beige tote and the leather looks so nice and the color is such a lovely neutral. You have so many stunning WOCs and smaller bags too but I do have to agree with you on the love for the 16C red lamb. I still get so happy each time I wear it! It is just so fun and cheerful - no other way to describe than raspberry red. Though seriously at the prices we're paying, I totally expect happiness each time I use them! I'm paying for chanel magic!