Repair/Replacement Costs - List

This quote came from an online request. I only asked for all the vachetta replaced and that was what they initially quoted me via email so I called because I couldn’t believe it lol. They said the same thing on the phone. I emailed them again asking how much for a tab replacement for the zipper and they quoted me $50 for that and also included $770 for all the leather replaced. I don’t know what changed but I didn’t want to ask too many questions because that was a lot better quote lol.
Lol. Just better not ask questions as they may discover they quoted too low! Lol. Although it's already pricey! That's a lot for a Speedy HL. I just sent a text to one of my SAs to ask how much for all the exterior vachetta on a Speedy 25 and also how much for the top handles, chaps and pull tab just in case I want to just go that route. I'm just waiting for a response. I sent a text over today. I'll let you know what I get. I think I'll inquire online as well just so I have a comparison but I wonder if the SA or online SA can see the quote I'm given?

Reactions: BagAddiction712
This quote came from an online request. I only asked for all the vachetta replaced and that was what they initially quoted me via email so I called because I couldn’t believe it lol. They said the same thing on the phone. I emailed them again asking how much for a tab replacement for the zipper and they quoted me $50 for that and also included $770 for all the leather replaced. I don’t know what changed but I didn’t want to ask too many questions because that was a lot better quote lol.
Oh my gosh. I sent an email to LV to get a quote as I haven't heard back from my SA. They refused to give me a quote! Attached is what they sent me. Smh. Annoying. The canvas is fine. Is there no set price for vachetta top handles and chaps and possibly piping? Of course there is. There has to be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313_044120_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_044120_Gmail.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20240313_044151_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_044151_Gmail.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 37
Oh my gosh. I sent an email to LV to get a quote as I haven't heard back from my SA. They refused to give me a quote! Attached is what they sent me. Smh. Annoying. The canvas is fine. Is there no set price for vachetta top handles and chaps and possibly piping? Of course there is. There has to be.
In my experience, the only way to get a repair estimate from LV (other than at a boutique) is to go through the repair service on the app. That's what it sounds like they're suggesting you do? I don't think they will give quotes just via email.

In my experience, the only way to get a repair estimate from LV (other than at a boutique) is to go through the repair service on the app. That's what it sounds like they're suggesting you do? I don't think they will give quotes just via email.
Well I was on the app and the only way I saw to contact them was thru email or phone. I picked email. Let me go back on the app, perhaps I overlooked the option. I did text 2 other SAs to see if I get a reply as the one that actually works at the LV atelier at South Coast Plaza hasn't replied back yet.

Well I was on the app and the only way I saw to contact them was thru email or phone. I picked email. Let me go back on the app, perhaps I overlooked the option. I did text 2 other SAs to see if I get a reply as the one that actually works at the LV atelier at South Coast Plaza hasn't replied back yet.
Along the bottom of the app screen there is a "MyLV" tab you can click - I believe you have to be logged in to use the options in this menu. On the MyLV screen that opens you'll see an option for "My Care Services". Once you click that there is a large button at the bottom of the screen that reads: "Request a new repair".

• Insightful
Reactions: Debbie65
Along the bottom of the app screen there is a "MyLV" tab you can click - I believe you have to be logged in to use the options in this menu. On the MyLV screen that opens you'll see an option for "My Care Services". Once you click that there is a large button at the bottom of the screen that reads: "Request a new repair".
Thank you!:smile: I haven't looked yet but I will! I may just ask just to see if I get the same quote. I finally got a reply from my SA that works at the LV Atelier. See attachment. This is for a Speedy Mono 25, the classic Speedy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313_204837_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_204837_Messages.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 17
I just got my boetie bag back. The two leather straps were about to fall apart.

I purchased this bag back in 2017 and it has held up great. I bought it in the store back in 2017 for around 2900 plus tax.

I was quoted 800 dollars to replace the two leather straps.

I thought that was steep, tried to get it reduced but didn't work.

I went ahead and did it and got it back 5 weeks later.

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Love
I just got my boetie bag back. The two leather straps were about to fall apart.

I purchased this bag back in 2017 and it has held up great. I bought it in the store back in 2017 for around 2900 plus tax.

I was quoted 800 dollars to replace the two leather straps.

I thought that was steep, tried to get it reduced but didn't work.

I went ahead and did it and got it back 5 weeks later.

It looks lovely but wow! These repair costs are getting crazy lol

Reactions: BULL
It looks lovely but wow! These repair costs are getting crazy lol
Wow you're not kidding! I know prices go up, but good grief! I had a vintage Looping bag (I think that's the name, it has one loop like vachetta top handle and is a flap bag). I had the vachetta handle replaced and for handle and install it was $100! Even at that time I thought to myself...wow, that's not a bad price as I expected more. I got it in 2014 or so, maybe 2015. Anyway it is what it is. Perhaps they want to discourage people from buying preloved to just get a "new bag" as a repair for cheap however some are original owners and want to just keep our bag. Now the repairs are getting too expensive!

Reactions: JD1123
Wow you're not kidding! I know prices go up, but good grief! I had a vintage Looping bag (I think that's the name, it has one loop like vachetta top handle and is a flap bag). I had the vachetta handle replaced and for handle and install it was $100! Even at that time I thought to myself...wow, that's not a bad price as I expected more. I got it in 2014 or so, maybe 2015. Anyway it is what it is. Perhaps they want to discourage people from buying preloved to just get a "new bag" as a repair for cheap however some are original owners and want to just keep our bag. Now the repairs are getting too expensive!
I think that’s the goal. They want people to buy new but some of us have sentimental attachment to our bags and not to mention the quality is better on some older bags!

• Love
Hi everyone! I just got a reply from my other SA. Price is $20 more for the chaps and top handles combo compared to the quote I got from LV atelier. This SA gave me the price of the top handles alone too. Here is the repair pricing for those interested in vachetta replacement for a Speedy 25 Classic in Monogram.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_145339_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_145339_Gallery.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 28
Not at all, they want everybody to buy new bags since COVID.
Well, if I find what I want pre loved for substantially lower and in near new condition...I'm buying pre loved. All you are doing LV is loosing customers. Everyone has a cap on what they are willing to pay. LV must be feeling some of our wrath as they lowered the prices on some items. Lol

Well, if I find what I want pre loved for substantially lower and in near new condition...I'm buying pre loved. All you are doing LV is loosing customers. Everyone has a cap on what they are willing to pay. LV must be feeling some of our wrath as they lowered the prices on some items. Lol
I didn’t know they finally lowered some prices!! Do you happen to know what items they lowered?