Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Quoted $1460 to get all the vachetta replaced on my mini speedy HL. I noticed that it was being labeled a nano speedy on the online request. I called to clarify but they said that the mini speedy HL is the same repair price. Has anyone recently gotten their mini speedy HL repaired? This price seems steep as it will cost more than a new speedy nano when I add the bag cost and repair cost.

that is steep since a nano speedy is $1760; that's only $300 more. plus the new nano speedy has a strap, are they quoting you for that as well?

Quoted $1460 to get all the vachetta replaced on my mini speedy HL. I noticed that it was being labeled a nano speedy on the online request. I called to clarify but they said that the mini speedy HL is the same repair price. Has anyone recently gotten their mini speedy HL repaired? This price seems steep as it will cost more than a new speedy nano when I add the bag cost and repair cost.
Wow. That's expensive. Did that quote come from a SA in the boutique or was that from online? That seems too high compared to quotes from other repairs. Did you request for the hardware, zipper and lining to be replace or did they possibly include that in your quote?

Last edited:
I emailed them again and was able to get a better quote at $770. Still higher than I thought but better than $1460.
I didn't see this message until after my rant in the previous message. Hahaha. :smile: . Thank goodness it's lower, but why was it that high in the first place? Can you actually negotiate the price down? I'll like to know so when I ever do a repair I'll negotiate. Lol.

I was quoted $900 to replace the vachetta on my neverfull mm this weekend in Houston 😖 The situation is not quite dire enough for me to pull the trigger yet, but it will be needed in the next few years and I’m sure the price is only going to keep going up!

• Wow
Reactions: Monogramboy
I was quoted $900 to replace the vachetta on my neverfull mm this weekend in Houston 😖 The situation is not quite dire enough for me to pull the trigger yet, but it will be needed in the next few years and I’m sure the price is only going to keep going up!

Gosh $900. That's steep! There isn't even a lot of vachetta on a NF. Ask another SA and see if you get a better price. Lol. That's too much for just small pieces of vachetta. It's not like it's rolled top handles. They are just strips of vachetta! Do I sound cheap? Lol. I just feel it's over priced!

Gosh $900. That's steep! There isn't even a lot of vachetta on a NF. Ask another SA and see if you get a better price. Lol. That's too much for just small pieces of vachetta. It's not like it's rolled top handles. They are just strips of vachetta! Do I sound cheap? Lol. I just feel it's over priced!
I felt the same way, which is why I said thanks but no thanks… for now! I’ve had this bag since 2015 and she is a workhorse but I can’t justify paying 80% of what I paid for the bag to replace a few leather straps 😳

Reactions: Debbie65
I felt the same way, which is why I said thanks but no thanks… for now! I’ve had this bag since 2015 and she is a workhorse but I can’t justify paying 80% of what I paid for the bag to replace a few leather straps 😳
Really, ask another SA or reach out online. Maybe that person up quoted you? Am I just too suspicious? Lol
$900, basically $1k for leather strips? I refuse to believe this! Hahaha

Reactions: amajoh
Favorite MM.
(I purchased this bag off ebay about 6 yrs ago. When I received it I was very disappointed, it was not as described, it was very well used. I was going to return it to the private seller but instead she refunded me some money)

I contacted LV through my phone app to replace front plate. The quote was $195. When they received the bag they called me. She said I should replace the leather and D rings! Which after I mailed it in I was kicking myself for not asking. My quote was then $485. I received the bag back in about 8 weeks. They also included a new strap! And a handwritten note. They also called me a week after I received the bag to follow up I was completely satisfied. WOW LV! Outstanding customer service!! Super happy with how my first big repair went. I feel the price was very fair for what I received.

Final: $495.
New: Leather strap, & Front plate
Replaced: Leather & D rings
View attachment 5935725View attachment 5935726View attachment 5935727View attachment 5935728View attachment 5935729View attachment 5935730View attachment 5935731View attachment 5935732View attachment 5935733
That’s awesome! Looks good too!

Wow. That's expensive. Did that quote come from a SA in the boutique or was that from online? That seems too high compared to quotes from other repairs. Did you request for the hardware, zipper and lining to be replace or did they possibly include that in your quote?
This quote came from an online request. I only asked for all the vachetta replaced and that was what they initially quoted me via email so I called because I couldn’t believe it lol. They said the same thing on the phone. I emailed them again asking how much for a tab replacement for the zipper and they quoted me $50 for that and also included $770 for all the leather replaced. I don’t know what changed but I didn’t want to ask too many questions because that was a lot better quote lol.

• Love
Reactions: Debbie65