Reference: Guide to Hermes Scarves

No - double sided ones started this season The current doubles have MOSTLY mirror imaged printing - eg WOW - the central horse points one way on the front, the other on the reverse BUT printing can be read from either side - that is, the image was flipped except for lettering
on CDM: does the artwork point the same way with either print ? ie do the central horses point the same way or is one print flipped ? Same question for text on CdM. If the prints are flipped, then there were two impressions.
Are you seeing JUST one print that soaked through ? Or, is it two distinct separate impressions?

Apologies for lack of clarity.
It’s a bleed-through of the design and background, including lettering, no flipping, NOT a printing of an image on BOTH sides. (By the Way, just a reminder, there was a double-sided printed scarf before: Music Makers, in a 70cm).

In this case, By “reverse,” I meant like when I was in the newspaper business. Typical page is black-inked image on white paper—a “reverse” is white image on black background.
In the case of my new scarf, the line drawing/art you see on yours in “pink” are seen on mine in ivory/gold; your background is “white” while mine is a deep royal purple.

I’m happy to upload an image unless you think I received some bizarre counterfeit. I can also respond to a DM from you, though the system doesn’t allow me to initiate a DM to you.

Apologies for lack of clarity.
It’s a bleed-through of the design and background, including lettering, no flipping, NOT a printing of an image on BOTH sides. (By the Way, just a reminder, there was a double-sided printed scarf before: Music Makers, in a 70cm).

In this case, By “reverse,” I meant like when I was in the newspaper business. Typical page is black-inked image on white paper—a “reverse” is white image on black background.
In the case of my new scarf, the line drawing/art you see on yours in “pink” are seen on mine in ivory/gold; your background is “white” while mine is a deep royal purple.

I’m happy to upload an image unless you think I received some bizarre counterfeit. I can also respond to a DM from you, though the system doesn’t allow me to initiate a DM to you.
So, the image soaked through , but not totally, mine is like that , not a perfect image on the reverse
Yeah the DM system has been weird for a long time , dunno why

Sharing my new-to-me Cavalcade de Mai in ecru/purple, a finesse design introduced to me by @marietouchet posting her beauty.
Will add some photos to scarf color thread as well.
Apologies as I don’t know why Apple Photos app sometimes will not crop properly and cuts off edges!
Notes on lighting: the Ecru glows more golden subject to lighting sources.
Photos 1&2 are under a blend of indoor and ambient outdoor lighting. Photos 3&4 reflect flash. All iphone which does the purple proud on my monitor but may show more blue/navy/black on others.
C89C171B-2237-42F4-8054-38E7FAE7584F.jpeg 0E530C1B-65FD-4DDC-BE4E-B054F089FFA1.jpeg 3108AC36-67BD-4F96-8D23-32CA8D06D39F.jpeg D4CE1981-8242-4580-A014-21F44397885B.jpeg

Sharing my new-to-me Cavalcade de Mai in ecru/purple, a finesse design introduced to me by @marietouchet posting her beauty.
Will add some photos to scarf color thread as well.
Apologies as I don’t know why Apple Photos app sometimes will not crop properly and cuts off edges!
Notes on lighting: the Ecru glows more golden subject to lighting sources.
Photos 1&2 are under a blend of indoor and ambient outdoor lighting. Photos 3&4 reflect flash. All iphone which does the purple proud on my monitor but may show more blue/navy/black on others.
View attachment 4681416 View attachment 4681417 View attachment 4681418 View attachment 4681419
Good heavens, that’s beautiful!

Dear all, where can I lookup if a scarf has been re-issued? I'm specially interested in Fructidor, Chasse exotique, and Au son du tamtam. Thank you.

Fructidor was issued in 1980 and never re-issued;
Chases Exotiques was issued in 1980 and re-issued in 1988;
Au son des Tam-Tam was issued in 1997 and never re-issues

Reactions: Snausages
Reissue dates - the GOLDEN STANDARD is ask Hermes, at one time they would reply with reissue dates.I ONCE got reissue dates in my multiple requests over the years

Reissues were almost never in the magazines, booklets, so there is almost never solid written info for the reissues ... ie no one can prove anything LOL, ther are only educated guesses and anecdotes

So, trying to add to the pool of info and not trying to contradict anyone

FRUCTIDOR definitely reprtinted, is known with several copyright and caretag style, so at least wo printings, maybe more, 1980s - 1990s is the right time frame for the printings

UNADVERTISED REISSUE - I think TAM TAM was done multiple times because there are like 20 cws in 90cm twill, H has never made that many in a single season , I stand by a claim that it was reprinted - my educated guess

CHASSES EXOTIQUES - hmmm mine I bought ca 1988 with an old copyright (anecdote), it is known with a later copyright also - so second printing was done later - 1990s
Personally I think the 1980 date is in error - typo? Long winded explanation omitted ... yes I know every database on the internet has the date of 1980... but there is no Le Monde article/booklet to support that date. OK, inability to find proof is not proof of its non existence one has to have standards - LOL - and I dont buy the date of 1980

PS there is no definitive list of issue / reissue dates - there are many lists on internet (Hermesology, HSCI and Luxury Zurich had some lists at one time) or in the CARRES D ART books- which is a good one but not bullet proof (LZ/HSCI/CDA/ HERMESOLOGY may have different info)
Nor are my musings bullet proof ...

Last edited:
Reissue dates - the GOLDEN STANDARD is ask Hermes, at one time they would reply with reissue dates.I ONCE got reissue dates in my multiple requests over the years

Reissues were almost never in the magazines, booklets, so there is almost never solid written info for the reissues ... ie no one can prove anything LOL, ther are only educated guesses and anecdotes

So, trying to add to the pool of info and not trying to contradict anyone

FRUCTIDOR definitely reprtinted, is known with several copyright and caretag style, so at least wo printings, maybe more, 1980s - 1990s is the right time frame for the printings

UNADVERTISED REISSUE - I think TAM TAM was done multiple times because there are like 20 cws in 90cm twill, H has never made that many in a single season , I stand by a claim that it was reprinted - my educated guess

CHASSES EXOTIQUES - hmmm mine I bought ca 1988 with an old copyright (anecdote), it is known with a later copyright also - so second printing was done later - 1990s
Personally I think the 1980 date is in error - typo? Long winded explanation omitted ... yes I know every database on the internet has the date of 1980... but there is no Le Monde article/booklet to support that date. OK, inability to find proof is not proof of its non existence one has to have standards - LOL - and I dont buy the date of 1980

PS there is no definitive list of issue / reissue dates - there are many lists on internet (Hermesology, HSCI and Luxury Zurich had some lists at one time) or in the CARRES D ART books- which is a good one but not bullet proof (LZ/HSCI/CDA/ HERMESOLOGY may have different info)
Nor are my musings bullet proof ...

Thank you. It is not easy to become a Hermes Scarf knower.

3 AUTHENTIC Hermes Scarves with NO COPYRIGHT, the Regina as Twill Pocket Square, Bolduc Pocket Square and Lalbhai. As much as I love "Hermes Scarf Guides" on Facebook, writing authenticity rules in stone leaves no space for Exception to the rules. For example, saying that the care tag must be on the upper right corner, will make any newbie buyer deem as fake a scarf that has the tag sewn in any other place, meanwhile Hermes DID place their tags in all 4 directions throughout time! Also people remove and add back the tags what doesn't make the scarf "fake" nor "authentic", it is VERY CASE by CASE.... Only very recently Hermes is sticking to the upper right corner care tag position. Or the Machined Hems = Fake, that is also not 100% correct (insert here Amazone, Bel Ami, Brides de Gala)! Same with the "must have copyright" rule, I know at least 3 not ancient but rather recent Authentic ones that do not have the copyright, the entire batch of Pocket Square Regina Twill has no copyright at all, but it was added for the Chiffon version. Some early Bolduc Pocket Squares, no copyright but authentic, Lalbhai notoriously no copyright but authentic. I'll attach files for the Regina authentic no copyright, dearest (long time no see) :heart:Jan did you come across these in your shop through the years? Geoff is so reluctant to post stuff that is not 90 cm Twill, he doesn't want to post about Pocket Squares or Cashmere or Jersey, I think we need one more, everlasting:biggrin: database with more recent and extended instructions on fakes and NOT fakes, including exceptions to the rules?

Regina Twill Pk 1.jpg

Regina Twill pk 2.jpg

Regina Twill Pk 3.jpg

Regina Twill Gr 1.jpg

Regina Twill Br.jpg

Regina Chiffon 1.jpg

Last edited:
3 AUTHENTIC Hermes Scarves with NO COPYRIGHT, the Regina as Twill Pocket Square, Bolduc Pocket Square and Lalbhai. As much as I love "Hermes Scarf Guides" on Facebook, writing authenticity rules in stone leaves no space for Exception to the rules. For example, saying that the care tag must be on the upper right corner, will make any newbie buyer deem as fake a scarf that has the tag sewn in any other place, meanwhile Hermes DID place their tags in all 4 directions throughout time! Also people remove and add back the tags what doesn't make the scarf "fake" nor "authentic", it is VERY CASE by CASE.... Only very recently Hermes is sticking to the upper right corner care tag position. Or the Machined Hems = Fake, that is also not 100% correct (insert here Amazone, Bel Ami, Brides de Gala)! Same with the "must have copyright" rule, I know at least 3 not ancient but rather recent Authentic ones that do not have the copyright, the entire batch of Pocket Square Regina Twill has no copyright at all, but it was added for the Chiffon version. Some early Bolduc Pocket Squares, no copyright but authentic, Lalbhai notoriously no copyright but authentic. I'll attach files for the Regina authentic no copyright, dearest (long time no see) :heart:Jan did you come across these in your shop through the years? Geoff is so reluctant to post stuff that is not 90 cm Twill, he doesn't want to post about Pocket Squares or Cashmere or Jersey, I think we need one more, everlasting:biggrin: database with more recent and extended instructions on fakes and NOT fakes, including exceptions to the rules?

View attachment 5013294

View attachment 5013295

View attachment 5013296

View attachment 5013297

View attachment 5013298

View attachment 5013299
Yes there are HS without cps, but your comments are more pertinent to the reference thread, since you are not asking for an authentication of a scarf for sale, see post 1
the Hermès reference thread is a good place for chat and discussion