Reference: Guide to Hermes Scarves

Yes, we have all run into those exceptions and we just need to roll with it. Luckily by now people trust me when I say notwithstanding no copyright symbol, it is authentic. I personally think it's all in the feel of the silk and the details are extra. I hope you have been well.

3 AUTHENTIC Hermes Scarves with NO COPYRIGHT, the Regina as Twill Pocket Square, Bolduc Pocket Square and Lalbhai. As much as I love "Hermes Scarf Guides" on Facebook, writing authenticity rules in stone leaves no space for Exception to the rules. For example, saying that the care tag must be on the upper right corner, will make any newbie buyer deem as fake a scarf that has the tag sewn in any other place, meanwhile Hermes DID place their tags in all 4 directions throughout time! Also people remove and add back the tags what doesn't make the scarf "fake" nor "authentic", it is VERY CASE by CASE.... Only very recently Hermes is sticking to the upper right corner care tag position. Or the Machined Hems = Fake, that is also not 100% correct (insert here Amazone, Bel Ami, Brides de Gala)! Same with the "must have copyright" rule, I know at least 3 not ancient but rather recent Authentic ones that do not have the copyright, the entire batch of Pocket Square Regina Twill has no copyright at all, but it was added for the Chiffon version. Some early Bolduc Pocket Squares, no copyright but authentic, Lalbhai notoriously no copyright but authentic. I'll attach files for the Regina authentic no copyright, dearest (long time no see) :heart:Jan did you come across these in your shop through the years? Geoff is so reluctant to post stuff that is not 90 cm Twill, he doesn't want to post about Pocket Squares or Cashmere or Jersey, I think we need one more, everlasting:biggrin: database with more recent and extended instructions on fakes and NOT fakes, including exceptions to the rules?

View attachment 5013294

View attachment 5013295

View attachment 5013296

View attachment 5013297

View attachment 5013298

View attachment 5013299

Hello, I have a question concerning the Hermès Feux du Ciel scarf, in blue (dark blue sky, blue shooting stars, yellow smaller stars). All images I see of this particular colorway feature "Sefedin" as the artist's signature, whereas (most?) other colorways are signed "Kwumi Sefedin." Do you know why? Is the blue one a reissue? — Images attached. Thanks!

1.jpg2.jpeg3.jpg4.jpgblue-crop.jpgblue.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I have a question concerning the Hermès Feux du Ciel scarf, in blue (dark blue sky, blue shooting stars, yellow smaller stars). All images I see of this particular colorway feature "Sefedin" as the artist's signature, whereas (most?) other colorways are signed "Kwumi Sefedin." Do you know why? Is the blue one a reissue? — Images attached. Thanks!

View attachment 5152748View attachment 5152749View attachment 5152750View attachment 5152751View attachment 5152760View attachment 5152759
The artist chose to use a different name at some point, he was 14 years old when first recruited by J L Dumas , and as an adult used a different name, like women who drop their maiden names at marriage

Hello! Has anyone ever seen this coloration of Liberty? The owner is requesting a valuation and I said I had to authenticate it first. All the detail is good, down to the floating copyright symbol. But I have never seen a taupe colorway. All comments are welcome. thank you.

View attachment 5661138
Hi. Yes I did buy myself same colorway to a famous reseller in France

I purchased this scarf and am wondering if the center color should be this yellowish or not. This design and color was my mom’s very first H scarf and holds special memories. I compared it to other vintage scarves with neutral centers and interestingly, some have different tints.
Also, has anyone ever tried Bluein when washing an H scarf? Is that a total nono? I am not that familiar with it. Thank you!

BC95DC8E-AC5D-420B-A54F-0950C6925E32.jpeg

Reactions: jbags07
I purchased this scarf and am wondering if the center color should be this yellowish or not. This design and color was my mom’s very first H scarf and holds special memories. I compared it to other vintage scarves with neutral centers and interestingly, some have different tints.
Also, has anyone ever tried Bluein when washing an H scarf? Is that a total nono? I am not that familiar with it. Thank you!

View attachment 5744470
Vintage scarves can be diff hues for a pile of reasons , age 20 vs 40 years old , stored cleaned or dirty/ perfume, washed - with care for bleeding or not , acid bearing paper for storage , stored in sunlight or dark …

Vintage scarves can be diff hues for a pile of reasons , age 20 vs 40 years old , stored cleaned or dirty/ perfume, washed - with care for bleeding or not , acid bearing paper for storage , stored in sunlight or dark …
Good point, @marietouchet and thank you for weighing in. This scarf has the longer care tag from the early 90s so it’s at least 30 years old. I hand washed it hoping to revive the color and bring the snow to live but perhaps the original coloring is supposed to be like this. The mysteries of H scarves.

Good point, @marietouchet and thank you for weighing in. This scarf has the longer care tag from the early 90s so it’s at least 30 years old. I hand washed it hoping to revive the color and bring the snow to live but perhaps the original coloring is supposed to be like this. The mysteries of H scarves.
It might have originally been more beige ie the silk was not bleached/ leaned as much before printing, or it could be an artifact of age or handling
The long tags were used for like a decade, so hard to tell when printed based on tag
That design was printed for like 30 years, with minimal tweaks maybe a copyright or newer caretag, but the same 30 year old printing technique
Back then, it was not a one and done thing, ie print for two years , then give it a rest, they printed the ”same” for YEARS
Or, they may have printed a bunch, left them in stock, and trotted them out 5 years later for hemming and sale
And the manufacture might have changed in the 30 years - more bleach in newer silk
My point is - diff Exemplars , apparently from the same period, may look diff

Reactions: jbags07 and Maedi
It might have originally been more beige ie the silk was not bleached/ leaned as much before printing, or it could be an artifact of age or handling
The long tags were used for like a decade, so hard to tell when printed based on tag
That design was printed for like 30 years, with minimal tweaks maybe a copyright or newer caretag, but the same 30 year old printing technique
Back then, it was not a one and done thing, ie print for two years , then give it a rest, they printed the ”same” for YEARS
Or, they may have printed a bunch, left them in stock, and trotted them out 5 years later for hemming and sale
And the manufacture might have changed in the 30 years - more bleach in newer silk
My point is - diff Exemplars , apparently from the same period, may look diff
Absolutely fabulous insights. That’s why one could shop for a scarf back then and knew roughly what would be there. Thank you for your thoughts.