Quote from fashionphile

I am not surprised... they usually offer very low. I got a quote for a brand new mini and they offered me $2500 for a brand new 21C Mini!!!
They quoted me retail price for brand new mini in caramel color. I did not accept because it did not cover what I paid for ( retail +tax)
I wasn’t looking to make money, just wanted to get what I paid for

Reactions: Glitterbomb
Does it seem to anyone else that some people are trying to advertise their items on this thread?
I say this because an online consignment shop is not going to purchase items at a retail price plus tax. They need to make a small profit.
I sold my brand new jumbo to fashionphile at loss, significantly lower than current retail. To me unless you buy certain bags that are in trend, or unless you bought them many years ago, there is no way to make money. Hermes is different story. I am referring more to chanel, dior, and LV.
To me it did not matter that It was at a loss because I wanted to replace the bag that was not in use with medium bag that I would use.
It all depends why a person wants to sell the bag in the first place.

I sold my brand new jumbo to fashionphile at loss, significantly lower than current retail. To me unless you buy certain bags that are in trend, or unless you bought them many years ago, there is no way to make money. Hermes is different story. I am referring more to chanel, dior, and LV.
To me it did not matter that It was at a loss because I wanted to replace the bag that was not in use with medium bag that I would use.
It all depends why a person wants to sell the bag in the first place.
This is true. My thought is any online consignment is not the platform to turn a profit, much less break even unless it is Hermès.
It’s great to set out with a dollar amount in mind, but, unrealistic to think the price paid will be re-couped if not selling to a private party.
I kinda think some people are trying to solicit buyers by posting in this thread.

For the first time ever, I’ve submitted to sell to Fashion phile a seasonal Chanel bag I no longer use. Luckily, they offered me a bit more than what I paid for!

Do you guys send the item you sell to them via UPS/Fedex or do you prefer to drop it off at a Fashionphile showroom? I’m thinking that since the item I am about to sell to them is of high value that I’d rather just drop it off at their showroom so in case the package gets lost in transit it will be solely their responsibility and not mine.

Would love to know your thoughts!

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
If you live close by, then you can take it to showroom and get a receipt. I live in east cost, so I had to send it via UPS and i kept tracking it.
It took a week for the box to get to CA. Once received, it was processed really fast. Chanel was processed on the same day, LV was processed next day. I received my NM gift card via email next day. It was really fast.

Reactions: Glitterbomb
I have sold a few bags to FP over the past few years, and a couple of times the first offers were quite low; I resubmitted after the first offer expried, and received significantly better offers.

For instance, I submitted a gorgeous and popular mini that I hadn‘t used yet, and was quoted $2700. I had paid either $4000 or $4100 (can’t remember) plus tax. I resubmitted a few days after that offer expired, and received a quote for $4200! A $1500 difference!

So I would definitely suggest resubmitting after you receive low ball offers. There are many variables, how many of the item they already have in stock, how much in demand the item is, how hard it is to get ahold of, current color and style trends, etc. These factors are constantly changing.

If you live close by, then you can take it to showroom and get a receipt. I live in east cost, so I had to send it via UPS and i kept tracking it.
It took a week for the box to get to CA. Once received, it was processed really fast. Chanel was processed on the same day, LV was processed next day. I received my NM gift card via email next day. It was really fast.
For my peace of mind, I think I will drop it off at their showroom. I am in NYC and there’s one nearby me. I would most definitely prefer to get a receipt so I have proof that they took my bag. Thank you for the advice!

Reactions: Emily1830
For my peace of mind, I think I will drop it off at their showroom. I am in NYC and there’s one nearby me. I would most definitely prefer to get a receipt so I have proof that they took my bag. Thank you for the advice!
You would need to make an appointment with them before taking it in. They will process it right there and then. It takes about 15 minutes for each item.