pierced ears but no earrings: yay or nay?

Do "unfilled" piercing holes look unpolished/unattractive?

• Yes.

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No.

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

bonfire-heart

Jul 26, 2017
Hey y'all,
I'm thinking about getting second earlobe piercings but I'm worried that "unfilled" piercing holes might look unpolished and unattractive. The thing is, I often wear my Tiffany pearl studs and I wouldn't want to fill those "extra" holes when I wear them. I was told to get teeny tiny diamond studs to fill the second holes and compliment the pearls but I just don't like the look. So, what do you think? Do "unfilled" piercing holes look unpolished/unattractive?
Here are some photos for a reference:
photo 1: the look I'd like to partly recreate; photo 2: unfilled piercing holes; photo 3: my dilemma: the look I don't fancy. B51D3022-5919-44FA-A59E-07DCB6C9FE4F.jpg

Hey y'all,
I'm thinking about getting second earlobe piercings but I'm worried that "unfilled" piercing holes might look unpolished and unattractive. The thing is, I often wear my Tiffany pearl studs and I wouldn't want to fill those "extra" holes when I wear them. I was told to get teeny tiny diamond studs to fill the second holes and compliment the pearls but I just don't like the look. So, what do you think? Do "unfilled" piercing holes look unpolished/unattractive?
photo 1: the look I'd like to partly recreate; photo 2: unfilled piercing holes; photo 3: my dilemma: the look I don't fancy. View attachment 3870644
Yes, I find unfilled piercing holes unattractive.
I like photo 1 ; the two others I don't.

I wish I never had the second holes done! I always wear my diamond studs in my original holes, so those second holes are unfilled.

I'm in the same boat. I wish I would've never done 2nd holes. I tried to let them close, but there's always going to be a partial a scar/hole there. It was the 80's and they were huge back then. Totally regret it now.

I have 2 lobe piercing & 1 cartilage piercing. Depending on the earrings to be worn in the first piercing, I usually wear diamonds in the second. I will wear small diamonds with a pearl stud as long as the pearl isn't too large. 10mm & up, I won't wear anything in the second hole. I don't mind an unfilled second hole but what looks unattractive to me is when someone has multiple piercings going up the lobe 3, 4 or more unfilled which is why I never got a 3rd lobe piercing. I am considering getting a second cartilage piercing, tho.

I have teeny endless-style YG hoops in my second holes (closest to the back of the lobe). I leave those in 24/7 and just change the "main" ones now and then. The hoops look great w/ everything: diamond studs, pearls, RG diamond half-hoops, plain WG hoops. Of course, I mix my metals in general, jewelry-wise. If you don't, this might not work for you because they are a HUGE pain in the *ss to fasten. You wouldn't want to deal w/ switching out WG, YG or RG all the time. ;)

I like the third picture, because that's what mine look like. I only wear very small diamond studs in the second hole, and they go with almost every pair of earrings I have. I feel naked if I only wear one pair!

Reactions: bonfire-heart
Hey y'all,
photo 1: the look I'd like to partly recreate; photo 2: unfilled piercing holes; photo 3: my dilemma: the look I don't fancy. View attachment 3870644
I have two holes in one ear and was nervous about it, but I only get compliments ; )

Reactions: bonfire-heart
Have a look at Maria Tash, she does really small ear jewellery. Also, there are lots of examples of different types of piercing which might help you decide.

Yeah, Maria Tash is amazing. But that's not about jewelry though. The problem is, I don't want to fill those second earlobe holes when I wear my pearl studs. That's why I'm wondering if unfilled holes look unattractive to people.

I got a second piercing back in the 80's when I was a college student. I now deeply regret it because while I never wear earrings in the second holes, I can still see the holes.
Now my teen aged daughter wants to get her ears double pierced.
NO WAY.
I'm with you in this one, teens are way too young for double piercings. They might regret it when they grow up.

Reactions: texasgirliegirl