Perfume Chat Thread

I've learned a few things while playing with fragrances. One is that I love Kilian's L'Heure Verte but I'm very allergic to Indult's Tihota! :lol:
I also have discovered that I don't like coffee fragrances on me, but I adore anything with a fig note! Who knew?!
Does anyone have any fig fragrances to recommend? :biggrin:

Oh and side note: my covid anosmia appears to be pretty much gone. This exercise in retraining my senses has really worked for me. :happydance: :smile:

I've learned a few things while playing with fragrances. One is that I love Kilian's L'Heure Verte but I'm very allergic to Indult's Tihota! :lol:
I also have discovered that I don't like coffee fragrances on me, but I adore anything with a fig note! Who knew?!

Oh and side note: my covid anosmia appears to be pretty much gone. This exercise in retraining my senses has really worked for me. :happydance: :smile:
I went thru a fig scents only this past spring, I will see what I bought and let you know tomorrow night. I did get Parfums de Nicolau Fig Tea,and also her Neroli as I am in a neroli cycle right now, and can’t find enough!

• Thanks
Reactions: JenJBS and jblended
My favorite fig: Christian Dior Balade Sauvage. It really shines in the heat.

375x500.48398.jpg

Diptyque makes a fig which many see as the standard for fig fragrances. I bought Laura Mercier's fresh fig and quite like it. I scored a partial bottle of Zents Fig on Ebay, and am glad it was cheap. I can highly recommend Surrender to Chance and Lucky Scent as stores which have a great selection of samples at a reasonable price. I will pick a note and then look for those items on Ebay. Sometimes you can pick up partial bottles cheap and it's 50/50 whether it is a find or not. Also read Basenotes or Fragrantika for reviews of any and everything. I think the other keeper fig fragrance was the Nicolai Fig Tea I alsoo tried a Jo Malone in the spring which was a very limited edition that came and went quickly. More will come to me. Right now I am on a Neroli binge. I will write when I think of more.

Diptyque makes a fig which many see as the standard for fig fragrances. I bought Laura Mercier's fresh fig and quite like it. I scored a partial bottle of Zents Fig on Ebay, and am glad it was cheap. I can highly recommend Surrender to Chance and Lucky Scent as stores which have a great selection of samples at a reasonable price. I will pick a note and then look for those items on Ebay. Sometimes you can pick up partial bottles cheap and it's 50/50 whether it is a find or not. Also read Basenotes or Fragrantika for reviews of any and everything. I think the other keeper fig fragrance was the Nicolai Fig Tea I alsoo tried a Jo Malone in the spring which was a very limited edition that came and went quickly. More will come to me. Right now I am on a Neroli binge. I will write when I think of more.
Thank you so much! The only one out of those you've listed that I have tired is Jo Malone's 'Fig and Lotus flower'. It was so lovely on my skin but disappeared within 15 mins! :shocked:

I'll try to get some samples of these (and the Dior recommended by ultravisitor), and will browse online for a few more to try.
Thanks again and enjoy your Neroli sampling. :biggrin:

Thank you so much! The only one out of those you've listed that I have tired is Jo Malone's 'Fig and Lotus flower'. It was so lovely on my skin but disappeared within 15 mins! :shocked:

I'll try to get some samples of these (and the Dior recommended by ultravisitor), and will browse online for a few more to try.
Thanks again and enjoy your Neroli sampling. :biggrin:
I have the same problem with Jo Malones fragrances. Zara makes great fragrances and they are cheap. I love lemon too, and got 3 on Ebay.

Reactions: jblended
I have the same problem with Jo Malones fragrances.
Ah, good to know it's not just me!
Zara makes great fragrances and they are cheap. I love lemon too, and got 3 on Ebay.
Zara really is doing some lovely ones. I own Captivatingly Paris (which is a Jo Loves collab). I've also sampled Luminous Nectar and Fields at Nightfall- both were very nice and certainly great affordable options. If I still worked in an office, I'd definitely use Zara for a pleasant daily perfume.

I've had mixed results with citruses. Heeley's Yuzu smelled like a cleaning product on my skin :lol:, but Atelier Cologne smelled amazingly fresh and citrusy.

Reactions: chowlover2

Here is a list of fragrances with a fig note in them.

Fig perfume ingredient, Fig fragrance and essential oils Ficus (fragrantica.com)

• Love
Reactions: jblended
I recently bought Guerlain Nahema while on a trip to Paris. It's very beautiful rose. On me, the notes that emerge are peach and hyacinth, sandlewood, and a bit of and patchouli on cooler days. While there, we experienced the heatwave, which made for interesting fragrance changes in this parfum. On hotter days I smelled mostly roses, peach, and sandlewood. Cooler days brought out the other notes for me. In all, beautiful. Girl of Fire is how Guerlain translates the name, but in Hebrew I think its meaning is closer to the meaning of soul, or breath. I think "Breath" is how I would describe it.

LuckyScent .com is having a sale this weekend, and I went a bit crazy. Got 15 samples... FUN15 is the code.

Samples of:
Dark - Akro
Absinthe Minded - Anka Kus
Creme de Cuir - BDK Parfums
Istanbul - Gallivant
Delicious Black Powder - Jousset Parfums
Fou d'Absinthe - L'Artisan Parfumeur
Beaute du Diable - Liquides Imaginaires
Cuir - Les Nombres d'Or - Mona di Orio
Suede de Suede - Mona di Orio
Drama Nuui - Pierre Guillaume Paris
Venom of Angel - Piotr Czarnecki
Anatolia Parfum - PRIN
Dulcis in Fundo - Profumum
Vanitas - Profumum
Chameleon - Zoologist

LuckyScent .com is having a sale this weekend, and I went a bit crazy. Got 15 samples... FUN15 is the code.

Samples of:
Dark - Akro
Absinthe Minded - Anka Kus
Creme de Cuir - BDK Parfums
Istanbul - Gallivant
Delicious Black Powder - Jousset Parfums
Fou d'Absinthe - L'Artisan Parfumeur
Beaute du Diable - Liquides Imaginaires
Cuir - Les Nombres d'Or - Mona di Orio
Suede de Suede - Mona di Orio
Drama Nuui - Pierre Guillaume Paris
Venom of Angel - Piotr Czarnecki
Anatolia Parfum - PRIN
Dulcis in Fundo - Profumum
Vanitas - Profumum
Chameleon - Zoologist
I was just picking out what samples I wanted-LOL!

• Love
Reactions: JenJBS