Perfume Chat Thread

Yes I think you’re right..

I literally am so niche I’ve stuck to the same scents my whole life, and today started Whats probably my last bottle of YSL Paris, so looking for a lush rose fragrance to replace it in my repertoire..

I’m going to Harrods just after Christmas , so may wait and go to the 6th floor there..although the store will be manic in January.(Usually the 6th floor is a little more civilised).

Last time I sampled MFK A La Rose, but was disappointed..but don’t want to spend £50,000 having my own MFK rose fragrance , although I’m sure it would be wonderful!

I’ll read everybody else’s (including yours, as you’re a rose aficionado ) recommendations , and go with a list,and hopefully come home with a new rose scent..thank you for all of your help so far!

I think i've finished a small collection now and will do one in, one out for limited space reasons.

20240108150919_IMG_3694.jpg

Outside left to right:
L'Atelier Parfum - Cœur de pétales
L'Atelier Parfum - Leather Black (K)night [my current favourite]

Top of stand left to right:
Escentric Molecules - Escentric 01
Zara - Ebony Wood
100bon - Mimosa & Héliotrope poudré

Bottom of stand left to right:
Korres - Black Pepper
Prada - Paradoxe
Floral Street - Neon Rose

I don't wear fragrances daily because I feel more excited about them if it's not a normal default :smile:

Reactions: mocktail
I'm pretty happy to report that I'm certain my post-covid anosmia is fully cured now. Everything smells consistently the same and I can identify what I'm smelling now.

I got to test a few things after months of not smelling anything and it was an experience of extremes. I adored Profumum Roma. I first tested Acqua di Sale and could imagine it being my signature scent. The SA kept telling me this was a male perfume but, nah, it was amazing on my skin. I also tested Acqua e Zucchero and fell in love with that, too. It's the first sweet perfume that I really loved. It's kind of addictive, and while sweet, is not suffocating at all. Shame the perfumerie only sells them at 100mls because I'd jump on a smaller size of both if available.
In fact, I'd say that after Henry Jacques, these are the nicest smelling perfumes I've been able to sniff. They're not the same style but they both smell like quality.

I had the opposite experience with Liis perfumes. They're all pleasant, but smelled chemical in the drydown on all of them. I'm not well-versed enough to say what that is but, it really bothered me. I had the same feeling with BornToStandOut iirc, where they all started nice but the chemical smell afterwards made me nauseous.

Has anyone tried, bought or worn anything nice recently?

I'm pretty happy to report that I'm certain my post-covid anosmia is fully cured now. Everything smells consistently the same and I can identify what I'm smelling now.

I got to test a few things after months of not smelling anything and it was an experience of extremes. I adored Profumum Roma. I first tested Acqua di Sale and could imagine it being my signature scent. The SA kept telling me this was a male perfume but, nah, it was amazing on my skin. I also tested Acqua e Zucchero and fell in love with that, too. It's the first sweet perfume that I really loved. It's kind of addictive, and while sweet, is not suffocating at all. Shame the perfumerie only sells them at 100mls because I'd jump on a smaller size of both if available.
In fact, I'd say that after Henry Jacques, these are the nicest smelling perfumes I've been able to sniff. They're not the same style but they both smell like quality.

I had the opposite experience with Liis perfumes. They're all pleasant, but smelled chemical in the drydown on all of them. I'm not well-versed enough to say what that is but, it really bothered me. I had the same feeling with BornToStandOut iirc, where they all started nice but the chemical smell afterwards made me nauseous.

Has anyone tried, bought or worn anything nice recently?
So glad your sense of smell is (finally) back!
Was at Sephora today, so I tested a few:

-Kayali Lovefest Burning Cherry 48: can't say I get any of the burning notes, just an overall fruitiness, with a mix of raspberry and cherry. It's not bad, but it also reminds me of a body spray, how a lot of them are berry/fruity. I don't think the full size is worth it, but the travel size, maybe.
-By Kilian Sunkissed Goddess: this has that warm-skin mix of tiare, vanilla, coconut, and a creamy woodsiness. Good silage, but it does remind me of Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc (but with less white flowers). Unfortunately some tiare's can give me a headache, but otherwise a nice scent.
-Tom Ford Vanilla Sex: initially got zero vanilla, but then it dried down and there was almost a pudding vanilla sweetness underneath. It's like you sniff it and get the tonka & sandalwood but right after that is the vanilla. Average silage, but at the end of the day I detect mainly vanilla. I'd still pick Vanille Tobacco as the TF vanilla to get.

Guerlain Tobacco Honey is so, so luscious. I can't even describe the way the scent makes me feel by itself, not to mention on my skin. Heady is the first thing that comes to mind. I can't get enough.

Ffern's Spring 24 is such a fun and fresh scent, different from anything else I have. Nevertheless, I got off the ledger expeditiously. I don't think their subscription model is worth it, I don't like scarcity marketing more broadly, and they don't fulfill their brand promise in most ways. They create perfume in Somerset and their packaging is lovely-- those are the only two aspects of the promise that materialize. The rest of it is just clever phrasing.

Reactions: cecchetti