Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I just wanted to share my experience. This forum and the current offers section was a tremendous help in planning my trip to Paris. I warn you in advance the post is a little long but might be helpful as I was successful in getting my bag but not through the regular channels. I had no buying history in Europe.
We are staying at a hotel on George V, just across the street from Hermes, which was planned for easy access. I tried before I left for an appointment at FSH but was declined and signed up for the next day. Arrived on Monday and first stop was Hermes George V, the shop was beautiful but very busy. I had to wait for almost 30 minutes for a sales associate to be available. I first asked about the coin purses, as I wanted the origami coin but was told that was no longer in production and was replaced with a new mini bastia coin purse and it was her favourite. I asked if they had it in Rasin, yes but only 1 as it had just come in. I then asked if they had any purses in the Raisin, she looked asked what I was looking for and I told her a Kelly, she looted on her phone and I was pretty sure she had one, she asked what size (25-35) and HW (no preference) and she proceeded to offer me a Piocitin. I declined, I told her I was staying at a nearby hotel and would be in the city for a few days and would try again. She asked if wanted the coin purse and I said no as I was hoping to get one in a colour to match my new purse. Went back to the hotel and got the declined appointment message from FSH.
The next morning I went down to the hotel concierge to get some assistance with planning our stay in Paris. Concierge was fantastic in helping to arrange our excursions and providing suggestions. She asked about our schedule and when I told her that I was waiting to get an appointment confirmation for FSH, as I really wanted to get a Kelly on this trip she suggested I go across the street to George V. She told me FSH was a very unpleasant experience and should be avoided and guaranteed me I would have a much better experience at George V. She texted her contact asked when I wanted to go as they would see me at anytime that was convenient for me, I asked to go immediately.
When I arrived at the store the manager greeted me at the door and introduced me to my SA, who brought me back to a desk area we chatted for 15 to 20 minutes about the recent protest that had decimated the area and then she proceeded to get the details of what I wanted. She went to the stock room and then asked me to follow her upstairs to a private room where she showed me my new Raisin Kelly 32 retourne with Palladium HW, Clamence leather. She apologized that she did not have a seller style which I really wanted but was not a deal breaker. She then brought me a selection of Twilly's (selected 1) and an insert (declined) and I also purchased the coin purse and a matching card holder. In order not to take up any more of my time she told me she would package my purchases and have them delivered to my hotel. She gave me her card and told me to contact her before I come next time and they will do their best to have my selections ready for me when I arrive, wow! So excited to make this contact! I was in and out in less than 2 hours and it was a fantastic experience!
So my advice would be to talk to your hotel concierge's as they may be most helpful in getting you a coveted appointment. It was clear from the moment I arrived that I was going to get a bag. Another advantage is the time was at my discretion and there was no hanging out waiting for an SA to become available. The George V store is beautiful it just re-opened in November.
Interestingly, I got a confirmation that night for FSH (after 3 attempts) and after my purchase so not sure if the history helped secure the appointment. I still wanted a Constance so went to see what the system was like. Appointment at 1:10 moved to 4:30 then 5:10 and then to 4:00 pm- so be prepared to dedicate a day to FSH. Time arrived but had to wait 35 minutes for SA who took us upstairs asked what I wanted (Constance and Kelly cut) he asked for my name and if I had purchased a Kelly the day before I said yes and he told me I could not get a Kelly cut because it was a quota bag but he would check on the Constance, I could tell they had these in stock. Waited another 25 minutes and I thought I would get lucky but he came back and said they had sold all the Constance's they had gotten that day. He asked if I would be interested in anything else and I inquired about Roulis mini he then said "oh another popular bag". He checked on his phone and offered me a black in the full size or mini but they only had it in Ostrich (9200 Euros) RP in case anyone is interested. Will post pics later and will also update you if I am able to get a Constance as well as the Kelly, we are here for another week.

Welcome to TPF! I hope will post more frequently[emoji4]

WOW! What a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. I certainly hope have better luck this time but to find a bit of ‍♀️ dust or a ‍♀️[emoji256] I would certainly take that as well!

I sent you a Direct Message because I would love to see your the newest additions to your Hermes family!

Such a beautiful story for a beautiful Kelly, I hope you enjoy her in health, wealth and happiness for many years to come [emoji8][emoji898]

Reactions: angelyjoy
Hi All,
I just wanted to share my experience. This forum and the current offers section was a tremendous help in planning my trip to Paris. I warn you in advance the post is a little long but might be helpful as I was successful in getting my bag but not through the regular channels. I had no buying history in Europe.
We are staying at a hotel on George V, just across the street from Hermes, which was planned for easy access. I tried before I left for an appointment at FSH but was declined and signed up for the next day. Arrived on Monday and first stop was Hermes George V, the shop was beautiful but very busy. I had to wait for almost 30 minutes for a sales associate to be available. I first asked about the coin purses, as I wanted the origami coin but was told that was no longer in production and was replaced with a new mini bastia coin purse and it was her favourite. I asked if they had it in Rasin, yes but only 1 as it had just come in. I then asked if they had any purses in the Raisin, she looked asked what I was looking for and I told her a Kelly, she looted on her phone and I was pretty sure she had one, she asked what size (25-35) and HW (no preference) and she proceeded to offer me a Piocitin. I declined, I told her I was staying at a nearby hotel and would be in the city for a few days and would try again. She asked if wanted the coin purse and I said no as I was hoping to get one in a colour to match my new purse. Went back to the hotel and got the declined appointment message from FSH.
The next morning I went down to the hotel concierge to get some assistance with planning our stay in Paris. Concierge was fantastic in helping to arrange our excursions and providing suggestions. She asked about our schedule and when I told her that I was waiting to get an appointment confirmation for FSH, as I really wanted to get a Kelly on this trip she suggested I go across the street to George V. She told me FSH was a very unpleasant experience and should be avoided and guaranteed me I would have a much better experience at George V. She texted her contact asked when I wanted to go as they would see me at anytime that was convenient for me, I asked to go immediately.
When I arrived at the store the manager greeted me at the door and introduced me to my SA, who brought me back to a desk area we chatted for 15 to 20 minutes about the recent protest that had decimated the area and then she proceeded to get the details of what I wanted. She went to the stock room and then asked me to follow her upstairs to a private room where she showed me my new Raisin Kelly 32 retourne with Palladium HW, Clamence leather. She apologized that she did not have a seller style which I really wanted but was not a deal breaker. She then brought me a selection of Twilly's (selected 1) and an insert (declined) and I also purchased the coin purse and a matching card holder. In order not to take up any more of my time she told me she would package my purchases and have them delivered to my hotel. She gave me her card and told me to contact her before I come next time and they will do their best to have my selections ready for me when I arrive, wow! So excited to make this contact! I was in and out in less than 2 hours and it was a fantastic experience!
So my advice would be to talk to your hotel concierge's as they may be most helpful in getting you a coveted appointment. It was clear from the moment I arrived that I was going to get a bag. Another advantage is the time was at my discretion and there was no hanging out waiting for an SA to become available. The George V store is beautiful it just re-opened in November.
Interestingly, I got a confirmation that night for FSH (after 3 attempts) and after my purchase so not sure if the history helped secure the appointment. I still wanted a Constance so went to see what the system was like. Appointment at 1:10 moved to 4:30 then 5:10 and then to 4:00 pm- so be prepared to dedicate a day to FSH. Time arrived but had to wait 35 minutes for SA who took us upstairs asked what I wanted (Constance and Kelly cut) he asked for my name and if I had purchased a Kelly the day before I said yes and he told me I could not get a Kelly cut because it was a quota bag but he would check on the Constance, I could tell they had these in stock. Waited another 25 minutes and I thought I would get lucky but he came back and said they had sold all the Constance's they had gotten that day. He asked if I would be interested in anything else and I inquired about Roulis mini he then said "oh another popular bag". He checked on his phone and offered me a black in the full size or mini but they only had it in Ostrich (9200 Euros) RP in case anyone is interested. Will post pics later and will also update you if I am able to get a Constance as well as the Kelly, we are here for another week.

Thank you for sharing, hope you will be lucky! Great tip on checking with our concierge!

Hi :smile: I will be in Paris this Tuesday to Thursday. Since the changes of getting a appointment at FSH in the first try should I try today even when I cannot get to that appointment? After reading this thread people mostly needs 2-3 tries before an appointment is given. What do you think?

Hi :smile: I will be in Paris this Tuesday to Thursday. Since the changes of getting a appointment at FSH in the first try should I try today even when I cannot get to that appointment? After reading this thread people mostly needs 2-3 tries before an appointment is given. What do you think?

No need. After having tested the system, I would say it is completely random. Also, i’m pretty sure purchase history doesn’t matter. My husband, with no purchase history got an appointment on his first try, while I had no luck after 3 tries. If you are unsuccessful, I would either try one of the other stores or buy something from another department and get referred to the leather department at FSH. Good luck!

I’m currently Paris bound and just received my 2nd rejection (3 more attempts to go), I’m curious if any PFers here had been / are invited to Saut Hermes? Just wondering if the event is bringing a surge of VIPs to Paris and thus taking up quite a bit of appt slots? Any insight to this time period would be much appreciated!

Hello all, just want to share my FSH experience last Friday. This was my birthday trip and I planned to stay in Paris only one day to get a Birkin for my birthday gift.

Got an appointment at 10:30am and went to the store around 10:15am. Saw two small white trucks near side door and understood that there may be delivery in the morning. Upon 10:30am, the door was open, and ppl slowly walked in to second floor for checking in. I met my super nice SA, a young lady with blond hair. She asked me what I want and I clearly told her : I have K32 in Etoupe so I want Birkin 30 or 25, black, dark blue or gray. If no birkin available, K25 or 28 is good too. In addition, I would like to have a small rodeo, men's wallet in neutral color for my husband. She patiently asked me if there's no black, dark blue or gray, would dark green or chocolate color ok? also she confirmed that I prefer GHW than PHW. After she prepared Evian water for us, she walked away to check the bags. After 10-15 min, she came back with nothing in hand and invited me and my husband to the small room (VIP room i guess).

We saw one big box and several small ones on the desk. I was very happy and relieved. It was a Birkin 30 Etain, with Rose Gold Hardware!!!!!!!!! The Etain Birkin looked really gorgeous than it is in pictures on Instagram. In addition, she gave me two small rodeos, one in yellow and the other in gold. I took the yellow one, as it can match my K32 Etoupe as well as B30 Etain. She then took us to downstairs to take a look at men's wallets and choose a pair of twilly. She was always with a nice smile and very patiently to look for anything I want. I felt so lucky to have this SA and really grateful to get a Birkin 30 in neutral color (my 1. dream bag) as a birthday gift. Thanks for my dear hubby!!!!
congratz
prefect combo and size! you must be pleased :smile:

I’m currently Paris bound and just received my 2nd rejection (3 more attempts to go), I’m curious if any PFers here had been / are invited to Saut Hermes? Just wondering if the event is bringing a surge of VIPs to Paris and thus taking up quite a bit of appt slots? Any insight to this time period would be much appreciated!
Many VIPs are in Paris for Saut H and yes they probably go to the store after and their SAs are probably very busy. My SAs do go, to keep their clients company.

Reactions: Animetc
The only advice anyone can give you is to try for an appointment at FSH every day and then ask for what you want if you get an appointment. If you don't get an appointment, go to one of the other stores (or even FSH) and spent a boat load of money (10k+) on fine jewelry and then ask for a bag as well.
I just got back from Paris and would like to share my experience as I read up here before my trip. I arrived Paris 2/19, I didn’t request for appointment prior to flying as I know I won’t have time to get there and didn’t know if a no show will affect my chances later on. I started requesting for appointment using my passport only and I got one for 2/21 at 5:30pm. I had no good feeling as the appointment was so late. I was looking for b30 or k28 in epsom or Togo leather in either red, gold, grey or other neutral color. I finally met my SA a little before 6 and told her my preference. She left for 25 mins and came back with a big box, bigger than b30 or k28, it was a beautiful red b35, but it is bigger than I wanted, I kindly rejected it and tried for appointment for the remaining of my stay using my passport and my husband’s passport and didn’t get another appointment. I flew out on 2/26 morning so my last chance was 2/25 which I didn’t get an appointment. I decided to go in and help my friend to get a necklace and I was going to get a bracelet. They didn’t had the necklace my friend wants so I got a bracelet. While I was waiting to pay, I told my SA my situation and she said she can help ask the leather department if there’s anything they can do. They asked if I requested for appt and I said yes but I got rejected, they found my record and assigned me a SA. It was just passed 4pm. I was assigned to a lovely SA and I told her my preference, she left and came back around 15 mins later and carried a box that looks like it might be what I want, along with a tiny box. She said this is the last b30 left and it’s a special edition while she open up the box. Once she opened the box I recognized the same style was in one of the display glass cabinet. Dark blue was going to be my back up color and this one has two dark wine color stripes on one side. Although it wasn’t my first three choices of colors but once I tried it on, I know I need to bring this baby home and it will be my first Hermes bag! Here it is!! Hopefully other will have good luck as well! This is my first time trying to get a b or k and came home with one and a rodeo and a bracelet!
View attachment 4354589
Beautiful bag and story. Can you show or picture or both of the bracelet you got?

Reactions: bluekiss
Hi All,

Here are pics of my new raisin beauties. Sorry to be so late in posting but I have been enjoying Paris! I must say it is really difficult to get pics that show the true depth of colour. Will have to try again in natural light. I wish everyone the best of luck in getting their dream bag in the city of light and love!

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,663
  • IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,667
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,677
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,668
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1,681
Hi All,

Here are pics of my new raisin beauties. Sorry to be so late in posting but I have been enjoying Paris! I must say it is really difficult to get pics that show the true depth of colour. Will have to try again in natural light. I wish everyone the best of luck in getting their dream bag in the city of light and love!

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the wonderful city!

I was in Paris early February this year and I actually tried for an appointment the day before I actually arrived in Paris (February 12). I did not get an appointment. I tried again for February 13, and I got an appointment on that day, although it was a for a late hour (almost near closing).

Was unable to get a Kelly that I wanted. I purchased an Eveylne and a Calvi.

Tried two more times after that to get an appointment, was unsuccesful both times.

I'll be in Paris again in October, hopefully I'll be luckier this time around.