Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
View attachment 4252385 I just landed in Paris and it is now noon, Wednesday, 14 Nov. I got the following screen message earlier. Does anybody know what is going on? Is Hermes closed both today and tomorrow? Trying to get my first B or K! :smile:
I think you have to apply for the appointment when FSH is open for the next day so if they are closed today you will need to apply tomorrow for Friday.

View attachment 4252385 I just landed in Paris and it is now noon, Wednesday, 14 Nov. I got the following screen message earlier. Does anybody know what is going on? Is Hermes closed both today and tomorrow? Trying to get my first B or K! :smile:

Some members mentioned they are closed today, Nov 14.. that means anyone who registered on Nov 13 would get appts for tomorrow, Nov 15. I believe the website goes hand in hand with opening hours and days of FSH.

If you registered tomorrow, Nov 15, it'd be for Nov 16 if successful.

Best of luck for the rest of your stay!

Some members mentioned they are closed today, Nov 14.. that means anyone who registered on Nov 13 would get appts for tomorrow, Nov 15. I believe the website goes hand in hand with opening hours and days of FSH.

If you registered tomorrow, Nov 15, it'd be for Nov 16 if successful.

Best of luck for the rest of your stay!

Correct. I am also here. I tried to register for an appt and it listed Thursday. They are closed today and online appt system is also closed today. It will reopen tomorrow for Friday appts. Friday is my last day here and I’ve already been denied for Thursday. I’ll be going to both Of the other stores today to try and will walk in for cancellations tomorrow.

The flagship store is closed. You can request an appt tomorrow online for Friday. I requested an appt yesterday for today but since they are closed it said for Thursday. I was denied but maybe we can walk in and try!

The flagship store is closed. You can request an appt tomorrow online for Friday. I requested an appt yesterday for today but since they are closed it said for Thursday. I was denied but maybe we can walk in and try!

I see! I will have to try and walk in tomorrow for cancellations then. What time do people go to ask about cancellations? Do you ask one time or is it something you ask for throughout the day?

They usually tell you to come back in the afternoon. That way they will be able to tell if they had a cancellation. Sometimes if your lucky they will give you an appointment and it helps to explain the situation, that you tried to get an online appointment but you were denied. Good luck and let us know what happens

Reactions: noegirl
I see! I will have to try and walk in tomorrow for cancellations then. What time do people go to ask about cancellations? Do you ask one time or is it something you ask for throughout the day?

honestly i don’t think they really have that many cancellations. when you think about it the only way someone could cancel is going into the boutique since you can’t do it online or call, and if you are cancelling usually it’s bc you can’t make it into the boutique. so how many people would bother going in person just to cancel. if they give you an appointment it really is up to the whim of the hostess and whether they feel like helping you out or not. in the morning i feel it’s harder bc lots more ppl are around waiting for appointments. in the afternoon there are less people around and i think you have a better chance getting squeezed in.

It might not be the whim of the hostess, I know they try very hard to help. It depends on how long other customers take with their appointments and how many SAs are available too, don't you think? So if customers take ages and ages, it affects the other people around them.

True, i think it may be a 50/50 kind of situation. Because obviously they can’t try to squeeze in everyone who asks so i understand why they didn’t just give me an appointment every time i asked. I think like everything with Hermès FSH there’s a strong element of luck involved. Going when it’s less busy and finding a hostess that’s willing to give you an appointment.

The last time i went in for my last chance, i was going to buy a couple things on my wishlist and then see if whoever was helping me could help me get an appointment. Figured it would be easier than just going in cold to the hostess. But i passed by the counter and thought why not just ask and try and lo and behold i got lucky! you just never know!

Reactions: periogirl28
honestly i don’t think they really have that many cancellations. when you think about it the only way someone could cancel is going into the boutique since you can’t do it online or call, and if you are cancelling usually it’s bc you can’t make it into the boutique. so how many people would bother going in person just to cancel. if they give you an appointment it really is up to the whim of the hostess and whether they feel like helping you out or not. in the morning i feel it’s harder bc lots more ppl are around waiting for appointments. in the afternoon there are less people around and i think you have a better chance getting squeezed in.
I think people don’t walk in to cancel but probably didn’t show up, so the hostess could allocate. However, I also agree with you it’s up to the hostess to decide...just like it depends on the SA’s mood whether to allow you to buy a B + K and even a C!

Congratulations for scoring your etoupe L30, Cheryl’s!

Reactions: cherylc
I went to flagship Thursday first thing after being denied online, I looked around and see if I could get the things on my wishlist. Tried the neo boots in black, polo sneakers in black(too big) I was super bummed because I’d been looking for those for ages. I went down to SLGs and met an SA whom I ask for bastia and calvi in greens or pinks. She showed me what she had which was very little. I asked for a bag strap in 105 with gold hardware. They only had one I was looking for and I took it, while checking out, my companion asked if they had any black evelyne. I was wearing my GA with ghw evelyne. She basically told me they get very few of them in ghw but she would check. She then looked in her system and said no only black with shw in PM size. She asked if there was anything else I was looking for. I mentioned k25/28 in noir w ghw or roulis noir permabrass or halzan ghw. She said all of those were super difficult. She left came back with a halzan. She said roulis are super popular now and they have several purple and blue colors but not anything in black. She didn’t even mention Kelly. I took the halzan. I was also denied for an appt today, which is my last day. I really hit it off was an SA at the sevres store and next time I’ll see if I can get in with him directly when I visit again. I also purchased a vert vertigo calvi at sevres, as well a poncho from the petit h exhibit. I’m very happy with my haul this go around. Would have been happier with a roulis or Kelly but hey!

I posted this on the Constance thread but I will also post it here. My DH met with our SA yesterday at FSH and he got this for me - a Constance 24 in gold veau evercolor with PH. I have several Ks so I thought I would try something different. It is quite small but it is lovely. I am truly fortunate to have an SA that always comes through and a DH who is fine with that!!

IMG_1743.JPG

I posted this on the Constance thread but I will also post it here. My DH met with our SA yesterday at FSH and he got this for me - a Constance 24 in gold veau evercolor with PH. I have several Ks so I thought I would try something different. It is quite small but it is lovely. I am truly fortunate to have an SA that always comes through and a DH who is fine with that!!

View attachment 4254928
Beautiful!!! Congrats!!