Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I just got back from Paris and it is definitely a struggle trying to get an appointment if you are not there for a while. Unless of course you get lucky and can get an appointment after one or two tries.

I had emailed two SAs that have helped me in the past for an appointment but no reply. I had only 3 days in Paris and tried for an appointment every day and also got turned down each time. The first day I stopped into the store and happened to run into the SA who helped me get my first Hermès Kelly 2 years ago, she remembered me as I saw her last year as well. At that time she squeezed me in for an appointment without having do it online last year but didn’t have any stock the day I met her. This time we had a nice chat and she told me SAs aren’t supposed to take appointments outside the online system anymore because it bumps out or delays those who got appointments online. She was very nice and wished me luck.

I tried every day going in and asking if there was any appointments and was turned down. The last day I was there i went in the morning, explained i tried 3 days but am leaving tomorrow buy she said no. Went to George V but they had no bags. Decided to go back to FSH for one last ditch effort. At first the hostess (different from the morning) told me no but she said you tried the other stores and i said yes. Then she said give me your passport and told me to wait. I was so happy!

Within 10 minutes she let me go upstairs to meet a SA who I hadn’t met before. I told her I wanted a K28 or B25/30 if not a Lindy 26. She came back after 10 min and said no B or K but had L26 but in an orangey colour I didn’t like. There were black ones in the morning but they had since sold. She said there was an Etoupe Lindy 30 clemence that I actually saw being shown to a client downstairs while I was waiting. I didn’t really want a 30 since I thought it was a bit big but I have wanted a bag in etoupe forever as it’s my fav hermès colour. I decided to look at it anyways and after a bit of deliberation I took it. I am weak!!

Then when I was CDG i actually saw a Lindy 30 in gris asphalt swift leather on display! I thought omg why did I go through all that to try and get an appointment to buy a bag that was at duty free. ugh. But it’s rare to find them at dutyfree, I’ve never seen them and Ive asked before. Oh well I’m still happy with my Lindy Etoupe though I did have second thoughts about it afterwards. Maybe I should have held out for a 26 since I don’t plan on buying multiple Lindy’s. In any case what’s done is done and I will enjoy my new bag!

Love your spirit. Stick to the ones you love & purchased and actually make use of it.

Reactions: cherylc
I just got back from Paris and it is definitely a struggle trying to get an appointment if you are not there for a while. Unless of course you get lucky and can get an appointment after one or two tries.

I had emailed two SAs that have helped me in the past for an appointment but no reply. I had only 3 days in Paris and tried for an appointment every day and also got turned down each time. The first day I stopped into the store and happened to run into the SA who helped me get my first Hermès Kelly 2 years ago, she remembered me as I saw her last year as well. At that time she squeezed me in for an appointment without having do it online last year but didn’t have any stock the day I met her. This time we had a nice chat and she told me SAs aren’t supposed to take appointments outside the online system anymore because it bumps out or delays those who got appointments online. She was very nice and wished me luck.

I tried every day going in and asking if there was any appointments and was turned down. The last day I was there i went in the morning, explained i tried 3 days but am leaving tomorrow buy she said no. Went to George V but they had no bags. Decided to go back to FSH for one last ditch effort. At first the hostess (different from the morning) told me no but she said you tried the other stores and i said yes. Then she said give me your passport and told me to wait. I was so happy!

Within 10 minutes she let me go upstairs to meet a SA who I hadn’t met before. I told her I wanted a K28 or B25/30 if not a Lindy 26. She came back after 10 min and said no B or K but had L26 but in an orangey colour I didn’t like. There were black ones in the morning but they had since sold. She said there was an Etoupe Lindy 30 clemence that I actually saw being shown to a client downstairs while I was waiting. I didn’t really want a 30 since I thought it was a bit big but I have wanted a bag in etoupe forever as it’s my fav hermès colour. I decided to look at it anyways and after a bit of deliberation I took it. I am weak!!

Then when I was CDG i actually saw a Lindy 30 in gris asphalt swift leather on display! I thought omg why did I go through all that to try and get an appointment to buy a bag that was at duty free. ugh. But it’s rare to find them at dutyfree, I’ve never seen them and Ive asked before. Oh well I’m still happy with my Lindy Etoupe though I did have second thoughts about it afterwards. Maybe I should have held out for a 26 since I don’t plan on buying multiple Lindy’s. In any case what’s done is done and I will enjoy my new bag!

I know that feeling but glad at least you took the Etoupe. I've seen Lindy 30s at the airport and they are not that rare but you don't want to take the chance and pass it in case there is nothing at the airport. Would they allow you to exchange the bag at the airport since it is not a franchise store?

Reactions: cherylc
Tabbi no time no see. Congrats on your new addition. It’s very pretty. Except you did a very bad job to catch the true color. [emoji1]try again! [emoji173]️
Long time no see! :biggrin:

Congrats ! Is that the B30 or 25?

The lighting was so bad at the store but I just had to take a picture. It's a B30. Here's better one 20181107_090845.jpg

Thank you dear! I’m only after a Lindy I think... still haven’t found one since last year! Almost seems harder to find than a B or C!

Although if my SA presents a K I could be tempted (was planning a K for end year).
Hi all! This thread has been so helpful. I am going to Paris from 12/23-12/29 and am hoping to score a Xmas present for myself. Anybody know if Lindy is part of the semester quota? Hoping for a B30, but also want a Lindy. Is it possible to get both at FSH or do they need to be split up amongst different Paris stores? Thank so much!!

I know that feeling but glad at least you took the Etoupe. I've seen Lindy 30s at the airport and they are not that rare but you don't want to take the chance and pass it in case there is nothing at the airport. Would they allow you to exchange the bag at the airport since it is not a franchise store?

yup exactly. oh FOMO, i know it well. lol. well the issue was i only had the bag on me, the box and all that was in my check in so i didn’t bother asking. and to be honest the swift isn’t my first choice of leather plus it’s more expensive. i would have been just really upset if it were a L26 in a colour i wanted. oh well, figure building up my profile at FSH never hurts either.

will post a pic of my lindy later tonight!