Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Ladies have an update
Am in Amsterdam and stopped by at Hermes here—
Got a beautiful ombre lizard cdc with rose gold.
Vat is 12-16 percent here compared with 10 percent in Paris!
The SA said it is based on total amount spent.
My exotic cdc will be less than $1000 after VAT!!
I am only here until tomorrow but she did say there “are bags coming next week” when I asked— and was a darling to talk to. We discussed all the new season scarves.
Please check out Amsterdam when traveling...

Ladies I would appreciate any advice you have here. I am in Paris and I had 14 total days here. I applied for an appointment and got rejected twice and then on the third try I got an appointment for 5:25pm the times kept jumping around. The SA was a new intern but very very nice. She took town all of my preferances and even showed me 3 different Kelly sizes. After 15 minutes she came back with one box and it was just a tool box. She told me unfortunately they have no Kelly today and stock is low in August because Artisans are out of town. I didn't like that bag much but then she offered me a rose purple 2002. That bag was gorgeous so I purcahsed it. I have 4 days left here to try. Do you have any tips on how to try for a Kelly or Birkin after having bought one bag already? Thank you for your help!

Reactions: barinic
Arrived Paris on the 7th, promptly went to the George V (temp) store that we had visited last May (when we bought a belt and a couple of bracelets) No B or K, so I asked to see an Evelyne and purchased a 29 in Gris Asphalte and a twilly (my very first H leather good!) We then headed over to the FSH mothership to make an appointment (I didn’t realize we could’ve done this on-line the day before). After picking up a couple of belts and bracelets, we made an appointment and received confirmation at 7:30pm of a 10:30am appointment (the best time, as that’s when they open!) This whole time, I had been briefing my DH on how best to score a B, but had very low expectations of actually being successful. I could see he didn’t quite understand the process and his wonderment of why I was as nervous as a school girl lol We arrived right on time and were shown upstairs, where there was a long line of other 10:30am appointments. We didn’t wait long until an Asian lady sporting reddish eyeshadow and a chic blunt cut with bangs approached and asked what I was looking for. I could barely get out the words as I asked for a B or K, in 30 or 25, preferably in black, open to HW, and second choice would be any neutral, with blues and other muted colors following, but nothing too bright for my work. I could barely contain my optimism when she didn’t scoff or shake her head “no”, but instead, nodded and said she’d go check and led us away from the crowd. I could barely sit there without grinning like a Cheshire Cat while I waited in anticipation. My DH kept looking at me like, “what is WRONG with you?!” lol (As many times as I had explained the process of acquiring the elusive B or K, he still didn’t understand) When she returned with a big orange box and led us further away to an even more private area, I thought I would faint. When she pulled out a black B w GHW, I thought I would die, right there, on the spot lol My eyes widened and I couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear as I lovingly caressed this beautiful bag. She said only a B35 was available, and of course, there was NO hesitation in accepting it. We returned downstairs to look at (but didn’t buy) wallets and then picked up a twilly and a few of their limited-edition Paris-only ribbon bracelets before checking out at the cashier. At that moment, my newfound interest in Hermes turned into obsession! The next day, we checked out the Sevres store and was told stock was very low during the artisan holiday taken in August. Both the George V and Sevres store managers were most gracious and suggested we try again in 1-2 months. I am already planning our next trip to feed my addiction!
0387C1E5-45E8-4AE8-A687-35B3E6237D5D.jpeg
1E1E2F38-20A5-4001-944C-17D5E4BC7F6D.jpeg

Ladies I would appreciate any advice you have here. I am in Paris and I had 14 total days here. I applied for an appointment and got rejected twice and then on the third try I got an appointment for 5:25pm the times kept jumping around. The SA was a new intern but very very nice. She took town all of my preferances and even showed me 3 different Kelly sizes. After 15 minutes she came back with one box and it was just a tool box. She told me unfortunately they have no Kelly today and stock is low in August because Artisans are out of town. I didn't like that bag much but then she offered me a rose purple 2002. That bag was gorgeous so I purcahsed it. I have 4 days left here to try. Do you have any tips on how to try for a Kelly or Birkin after having bought one bag already? Thank you for your help!
It really depends on luck with the sa
Getting a gd sa is the key

Just keep reregistering for an appointment each day. The bag you bought wasn't a quota bag so if you are able to secure another appointment, you would be eligible for a B/K if you could get offered one.

Can I ask what will happen if you can't make it to the appointment time slot given? When you apply again for the next day, will that "no show" appoitment jeopardize the opportunity in the following days?

Can I ask what will happen if you can't make it to the appointment time slot given? When you apply again for the next day, will that "no show" appoitment jeopardize the opportunity in the following days?
No idea if they have a mechanism to addtionally penalize "no shows" but it is rumored that they deprioritze applicants who have recently been granted an appointment, regardless of the outcome. If one tries for an appointment, one should be prepared to make themselves available for the following day. If the granted hour doesn't suit you, some have had success arriving earlier in the day and explaining the situation to the hostess. Good luck.

Just keep reregistering for an appointment each day. The bag you bought wasn't a quota bag so if you are able to secure another appointment, you would be eligible for a B/K if you could get offered one.
I have tried for two days now and have not gotten appointments. It seems that building a relationship with your local SA will score you a bag. Everyone on here seems to tell success stories but that has been far from my experience and I have purchased purses, scarfs, shoes, and bracelets on this trip.

Reactions: doloresmia and ayc
Arrived Paris on the 7th, promptly went to the George V (temp) store that we had visited last May (when we bought a belt and a couple of bracelets) No B or K, so I asked to see an Evelyne and purchased a 29 in Gris Asphalte and a twilly (my very first H leather good!) We then headed over to the FSH mothership to make an appointment (I didn’t realize we could’ve done this on-line the day before). After picking up a couple of belts and bracelets, we made an appointment and received confirmation at 7:30pm of a 10:30am appointment (the best time, as that’s when they open!) This whole time, I had been briefing my DH on how best to score a B, but had very low expectations of actually being successful. I could see he didn’t quite understand the process and his wonderment of why I was as nervous as a school girl lol We arrived right on time and were shown upstairs, where there was a long line of other 10:30am appointments. We didn’t wait long until an Asian lady sporting reddish eyeshadow and a chic blunt cut with bangs approached and asked what I was looking for. I could barely get out the words as I asked for a B or K, in 30 or 25, preferably in black, open to HW, and second choice would be any neutral, with blues and other muted colors following, but nothing too bright for my work. I could barely contain my optimism when she didn’t scoff or shake her head “no”, but instead, nodded and said she’d go check and led us away from the crowd. I could barely sit there without grinning like a Cheshire Cat while I waited in anticipation. My DH kept looking at me like, “what is WRONG with you?!” lol (As many times as I had explained the process of acquiring the elusive B or K, he still didn’t understand) When she returned with a big orange box and led us further away to an even more private area, I thought I would faint. When she pulled out a black B w GHW, I thought I would die, right there, on the spot lol My eyes widened and I couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear as I lovingly caressed this beautiful bag. She said only a B35 was available, and of course, there was NO hesitation in accepting it. We returned downstairs to look at (but didn’t buy) wallets and then picked up a twilly and a few of their limited-edition Paris-only ribbon bracelets before checking out at the cashier. At that moment, my newfound interest in Hermes turned into obsession! The next day, we checked out the Sevres store and was told stock was very low during the artisan holiday taken in August. Both the George V and Sevres store managers were most gracious and suggested we try again in 1-2 months. I am already planning our next trip to feed my addiction!
View attachment 4166655
View attachment 4166656

Congrats! Would love to see the ribbon bracelets too!

Ladies have an update
Am in Amsterdam and stopped by at Hermes here—
Got a beautiful ombre lizard cdc with rose gold.
Vat is 12-16 percent here compared with 10 percent in Paris!
The SA said it is based on total amount spent.
My exotic cdc will be less than $1000 after VAT!!
I am only here until tomorrow but she did say there “are bags coming next week” when I asked— and was a darling to talk to. We discussed all the new season scarves.
Please check out Amsterdam when traveling...

There's no need to reply to this post.

This thread is for Paris stores only.
Please try to confine your discussion to the topic as outlined in the title or first post, TY.

I have tried for two days now and have not gotten appointments. It seems that building a relationship with your local SA will score you a bag. Everyone on here seems to tell success stories but that has been far from my experience and I have purchased purses, scarfs, shoes, and bracelets on this trip.
Fair point, not everyone has success at FSH. By local SA you mean not Paris? I think Hermes generally prefers customers to shop their local store, everything you have bought would count toward your purchase history.

Dear, like @periogirl28 said, not everyone is successful at FSH, but if I were you, I would show up there everyday promptly at 10:30 and speak nice and politely to the hostess to help you with another opportunity to get your dream bag.

I didn’t get it even on my 4th try but my sis and mom got it on 3rd. My mom has no history but my sis and I have history.