Official Faure le Page Thread

14-Month Wear and Tear Quality Update/Review for the Faure Le Page Daily Battle
Hi everyone, I've used my Daily Battle 28 in steel gray for 14 months straight for work and I wanted to do an update on the wear/quality. I used it heavily, overstuffed it, put it on the ground, and overall it lasted really well. There was loss of stiffness in the canvas, and though it still stand up on its own it slouches in on itself quite a bit. Otherwise the canvas is perfect, no holes or wearing thin or fading of the print. The leather is great as well; the only change is the handles have softened and the grain smoothed out from where I carried it every day in my hand.

Excuse me for the multiple posts - I don't know how to post a photo and then caption it all in one post!

Attachments

• DDAC63EC-6CE7-467F-A29F-645F53B777AC.jpeg
    DDAC63EC-6CE7-467F-A29F-645F53B777AC.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 1,493
The edge paint (only the straps have edge paint) has cracked but not all around, just the most stressed parts of the straps. Again, I overstuffed it and the functionality of the bag is not any worse for the cracked edge paint. It is something to be aware of though, as I do have other bags without cracked edge paint and I know some people don't like to see the cracked edge paint, but it is inevitable with this bag.

Attachments

• DADA4FED-B0C5-41C2-92DF-CC46BD2B7BD6.jpeg
    DADA4FED-B0C5-41C2-92DF-CC46BD2B7BD6.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,420
I think the worst aspect in the FLP bags is the stitching and edge construction. While it has lasted fairly well and have only seen one stitch fraying, at some parts it looks a bit sloppy. They really should have included turned edges. You can see on the canvas lining is starting to fray around the sewing on the piping because they didn't do the seams well. The interior corner stitching is sloppy as well. Aside from the fraying, I haven't had any problems though.

Attachments

• 9B598E4E-DF75-49D5-B52B-F117478224A1.jpeg
    9B598E4E-DF75-49D5-B52B-F117478224A1.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 9C23B770-E27F-4FC7-842E-76B24CCE1C4A.jpeg
    9C23B770-E27F-4FC7-842E-76B24CCE1C4A.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 1,438
To wrap up, I would still recommend the bag. The leather and canvas materials are very good and sturdy, the price is very doable compared to other brands, and it's super unique. I think I've seen three other FLP bags in NYC, compared to the daily onslaught of Longchamp, LV, and Goyard. I would get it sooner rather than later because I don't think it'll be worth it with price increases. Overall, I think the wear and tear is natural except for the fraying seams.

I hope this was informative and helpful in helping any TPFers decide whether to get a FLP tote or not!

Attachments

• 637D846A-EB04-4D59-9B54-539C32E361D9.jpeg
    637D846A-EB04-4D59-9B54-539C32E361D9.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 1,415
14-Month Wear and Tear Quality Update/Review for the Faure Le Page Daily Battle
Hi everyone, I've used my Daily Battle 28 in steel gray for 14 months straight for work and I wanted to do an update on the wear/quality. I used it heavily, overstuffed it, put it on the ground, and overall it lasted really well. There was loss of stiffness in the canvas, and though it still stand up on its own it slouches in on itself quite a bit. Otherwise the canvas is perfect, no holes or wearing thin or fading of the print. The leather is great as well; the only change is the handles have softened and the grain smoothed out from where I carried it every day in my hand.

Excuse me for the multiple posts - I don't know how to post a photo and then caption it all in one post!

Thank you for taking the time to do such a thorough and helpful review! I have one that I haven't used as much and I have noticed some light wear to the piping around the corners too. But, like you, I still love the bag for the quality of the canvas and its uniqueness.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi all, does anyone have any idea about the prices in Tokyo?

Was wondering if it'd be cheaper to order it directly or wait till I get to Tokyo.
Hi munchkins,
I was in Tokyo this past summer and was going to buy the daily battle zipper version. However, after researching and contacting the Paris boutique on the prices, it turned out the prices in Japan was almost double! So I ended up ordering directly from Paris instead of buying in Tokyo. I'm basing this on US$ so hopefully that'll give you some guidance. I love the bag and it fits all my essentials.

Does anyone have the latest price for the Daily Battle tote? I emailed them 2 days ago, but haven't heard back.

They are usually prompt with their response, specifically Louise. I sent her an email Sunday evening to let her know that my son will be in Paris on Tuesday she responded by Monday morning. It is 3 a.m. right now and my son had me on Face Time as Louise took the time to show me different items and model them for me. She was incredibly sweet and patient as my son gave me a tour through Face Time. :smile: