Official Faure le Page Thread

I like to follow news about the FLP brand. The buzz in business media has been quiet, but I ran across this article about litigation in the French courts between Goyard and FLP. Courts ruled in favor of Faure le Page in both cases.
1 instance regarding Goyard exercising its influence to force FLP's relocation away from Goyard to an unfavorable space in Osaka Hankyu dept store, the other regarding the canvas logos.

Reactions: lovethe1urwith
Courts ruled in favor of Faure le Page in both cases.
1 instance regarding Goyard exercising its influence to force FLP's relocation away from Goyard to an unfavorable space in Osaka Hankyu dept store, the other regarding the canvas logos.
Interesting! The article won't open for me because I don't have the subscription, but basically courts ruled that FLP's logo is not a ripoff of Goyard?

Interesting! The article won't open for me because I don't have the subscription, but basically courts ruled that FLP's logo is not a ripoff of Goyard?
Hi bellebellebelle19! Yes, according to this quote from the article, I believe it refers to the logo. Goyard was ordered to pay, too.
"Meanwhile, in a separate legal decision also dating back to 2015, Paris’ Superior Court rejected G’s claims that FLP practiced unfair competition and trademark infringement and ordered the company to pay Fauré Le Page 20,000 euro. That case centered on the two firms’ logo canvas."

I just found the full legal details (in French, but Google Translate gives a decent english translation): https://www.doctrine.fr/d/TGI/Paris/2015/INPIM20150056

Last edited:
I just found the full legal details (in French, but Google Translate gives a decent english translation): https://www.doctrine.fr/d/TGI/Paris/2015/INPIM20150056
That was a super interesting read. I know nothing about law so it was really dense to me, but from what I read Goyard made a lot of accusations and demands of FLP, and the court dismissed them all. It's interesting to think about originality in fashion and there are lots of threads on it here, and it's even more interesting that the court ruled against Goyard's demands. To me, I think the brands are two different beasts. There's a lot of coated canvas out there in the market, and different brands have their different merits and flaws.

Reactions: KMARIEA and bernz84