Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBurgh, Tucker is so fortunate to have you as his owner and Tildy will have her turn.

My kids had a blast tonight and so did I!
Grandmommie, you will have to give us a full report on the Red Velvet Balls, wonder if they will be as good as the ones at the Plaza Hotel, those were the best I've ever had! :love:

We just came back from dinner and hiding in the basement of a friend's home. We watched a very high brow movie there....Step Brothers.

Last year we gave away 25 pounds of candy, maybe more, to at least 300 kids. Not in the Halloween mood this year.

Yikes, that's a lot of trick or treaters, I think I'd hide in the basement too. :smile:

I know it was hard jburgh, but you made the right decision maybe not the easiest decision. Keep us posted. :heart:

We had our first snow last night.
boewu20.gif

We had our first snow last night.
boewu20.gif

How deep was it? Any pictures? I sort of miss the snow. Seattle is supposed to get lots this year. I bought 2 snow shovels last month so we are prepared this time. The last big snow here was 2 years ago in December, we had 8 inches. Even with that, the city is completely paralyzed. I saw someone trying to dig out his car with a pancake turner.

sbelle, let's pray for a milder winter this year! This my 20th and last winter living on top of the driveway from H***. I will say I got religion. I prayed going down that I wouldn't slide into the stream at the bottom and I prayed going up that I'd make it.

How deep was it? Any pictures? I sort of miss the snow. Seattle is supposed to get lots this year. I bought 2 snow shovels last month so we are prepared this time. The last big snow here was 2 years ago in December, we had 8 inches. Even with that, the city is completely paralyzed. I saw someone trying to dig out his car with a pancake turner.

i remember this... rather i remember missing this. i was in nicaragua at the time.

sbelle, let's pray for a milder winter this year! This my 20th and last winter living on top of the driveway from H***. I will say I got religion. I prayed going down that I wouldn't slide into the stream at the bottom and I prayed going up that I'd make it.

yes! after all the crazy weather: a summer hot as hell, tornadoes, trees being toppled... we deserve it.

i didn't realize temps were going dip so low (mid 30's); i rushed out of the apt in a tshirt and a thin sweater. thank goodness i keep long gloves in my bag.

I won't tell my kids, they will want us to drive North and take them skiing this weekend.

Luckily it was just a light blanket of snow and it all was gone by early afternoon. No more snow in the forecast this week either.

I have not gotten used to the amount of snow here. The total snowfall during the winter isn't what gets me. It's that it snows 3-4 days a week. Every week. One we have our first snowfall of a couple inches I won't see the ground outside my house until the end of March!

Status
Not open for further replies.