Ode to the Picotin

My heart says yes, my wallet screams no :giggle: I’m usually pretty comfortable rocking a women bag but idk about carrying a picotin. :whut: I’ve been trying to find pictures of guys carrying picotin. I also tried the halzan but the strap is too short for crossbody. I guess I will have to stick with the B or Evelyne. :frown:
Digging the thread a bit, I found this post and I completely relate to it! I’m a guy as well, and besides loving bags (and assuming bags are completely gender-free), I did a lot of research on Picotin and men wearing it. In the end of the day, I can affirm the Picotin was definitely designed for me! No regrets at all! Leaving my 1 cent for the next gent :smile:

N.B: already hunting for a size up in Gold, Étoupe or Gris Meyer to be my everyday bag!

BD30BD8F-4E1E-46A7-9718-95F2370C4AFC.jpeg

I have a cargo 18 and I adore it. Mine is navy canvas with black swift. The only caveat is that I wouldn’t keep my phone in the outside pockets bc they are relatively shallow and open. But the outside pockets are great for hotel key cards, and other things like that

H toile is extremely sturdy. But I actually believe felt is even sturdier after a conversation I had with the manager of Moroso, a high end furniture store than does a lot of commercial (hotel, retail, and other) furnishings. In a dark color, I wouldn’t hesitate to take it out in a light drizzle or light snow, though I would avoid getting most expensive bags drenched.

IMO, if you use a card case and a smaller sunglass case (I use the dior accordion case and a valextra universal eye glass case), pico 18 holds quite a bit.
thinking about accepting an offer for a Cargo Picotin 18 in bleu nuit cargo. May you please share a picture of yours? ty

Amazing Ty! So helpful to see pics. Do you love the cargo over the all leather pico?
They’re different. I have a barenia pico, a felt pico, a cargo pico, and a clemence TGM pico.
I wear the cargo Spring- early fall with summer being peak usage. The felt pico comes out in fall-early spring,
with winter being peak season. They’re more seasonal. The leather ones are year round.

ETA: I am a fan of mixed media bags (canvas toile/leather; felt/leather etc. these tend t9 be sportier and more casual)

I finally got my 7RP insert for my Picotin 18s. I love it. Again, I am a bit of a queen of buying bag organizers that I give away/throw away/sit in my closet, but 7RP inserts have all worked out perfectly.

I like the Picotin slouch, but not how the unlined leather gets fuzz on certain items in my bag, so thus, the insert.

The 7RP fits nicely. In the below picture, I have the insert in my black Clemence leather bag. The green Maurice leather bag has no insert.

View attachment 5609643View attachment 5609644View attachment 5609645
is this vert jade? obsessed w/this color but can't find. when did you get?

obsessed with this color-was it hard to get/find?

Pure luck. I walked into H (had just moved from Europe so this is was my first time in this H store and I had no profile) to ask about a strap for the Kelly I had at the time. They didn't have anything and as I was leaving the store, I was asked if I wanted a bag. A green bag. Green bags are my favorite so I left with the Jade Picotin. This was last summer.

Reactions: violetkool
Pure luck. I walked into H (had just moved from Europe so this is was my first time in this H store and I had no profile) to ask about a strap for the Kelly I had at the time. They didn't have anything and as I was leaving the store, I was asked if I wanted a bag. A green bag. Green bags are my favorite so I left with the Jade Picotin. This was last summer.
so amazing, the best color!

Reactions: AdidaB
What leather Hermes usually uses in black Picotin 22 if not Clemence? I prefer in Picotin more structured shape and I fear that the bag gets too slouchy over time, and I have understood that there is leather options sometimes available?

Hi, I would love to see your 2+ year old Picotin 18's (ideally in Clemence). I'm considering picking one up and would love to know how it visually slouches over the years. Preferably, with an insert. Thanks!