New Louis Vuitton Spring 2006 Limited Edition Monogram Perforated Collection!!

Do you like the new Perforated Monogram Collection??

• Love it!

• Hate it!

• Indifferent (blah).

Results are only viewable after voting.
kathyrose said:
I don't like it. It reminds me of mesh too much and I start thinking of those guys in the "I'm Too Sexy" video.

omg... thanks for reminding everyone of that guy... lol...just when I had finally got that image out of my head...lol

As for the perf I want to like it... and I was at LV and I looked at the speedy and I tried so hard to fall in love with it... but I just can't. I put my name down for a pochette anyway because I know if I don't get something in it I'll regret it down the road. I like the wallet but they only had the pink... and I really don't like pink.

My problem with it is that it seems like everyone can see everything you have in your bag...and I don't really like that idea. Perf owners please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm happy for all of you that have the perf and love it... I just wish I could love it as much as you do. :sad2:

You CAN'T see what's in the perforated bag. The holes are too small. You can tell that there are items in the bag because no light gets through those areas, but that's it. The bigger holes are backed by the alantra pocket lining.
You could fill the Speedy with secret stuff - tampons? condoms? naked photos of your significant other! No one would know.

BagLady14 said:
You CAN'T see what's in the perforated bag. The holes are too small. You can tell that there are items in the bag because no light gets through those areas, but that's it. The bigger holes are backed by the alantra pocket lining.
You could fill the Speedy with secret stuff - tampons? condoms? naked photos of your significant other! No one would know.

lol..Thanks for the info! I don't want to put anything overly weird or secretive in my bag, but I don't really want to advertise what's in it either. It's just that when you look at it you can see all the light that comes through it and I think it's a bit decieving. Maybe if they get the Musette of the Demi Lune in...I already have 2 speedys so I don't think I really need another right now.

I already have a Speedy, too, so I didn't even consider that one. Also the Speedy is a 30. I don't know it that would be too big? Never really had access to one to try it out. Mine is the 25.

Both mine are 25's too and the 30 seems oddly large. I think it was probably just because I'm used to a smaller ones. I didn't actually pick it up by the handles and look in the mirror or anything because I pretty much knew it wasn't for me. I do like of like the pochette though.

I see you have the Demi Lune... I can't remember does it come in the green as well? I'm kind of leaning towards the green for some reason though I really like the orange too.

The Demi Lune only comes in orange. When I ordered it I specified orange, and they told me that's the only color it comes in anyway. Everything else is available in all three colors.
I like comfortable summer sandals like Naot and Dansko and I have a new pair of each brand in sort of orange/apricot.
I probably won't use this bag until summer, unless I decide to take it on vacation in April (Barbados trip).

BagLady14 said:

I agree as I purchased the speedy in pink today and my SA filled it with wallets & purses to see if we could see through it and you can't. It is a fun bag and will be great for S/S:biggrin: I also loved the plat...much bigger IRL.

Indifferent.. I like some of the bags, but some look just.. awful.. I was really hoping for something else for the spring collection. The cerises of last year were much better IMO.

Last year when the Cerises line came out everyone hated them for the first two months. They said ' who ever said brown and red go good together", and "why would anyone want fruit on their handbag". As far as the perforated bags, I bought one. I'll use it for a while, if I decide it doesn't work out or I get tired of the style, I know I can get most of my money back reselling, just because it's an LV. What I'm curious about is how they will look over time. I think the bright light leather is too loud on some LV styles and they look better when the leather has darkened a little. I think the Perfo Speedy will look better with darker leather because they already have enough detail going on without that bright white leather trim. Time will tell.

I'm not crazy about the perforated bags. The green and pink colour scheme is fine, but those holes are pointless.

I don't know how well they're selling. Probably varies from store to store.