My Love bracelet broke!!!

Sorry to hear about your bracelet. I got mine in 2010 and have never taken it off since and nor have I tightened the screws. Btw, what is the difference between the old screw system and the new one?

I have had mine for a couple of months, (new screw system), and had my SA do the
tightening of the screws. I could see that he was really making them very tight. I have
not taken it off, and to date have not had a problem. I guess I have been very lucky,
though at this point, I would be afraid to take it off and screw it back on myself after
reading your experiences.

Thanks everyone. I can't believe how many people have had the same problem.
I will update when I hear more.
Just saw your thread...terrible! I'd be pissed, too!!! We are not talking about an average piece of jewelry, here. These bracelets are damn expensive!
This sounds like a design flaw...you should get a new (hopefully old screw style) bracelet.
Yea, keep us posted and good luck!

Ok guys...I am another unlucky one. I have had my wg old screw system bracelet for 4 years and have NEVER had to tighten it...not even once. 3 weeks ago I got a rg bracelet, new screw system....and today while i was driving, the thing completely opened up on my wrist!!!! it was literally hanging off!! I am shocked! I thought I was the only person this happened too but I am soooo happy that I'm not the only one. I want the old screw system back =( do the stores still have any? I'm going into cartier tomorrow but I'm afraid of what they might say. and i don't want to deal with this every month. I just want it to stay on forever like my other one. I'm so upset!!!!!!!

I am waiting for my new LOVE. My store is replacing it , but I am worried it will happen again. I mean , look at this thread. It is very common!

Now I must wait for them to locate a bracelet for me. I really hope this does not happen to my piece again. I was in NYC Cartier and the sa there said she sees them come in for repair quite a bit. ( new screw system) and they are aware of the problem. ( corporate) They do the repairs in the same building.

I am waiting for my new LOVE. My store is replacing it , but I am worried it will happen again. I mean , look at this thread. It is very common!

Now I must wait for them to locate a bracelet for me. I really hope this does not happen to my piece again. I was in NYC Cartier and the sa there said she sees them come in for repair quite a bit. ( new screw system) and they are aware of the problem. ( corporate) They do the repairs in the same building.

I'm glad you're getting a new one. Are they finding you the old screw system ?

I would ask them to hunt down one with the old screw system for you. Like I said before, they are out there because mine was purchased just last month at a boutique and is the old system.

So when I went in I talked to the manager. Yes they knew exactly what happened and why it is happening because they have seen it before. The manager told me that with the new screw system you just need to check it more. I said that I don't like that because with my other one I never had to do that and I don't want to have to worry about it. So they said lets have ny check it out and make sure it's ok. So that's what they did. I asked them about gluing the screws in and they do it at the store. I'm going to do that when I get my bracelet back. Also I asked them if there were any older bracelets in the company and they said no. They are all gone. :sad:

SophiaLee said:
I would ask them to hunt down one with the old screw system for you. Like I said before, they are out there because mine was purchased just last month at a boutique and is the old system.

What boutique did you get yours from?? Why did they tell me that? I'm so upset! I guess I'm stuck with the new one. They also said they would not exchange or refund my money. :sad: