My listings removed for saying "like new"!!!

^^well the thing about the word "like" is that whatever word you put after it, "like" 'new', 'Louis Vuitton', 'Chanel', etc. . . . IS keyword spamming.
And if Sellers would stop for a moment and TRULY think about what happens when Buyers do a search, they'd understand.
I'm a buyer AND a seller and it completely makes sense to me.
I don't have extra time to sift through all the people trying to sell their "like" new ______ when all I really want IS a 100% NEW _________.
KWIM?

I completely agree w/ this eBay rule.
As a Seller, I can understand that it makes a little more work for us, having to think up a slightly different phrase and all, but as a Buyer I appreciate it.

I totally agree. I never thought of it myself, though. I have a Chanel ending tomorrow and I just revised my title so it doesn't say that. Thanks everyone for the heads up!

Mos, thanks for the link - I really wish I would've read your thread before listing! I've listed "like new" before and nothing has happened. I've been a member of ebay forever and this is totally new to me. Sorry it happened to you too. After reading everyone's thoughts, it makes sense - it's just that I didn't mean to.

aprilvalentine - I'm glad this saved someone the headache!!! OT - your baby is too cute!

The word "new" is a specific word objected to by the Gucci Group and the LV Corporation - as well. You can't sell "new" unless you are a licensed retailer. So saying "like new" or "as if new" is too close, for eBay's comfort. It is also keyword spamming - two strikes and they caught you.

I don't like "Mint." I wouldn't use it. We bought a "mint" piece of audio equipment that the seller said had never been out of the box, etc., etc. It was NOT mint. In fact, most store-opened or displayed units are no longer MINT. Mint means in the pristine condition that one obtains an object directly from the manufacturer. If it's even been handled too much - it's not mint any more. Mint means "truly unused." If you use mint, you should say in your listing, "Never used except to zip and unzip the zipper one time to see if it worked" (seriously - you can't ship a thing out without checking to see if it works!)

"Near mint" is fine - but for selling purposes, I like "pristine" or "flawless" or "superb condition" or something like that. Better yet - put as much of the actual item description in the listing title and forget about the rest:

2006 S/S Carmel/Cognac Balenciaga Twiggy w/all accessories

or something like that.

With receipt is even better. Telling when and where you bought something, in the listing copy, is even bettr than "like new" to me.

I listed 5 things a few days ago. I already had one taken down because I said sellers could send concealed cash - fair enough, probably my mistake. I paid extra to re-list that item.

Now I've had another taken down for Keyword Spamming because I put 'AS NEW' in the title. This item had bids on which is really f***ing annoying! :cursing:

What do I do? Appeal? Re-list and lose the buyer?

I listed 5 things a few days ago. I already had one taken down because I said sellers could send concealed cash - fair enough, probably my mistake. I paid extra to re-list that item.

Now I've had another taken down for Keyword Spamming because I put 'AS NEW' in the title. This item had bids on which is really f***ing annoying! :cursing:

What do I do? Appeal? Re-list and lose the buyer?

Be careful when you relist the items because if they get pull again ebay might suspend your account.

Just relist it and put take out the 'as new' or 'like new'. It is the word 'new' that is considered keyword spamming. I got hit with this once too. There is no appeal. Just relist....your bidders will find you.

I believe you can get away with 'gently used' or 'near mint'