My listings removed for saying "like new"!!!

Just relist it and put take out the 'as new' or 'like new'. It is the word 'new' that is considered keyword spamming. I got hit with this once too. There is no appeal. Just relist....your bidders will find you.

I believe you can get away with 'gently used' or 'near mint'

Ebay told me that it was the words "like" or "as" when used in conjunction with a brand name. Mint is fine, and if it is new, I just use NWT or NWOT. Those are never pulled. Just relist and take "like new" out of the title. If the listing was removed for so-called key word spamming, once that is gone, you should be fine. :tup:

You can put like new in the description, though, when you are describing condition. I've never had a problem with the title, but I only put NEW in it when something is brand new and unused.

Most the items I sell are new, and I use New in the title without a problem, new is new (if the item is) and not spamming. It is spamming when you are selling a used item and you list it "like new" or "as new" in the title because when people search for "new" items "like new" and "as new" will come up in the search and they are not new.

See the problem is you must have a clear cut description of the condition. Because if someone were to dispute the listing, your description is not clear cut. An item can only be either NEW or NOT NEW.

Used can be described as "Excellent" or "good condition" or "fairly used" or "preowned" or "gently used" "preloved" ... "mint" etc... your pick

You can only list NEW when the item is really new like store-bought NEW.

See I thought that's what the 'show new items only' filter was for.
I know I was in the wrong but it's bloody annoying as I've lost a bidder now and she doesn't seem to have come back :rolleyes:

:cursing: one day before the auction ended, listing pulled for "keyword spamming"

Apparently this phrase "As good as new" is not allowable.
Hoping this won't affect the other items I have up for sale :sweatdrop:

No bidders anyway, but :cursing:

I personally don't like "pre-loved" kuz it doesn't tell me anything about the condition of the item and it's just to cutsy for me. I've used like-new many times, but never on the title.