My listings removed for saying "like new"!!!

Just because you said "like" in your title!!

Why is it when there are really bad fakes etc on eBay they don't remove them but for honest ebayers they are very quick to act.

Its getting depressing.

They really are like new, I've only used them once or twice. I'm coming down off the ceiling, but am still upset. I just don't get it - pick on someone selling fakes!!
Thanks for the sympathy....

Kirsten - you have 3 pugs!!!! That's so great, they're adorable! Aren't they the best?!

I remember seeing a previous thread mentioned about the "Like New" issue. People search for New items don't like to see "Like New" item come out from the search. I believe that's why eBay removed it.

You may consider adding that comments in the sub-title instead of the Subject, or simple use LN.

I remember seeing a previous thread mentioned about the "Like New" issue. People search for New items don't like to see "Like New" item come out from the search. I believe that's why eBay removed it.

You may consider adding that comments in the sub-title instead of the Subject, or simple use LN.

Yes, there is a long thread about this.

Personally, as a buyer, I hate to see "Like New" because to me its either new or its not. And when I search for NEW, I want to see NEW. I dont buy used things.

If an item is used even once, it is no longer new.

Maybe change it to say "Excellent used condition" ;)

"Like new" in the auction title is considered key word spamming and a manipulation of the eBay search engine. Buyers who only want to view new items have to wade through those with "like new" in the title.

Your auctions were pulled because someone reported them. eBay doesn't police the auctions themselves for things like key word spamming, but rely on member reports. They look at the report and if there is a violation they may pull the auction. It is possible that it was pulled late in the auction because no one reported it until then.

Once they pulled an auction of mine for a completely bogus reason. I never relisted the item. I just kept it.
I usually use excellent condition.
Ebay can be crazy sometimes. They punish the good with the bad, it is sort of like being back in school where the teacher punishes the whole class for something you have nothing to do with.

I wonder if Ebay's real problem is with the word "like" in the title for a different reason. They may be striking down auctions for bags that are described as "Like Louis Vuitton" in their titles (or like any other name brand). In other words, fakers may be using it for replicas... and that might be Ebay's thinking. And of course they aren't going to take the time to see if the bag is "like new" or "like name brand." ;)

I never had any listings removed but I DID have an unhappy buyer because I put "New" in the title of my auction.
I had only put it in there because that particular dvd season of the show had only come out about a week before I started my auction. However, I clearly stated in the description that the set had been "watched once" and showed a picture of the opened case and disks. The buyer got it and emailed me saying she wasn't happy because I stated "new" in the auction and the set was opened and she had wanted to give the set as a gift. I do realize it now that I shouldn't have put that in there but I DID show a picture of it opened and described it as watched once so I thought that was sufficient. I offered her a refund but she just said she thought her sister would like it as is. Oh well she left me a positive but just said something like, "read carefully!" and I was just thinking to myself, I don't put that much writing in my terms and as a buyer I always read everything completely so I figured others would too.
I just chalked it up to a lesson learned.

Lesson learned I guess. I didn't realize it was such a big issue and I definitely didn't mean to piss anybody off. A fair warning would've been nice, but whatever. Now I know!
Thanks for the feedback all..... :smile:

^^well the thing about the word "like" is that whatever word you put after it, "like" 'new', 'Louis Vuitton', 'Chanel', etc. . . . IS keyword spamming.
And if Sellers would stop for a moment and TRULY think about what happens when Buyers do a search, they'd understand.
I'm a buyer AND a seller and it completely makes sense to me.
I don't have extra time to sift through all the people trying to sell their "like" new ______ when all I really want IS a 100% NEW _________.
KWIM?

I completely agree w/ this eBay rule.
As a Seller, I can understand that it makes a little more work for us, having to think up a slightly different phrase and all, but as a Buyer I appreciate it.