My first LV bag purchase left me with million questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, you did it correctly and I didn't... I didn't do my research. I just walked in one day because I passed that boutique so many times on my lunch break and fell in love with Riveting bag. That was it. Love the edgy style, unhappy with the service and for the price I paid, I really don't want it copied. So I asked a simple question: is it LE? If it's not I may reconsider or I may save up to get it in the next few months? The SA said, that she has no clue and they only have one left. So what do I do? Freak out and get it. But still have lingering questions. Why do I have to deconstruct the bag to see the serial number while it's right there staring at me from my Gucci? Just odd... Why would anyone in their right mind deconstruct a $2k bag??? Good lord.

You're not "deconstructing" the bag. The date code is on an interior flap or on the d ring or somewhere in plain sight. I don't have a Rivet bag, so I don't know where it is, but it's not hard to find. I'm sure one of the ladies on the forum with one, would be glad to tell you where it was.:yes:

You're not "deconstructing" the bag. The date code is on an interior flap or on the d ring or somewhere in plain sight. I don't have a Rivet bag, so I don't know where it is, but it's not hard to find. I'm sure one of the ladies on the forum with one, would be glad to tell you where it was.:yes:

I'm too lazy to get off my butt and grab my bag. LOL

Hey Guccidiva....Do you have a camera or cell phone you can take a pic of the bag on and maybe we can tell you where to find the date code. It depends on the inside of the bag.

Still waiting to see a picture of your bag.................:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Something is funny here.....

What's funny? The pics of the Riveting have been in a few threads here already, why do I need to post the pic? I can, I just don't understand why? Is it a requirement for being on LV forum? Besides the thread isn't so much about the Riveting but about the service, the confusion and my inability to see the difference between the real and the "mirror image". Why jump on me? I never said I was an LV expert. This is my first LV bag, for crissakes.

gucci,
THat bag is so very pretty! Congrats on getting it. Blow everything else off and enjoy it.
Welcome to tpf...but be prepared...as this place will soon get you to buying more!

What's funny? The pics of the Riveting have been in a few threads here already, why do I need to post the pic? I can, I just don't understand why? Is it a requirement for being on LV forum? Besides the thread isn't so much about the Riveting but about the service, the confusion and my inability to see the difference between the real and the "mirror image". Why jump on me? I never said I was an LV expert. This is my first LV bag, for crissakes.
Why so defensive??? We love seeing lots and lots of pics here. I just thought we could help you locate the date code.
But of course you can't take a pic because you are :nuts:

I agree - this is really odd! I too would like to see a picture of this bag!

I keep thinking on the words "deconstruct" the bag to get at the date code. Doesn't sound like something an SA would say - unless English clearly wasn't her native tongue and she didn't understand the use of the word at all - odd for a Macy's LV sales assistant.

What made me laugh is it almost sounds liks dismantling a bomb or something. I keep thinking of the "Mission Impossible" theme in the background, as the clock ticks down, down, down - towards total "DECONSTRUCTION!"

Course - with a fake - just wait a month or two - it will do it for you on its own! LOL!

:popcorn:

I'm with Savvy, something's not right here.:weird:

I agree. I have a receipt with over $2k amount on it and can't find the freaking datecode or whatever it's called. The SA was UNABLE to show me one. WHY? Does this bother anyone? Hello, LV experts? Maybe I should stick to Gucci:smile: But I already have one and that's enough for me.

On the interior compartment of your rivets, there is a cell phone pouch and another next to it. The date code is on a piece of leather in that second pouch next to the cell phone one.

Status
Not open for further replies.