My first LV bag purchase left me with million questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"buying fakes is illegal..."

I thought selling fakes is illegal not buying?? It's capitalism, if someone can make the same thing for less, they win. Competition, I guess.

"Your neighbor is not fooling anybody in the long run."

Actually she fools everyone. The bag is identical in every respect and she's had it for at least a year, carries it everywhere and it looks amazing. Not a single person has a clue. I do but I don't tell anyone I personally know.

If I can recall correctly, the multicolor line was supposed to be LE but went on to be a permanent addition, so for now it might be LE but who knows. Also, Luv my bags is right, ANY bag can be copied. There are many ways to authenticate a handbag. Browse through the "Authenticate this LV" thread to learn more about it.

I thought selling fakes is illegal not buying?? It's capitalism, if someone can make the same thing for less, they win. Competition, I guess.

Actually she fools everyone. The bag is identical in every respect and she's had it for at least a year, carries it everywhere and it looks amazing. Not a single person has a clue. I do but I don't tell anyone I personally know.

I think it's an insult that your comparing conterfeit items that support child labor, terrorism, drug markets, unfair employment, loss in national money, etc to an authentic Louis Vuitton bag. I hope you didn't have this attitude towards the sales associate at Louis Vuitton.

Lainie63:

Are you sure?? It appears like it but the SA didn't know and told me that "they aren't told if the bag is LE"... Well, aren't they told by LV? And why can't they find out for me who just dropped over $2K for it??? I mean, waiters at restaurants bend over backwards for a few dollars in tips and I bet LV girls are making a nice commission on this baby. The least they could do is to find out...grrrrrrrrrrr
I was told that all the Rivet bags are LE, and they will only be out this season until they sell out. A Saks Sa in NY (where I had it sent from) told me this a month or so ago. My SA in Saks Bala(PA) told me this also. This doesn't:hysteric: make it gospel, but I'm almost positive they are LE. I do agree the lack of info on some SA's part is really ridiculous!

I think it's an insult that your comparing conterfeit items that support child labor, terrorism, drug markets, unfair employment, loss in national money, etc to an authentic Louis Vuitton bag. I hope you didn't have this attitude towards the sales associate at Louis Vuitton.

ITA. Also the fakes are no way the same as the real ones. It's like saying a diamond is the same as a cubic zirconia. It might looks similar, but it's not the same.

Good grief some of the SAs are clueless. I tried getting this bag from a LV in a dept store also. I called over the phone to try and put it on hold. The conversation went:
Me: Hi, do you have any of the new riveting bags in stock?
SA: what bag?
Me: The new riveting bag that just came out.
SA: hmm no there's no such bag by LV.
Me: It just came out this season, has the rivets, comes in off white and mono. I was wondering if you have any to hold for me until tomorrow.
SA: no we don't have a burgundy bag in store.
Me: No not a burgundy bag, I am looking for the new riveting bag.
SA to another employee: <hear big sigh> she's says she wants a burgundy bag but we don't have any, right? yeah i keep telling her that. uh huh. uh huh. do you want to talk to her <big sigh>?
New SA: which bag do you want? we don't have any burgundy bags.
Me: I am trying to find a Riveting bag in off white or mono.
SA: Ooohh the riveting bag. We just sold our last mono today but we have the black leather on hold. Do you want to give me your credit card number in case it comes off hold?
Me: Thanks but I really want the off white or mono. Do you know if you'll be getting anymore?
SA: I can take your credit card for the black bag if it comes off hold.
Me: <finally giving up> No, I really want the other colors. Thanks anyway.
SA: Well I can take your credit card and pre-sell them to you and if we get any in again it will go to you.
Me: <at this point there's no way I'm giving my cc info out to these two goofs> No thanks Byeeee

Good grief some of the SAs are clueless. I tried getting this bag from a LV in a dept store also. I called over the phone to try and put it on hold. The conversation went:
Me: It just came out this season, has the rivets, comes in off white and mono. I was wondering if you have any to hold for me until tomorrow.
SA to another employee: <hear big sigh> she's says she wants a burgundy bag but we don't have any, right? yeah i keep telling her that. uh huh. uh huh. do you want to talk to her <big sigh>?
SA: Ooohh the riveting bag. We just sold our last mono today but we have the black leather on hold. Do you want to give me your credit card number in case it comes off hold?
Me: Thanks but I really want the off white or mono. Do you know if you'll be getting anymore?
SA: Well I can take your credit card and pre-sell them to you and if we get any in again it will go to you.
Me: <at this point there's no way I'm giving my cc info out to these two goofs> No thanks Byeeee

lol :roflmfao: Same here! Sometimes I call my local boutique and if my SA's not there I'm always stuck with this REALLY slow and clueless SA.... I speak English at first, but she's French. Fine, I speak French to ease her job. Now she converts to English, back to French....etc... OMGGGG! I wanna scream!

\

LOL:roflmfao:

omg..I'm so glad I found a SA I can talk to and understand! sometimes phone convo's get miscommunicated...bt your story is funny!

There is a difference between a fake and a replica. Those bags that claim to be real lv and are infringing on the copyright of the LV are "fakes". ILLEGAL copies of bags. Not capitalism. Replicas are bags that do not claim to be real lv and don't use the LV symbol. Those are not illegal. If you don't see a difference between a real bag and a fake bag maybe you should get your money back. It seems like you're more in love with your neighbor's fake bag than your own real one. Trust me. People who know lv will know her bag is fake.

If you want the LE rivet you need to buy the Leather Lambskin Rivet, that comes in Black or white. You will get an "LV booklet"with that showing you how to take care of the leather

Since you have a regular mono rivet, Mongram Canvas does not come with a booklet.

Also, Why would it matter that your neighbour has a fake while you have a real one? It seems to me you aren't really appreciating LV, rather, you just want to upstage your neighbour and show off with something that she might not be able to get as a knockoff. JMHO. Anyway, if a bag is popular, there can be fakes made

I don't care if i see ppl carrying around a fake. I know mine is real and the quality is there, thats why i pay alot of $$ for my LVs. If she paid $130 for a manhattan, she could saved a bit more and bought herself a real LV. In any case, just laugh (ïnside) at her when she proudly shows off her "LV"

Status
Not open for further replies.