My first LV bag purchase left me with million questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will try to answer everyone at once:smile:

I guess you guys are experts and I am very new to this, so obviously I can't tell a difference between real and fake yet. Maybe that fake is so good, there is honestly no problem with alighnment on hers and the canvas is the same and the handles feel the same... I played with hers and played with the one at the boutique... I really can't tell but again, I am new to this. Perhaps I am just clueless and need to read the entire authentication thread *shudders*

Maybe it's best that you don't judge people based on the name they are registered under? I don't stick to ANY brand. I am not LV or Gucci or Dior person. I cherry pick my bags and don't own more than one from each brand.

Why would you call yourself GucciDiva then? Pfft...you keep going on about your neighbour's fake and think she looks a million dollars with it, there's something wrong with that in itself. :rolleyes:

Why would you call yourself GucciDiva then? Pfft...you keep going on about your neighbour's fake and think she looks a million dollars with it, there's something wrong with that in itself. :rolleyes:

Shall I change it to GucciLVDiorBalenciagaViaRepublicaGuessViaSpigayounameitIHAVEit name?
I feel sorry for other people eyes trying to read it.

I did a LOT of research before I purchased my first Louis...I wanted to be sure it was worth the money. Now, after years of being a crazed bag lady, I think I can spot a fake...even a really good one. I really think that most people buy bags like LV because they are truly pieces of art. They are made by hand, and will never go out of style. I hope my daughter will someday be carrying my first LV ( a lovely bucket bag that I still use fairly often)...and it will look more beautiful than ever because it has aged. :smile:

Buying a Louis Vuitton item in hopes of overshadowing your neighbor isn't a smart thing to do. You'll basically expect perfection (which the bag should have - post pictures of your bag) in everything about the bag so everything can go your way and wow your neighbor with presentation, show her the receipt and paperwork, etc. in hopes of amazing her. I get the feeling that you know nothing about Louis Vuitton and you can't back up your wonderful purchase when your neighbor views it. Before I bought my first Louis Vuitton, or any major purchase I study the brand and items throughly on the computer. I would say return it and continue being a Gucci Diva.

I did a LOT of research before I purchased my first Louis...I wanted to be sure it was worth the money. Now, after years of being a crazed bag lady, I think I can spot a fake...even a really good one. I really think that most people buy bags like LV because they are truly pieces of art. They are made by hand, and will never go out of style. I hope my daughter will someday be carrying my first LV ( a lovely bucket bag that I still use fairly often)...and it will look more beautiful than ever because it has aged. :smile:

You know, you did it correctly and I didn't... I didn't do my research. I just walked in one day because I passed that boutique so many times on my lunch break and fell in love with Riveting bag. That was it. Love the edgy style, unhappy with the service and for the price I paid, I really don't want it copied. So I asked a simple question: is it LE? If it's not I may reconsider or I may save up to get it in the next few months? The SA said, that she has no clue and they only have one left. So what do I do? Freak out and get it. But still have lingering questions. Why do I have to deconstruct the bag to see the serial number while it's right there staring at me from my Gucci? Just odd... Why would anyone in their right mind deconstruct a $2k bag??? Good lord.

You know, you did it correctly and I didn't... I didn't do my research. I just walked in one day because I passed that boutique so many times on my lunch break and fell in love with Riveting bag. That was it. Love the edgy style, unhappy with the service and for the price I paid, I really don't want it copied. So I asked a simple question: is it LE? If it's not I may reconsider or I may save up to get it in the next few months? The SA said, that she has no clue and they only have one left. So what do I do? Freak out and get it. But still have lingering questions. Why do I have to deconstruct the bag to see the serial number while it's right there staring at me from my Gucci? Just odd... Why would anyone in their right mind deconstruct a $2k bag??? Good lord.

uh...didn't the rivet just come out a few days ago???:rolleyes:

oooh! look at all the PEOPLE reading this thread! lol :nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.