more tips - from the stylish and experienced HERMES ladies:starter bag

I do not like reptiles either - I just find them creepy to hold - go figure! I am slightly weird, in this respect as I also dislike ostrich (black=chicken pox? pink=raw chicken:lol: This is lovely and buttery like a huge slab of chocolate. However so far its not working out as I had hoped. I only used it twice, as the strap addition does not really look that good. So it needs to work as a handheld bag. Great if you do not want the line of your jacket to be ruined...:graucho: but not so good if you do not have spare arms. The colour works great with my wardrobe, but the weather here in London has been too hot, (basket bags) too rainy ( oh dear god, its just TOO pretty to take out in the rain) So far the expense is not justified - my first bag the herbag see: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/s...-experienced-hermes-owners-herbag-684351.html was a better buy in that respect. I took it on the train, to work etc Its easy to throw around and one can put it on the floor if need be. Still - its early days yet so we shall see how we get on.I try to keep a very edited bag collection, so everything has to earn its keep, rather than just sit in the wardrobe looking smug and pretty. Any suggestions from other pochette owners as to how often/where you use them?

Attachments

• pochetewith raincoat.jpg
    pochetewith raincoat.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,467
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,444
I've wondered about the KP and its usefulness. I think it may be more of an evening or event type piece and thus my hesitation on actually taking the plunge. I've never seen one IRL just as I have never seen a Kelly danse, another intriguing piece.

Give the KP a chance to fit in your London lifestyle. Winters are longer than the warm season (still). The color is a great neutral and thus more functional from a season perspective. I think it presents itself well in the modeling pic (so don't put that baby up for adoption yet).

And on the topic of reptiles, I cannot bring myself to touch a live one but I've wanted to just to get over my fear. I own a python Chanel (pale mint green) and it is doesn't skeeve me out. I know snakes are dry versus something wet and icky. My fear is them attacking me. I am positive it would sense/feel my fear. I'm all about pain avoidance.

I've wondered about the KP and its usefulness. I think it may be more of an evening or event type piece and thus my hesitation on actually taking the plunge. I've never seen one IRL just as I have never seen a Kelly danse, another intriguing piece.

Give the KP a chance to fit in your London lifestyle. I think it presents itself well in the modeling pic (so don't put that baby up for adoption yet).

And on the topic of reptiles, I cannot bring myself to touch a live one but I've wanted to just to get over my fear. I own a python Chanel (pale mint green) and it is doesn't skeeve me out. I know snakes are dry versus something wet and icky. My fear is them attacking me. I am positive it would sense/feel my fear. I'm all about pain avoidance.

thank you! its the perfect size/proportion for me actually- and the brown leather is very versatile - its just so NEW (and expensive!) and I need time to get it incorporated into the wardrobe, if you know what I mean... I think - dare I say it? I have too many bags now! Most definitely I do not carry reptiles, (though I saw this in blue lizard and it was very nice, but not nice enough to sway me)

your bag enables me to get one. What do you think with a black suede pochette
I will post some more photos and there is a great threat here:http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-c...share-your-love-kelly-pochette-164025-96.html with tons of more info. However I ve only seen this in evercalf (mine) and in lizard, in real life. The trouble with suede is that it would not age well, as it gets handled so much. (being a hand held bag) and is a lot of money for something not to be long lasting. :cool:

Last edited:
thank you! its the perfect size/proportion for me actually- and the brown leather is very versatile - its just so NEW (and expensive!) and I need time to get it incorporated into the wardrobe, if you know what I mean... I think - dare I say it? I have too many bags now! Most definitely I do not carry reptiles, (though I saw this in blue lizard and it was very nice, but not nice enough to sway me)

Tis better to have too many purses from which to choose than to have an occasion and not a suitable purse.:biggrin:.

Wowzer blue lizzie, I bet that was stunning!! (Tis a $$ saver that you don't like things the beasties!)

I will post some more photos and there is a great threat here:http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-c...share-your-love-kelly-pochette-164025-96.html with tons of more info. However I ve only seen this in evercalf (mine) and in lizard, in real life. The trouble with suede is that it would not age well, as it gets handled so much. (being a hand held bag) and is a lot of money for something not to be long lasting. :cool:
thank you for your advise, I don't like lizard(personally), so I will wait for the right one, I let passed one in rouge hermes last year, now I have to wait for my luck.

my final tips LADIES on this as a 'starter' Hermes bag.

Pros :
• day: versatile- smart day bag because of the simple leather never looks what we English call ' over the top'
night: small discreet bag so it looks elegant at night, not like a birkin that can (and it often is) described as 'ostentatious'

• Looks smart & elegant can upgrade any outfit.

• Hand held, does not ruin the Line of a tailored jacket or coat

• Great for any occasion whets you want to look smart and successful, (but not showy, every important point if you are english or french)

• Focuses the mind: as it doesn't fit the kitchen sink, only essentials, but still plenty of space to be useful.
• Sexy and feminine- ( I think so)

• Relatively RARE and hard to get, so you won't walk into a room full of other ladies holding the same bag. ( good heavens did I really say that? It happens with birkins, Chanel classics. And even kellys...)

BUY if ;- you do lots of working lunches, smart suppers want to look 'together' and dont carry a lot. you already have a 'basic' day bag.

DONT buy if: you absolutely need to carry no less that 15 items in your bag, do your daily grocery shopping in, or you really need your 'hands free' to gesture a lot. you don't already have a 'basic' day bag.

Cons:
• Though it can be used casually its not suited for VERY casual occasions. For instance, I cannot use it when I pop into the local waitrose ( grocery store) I could do that with a normal Kelly 28 or a Chanel classic.
• It does not work messenger style, I tried and failed. It just doesn't look that good even though I ve worked out a way to attach a strap.
•A little severe for a true evening bag. Though I do like the style,- for a rare night at the opera, I'd pick something a little more frou-frou. Like a Chanel camelia chocolate bar. Or a Judith leimer, minaudière...
• cost - the little bambino is rather expensive. If you were a reptile lover, the price shoots up to astronomical heights. Even in evercalf or swft is on the expensive side.
• availability: this is a pro & a con - but not easy to get . RARE as resellers love to say to cause a stampede...
• unsuitable for cocktail parties/events where you stand... well how are you supposed to hold the champagne and scoff the vol au vent with ONE HAND?

so... what do you think? I am posting a comparison shot with the beloved herbag, my 'basic' day bag.:cool:
Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• comphermes3.jpg
    comphermes3.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 1,340
  • comphermes1.jpg
    comphermes1.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 1,325
  • comphermes2.jpg
    comphermes2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 1,315
  • baronesspochette.jpg
    baronesspochette.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,302
I love how it looks in your modeling pics. I hope this bag works out for you. The pros are wonderful.

Here is a thought for you. The reason that it doesn't look quite right with the shoulder strap may be that proportions of the strap don't match the bag. That is a hefty strap with a petite bag. May I suggest you try it with a chain strap in a similar proportion to Chanels or perhaps a ribbon or loosely braided ribbon strap or a thin one made of gauzy fabric. What about a cross body configuration using leather shoelaces for the strap? Forgive the out of the box thinking if it is too weird.

I think I remember a quote that I believe was from you about remembering that a bag is an accessory. Maybe it would help you bond with her if you inspected your closet and put together 3 or 4 outfits using her.

I do not like reptiles either - I just find them creepy to hold - go figure! I am slightly weird, in this respect as I also dislike ostrich (black=chicken pox? pink=raw chicken:lol: This is lovely and buttery like a huge slab of chocolate. However so far its not working out as I had hoped. I only used it twice, as the strap addition does not really look that good. So it needs to work as a handheld bag. Great if you do not want the line of your jacket to be ruined...:graucho: but not so good if you do not have spare arms. The colour works great with my wardrobe, but the weather here in London has been too hot, (basket bags) too rainy ( oh dear god, its just TOO pretty to take out in the rain) So far the expense is not justified - my first bag the herbag see: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/s...-experienced-hermes-owners-herbag-684351.html was a better buy in that respect. I took it on the train, to work etc Its easy to throw around and one can put it on the floor if need be. Still - its early days yet so we shall see how we get on.I try to keep a very edited bag collection, so everything has to earn its keep, rather than just sit in the wardrobe looking smug and pretty. Any suggestions from other pochette owners as to how often/where you use them?

Maybe you're not convinced, but it's such a cutie!! And I love love love it with your casual outifit pictured here.
I would keep it and use it when possible, then upgrade to a kelly 28. :smile: At that point you'll be able to decide if you can let her go (I would say no;)).