more tips - from the stylish and experienced HERMES ladies:starter bag

Congratulations Sarah!!!! What a lovely choice! What is the color? Havanne? Or? Lovely... I was going to recommend a Kelly 32 retourné as I myself am 5'7" and I literally don't let that bag rest...

How sad to hear you "don't want a birkin" for "some" reasons... If it is what I think I had a thread on it... I would never believe ANY woman would ever say it, but I am in that direction myself.

SO- good choice!:love:

yes thank you - it is havanne evercalf - very buttery feel to it.;) I like brown leathers as I think they age really well and somehow acquire character. I read your post about Hermes in Paris. (though the thread was moved wasn't it?) To be honest I ve always seen Birkins and Kellys for sale off the shelf. In London - they had a small (25? not sure)birkin in croc. It was on display for weeks. But the reason I would never carry a birkin is because (A) it doesnt fit my lifestyle. I walk everywhere and they are too heavy.
(B) too much of a status bag - in London at least - which is not a cool thing in my circle of friends and family (C) too expensive - if someone gave me one, (which is unlikely) I would promptly sell it and do something else with the money.:lol:

yes thank you - it is havanne evercalf - very buttery feel to it.;) I like brown leathers as I think they age really well and somehow acquire character. I read your post about Hermes in Paris. (though the thread was moved wasn't it?) To be honest I ve always seen Birkins and Kellys for sale off the shelf. In London - they had a small (25? not sure)birkin in croc. It was on display for weeks. But the reason I would never carry a birkin is because (A) it doesnt fit my lifestyle. I walk everywhere and they are too heavy.
(B) too much of a status bag - in London at least - which is not a cool thing in my circle of friends and family (C) too expensive - if someone gave me one, (which is unlikely) I would promptly sell it and do something else with the money.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :tup:

I don't appreciate that crazy "buzz" about H bags at the moment at all either... But that is another topic...
I have also seen some bags on the display before and I was also offered bags in the past. But my post was about something completely different... This was a MARKET. Not a boutique. and I stand my ground here. ;)

Great choice - We are almost bag twins because I have the Ebene Evercalf KP!!! I had been meaning to post this suggestion or the Danse as I read your original thread as well but I had to get to work and forgot afterwards! It's a great color!

It's such a great versatile bag as far as accessorizing. I wished that it had a strap that you can hide. Tried the twilly approach but botched it up so the bag fell!:oh:

Show your modeling pics!!

...as I am currently -'in training' at the elegance stakes on 'how to carry a kelly', will be taking this out. Casually with jeans and a frayed chanel jacket. Will post modelling shots soon...

Gasp...this is just lovely. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing this with "casual" attire.:woohoo:

To demonstrate capacity, are you planning to post "what's inside" (I don't recall whether you did that in the Chanel threads)..oh wait, you had that nifty "airmail envelope" wallet ... anyway, looking forward to your modelling shots.

Again, congratulations! I am so happy for you:biggrin:

Gasp...this is just lovely. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing this with "casual" attire.:woohoo:

To demonstrate capacity, are you planning to post "what's inside" (I don't recall whether you did that in the Chanel threads)..oh wait, you had that nifty "airmail envelope" wallet ... anyway, looking forward to your modelling shots.

Again, congratulations! I am so happy for you:biggrin:

thank you - I ve taken this photo just for you.;) and if you like the 'airmail envelope' - its actually a bus pass (heh heh) by a company called DISASTER DESIGNS.They have a whole range of items: weekend bags, wallets, cosmetic pouches, bath bags etc (http://www.temptationgifts.com/acatalog/Disaster_Designs.html?gclid=CML2ipCK-64CFaImtAodcBB2wQ) modelling shots coming soon...If any other ladies here have modelling shots of their kelly mini pochette please share.

Attachments

• mini kelly.JPG
    mini kelly.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,844
  • minikelly contents.jpg
    minikelly contents.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,839
  • hermescontents just foryou.jpg
    hermescontents just foryou.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,837
...and here I am 'in training for the kelly elegant look' I took it out for lunch after yoga. I specifically wanted a pochette as its small and inconspicuous. Also I am hoping the brown leather will age well and withstand daily abuse. ...and of course I wanted the gold lock to match my kelly cuffs and for a little glamour...I always think is important to train for these things -don't you?:graucho:

Attachments

• holding the kelly.jpg
    holding the kelly.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,818
  • mini kelly.JPG
    mini kelly.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,819
  • minikelly in action.jpg
    minikelly in action.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,806
  • kelly mini portrait.jpg
    kelly mini portrait.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,814
...also tried it with a strap - I like to turn everything into super casual messenger look. I dont think it looks as nice though. It was designed to be hand held and looks better that way.;)

Attachments

• minikellyon strap2.jpg
    minikellyon strap2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,774
  • minikelly pochette on strap.jpg
    minikelly pochette on strap.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,784
tried it casually for afternoon tea with the 'distressed' denim jacket - I like the contrast. Any ideas or tips from the experienced and stylish Hermes ladies on how to wear this little kelly?

Attachments

• pochette2.JPG
    pochette2.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,747
  • pochette.JPG
    pochette.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,748
tried it casually for afternoon tea with the 'distressed' denim jacket - I like the contrast. Any ideas or tips from the experienced and stylish Hermes ladies on how to wear this little kelly?
Hi LadySarah

This is so pretty but wow it is small. I still love it though. Thanks for posting the "contents" picture - it really helped to see the size. Hmm, this is a lot trickier to style for casual.:thinking: I keep seeing a "full skirt" with simple ballet flats. Try that combo with your jean jacket - might make it "edgy pretty" I also like the picture with the strap - is the one in the first picture narrower (it may be the angle)

How are you liking it? As I get lazier:shame:, I'm finding flaps cumbersome though I love the way they look.

yes it is very small that's why I bought it though as I usually carry small bags and do not like to be overpowered by a kelly! - exact measurements: 8 inches wide by 5.2 inches high approx depth 4.3 inches - so quite deep which means one can fit a fair amount. I usually carry, walet, travelcard, lipstick, keys, mini brush and perfume plus i-phone. I posted capacity shots earlier. Someone pm'ed me to ask if it comes in chevre - which I don't know the answer to. This one is EVERCALF. Its very easy to get in and out of, though I do have a herbag so very practiced in that respect.:graucho: It would suit small framed ladies, I am 5.7'' and have fairly small hands and thin wrists. On someone bigger it could look ridiculous so beware - plus the handle would not be that easy to clasp. (for example my husband cannot hold it by the handle - but then he is not likely to borrow it. ) I dont know if its easy or difficult to find, to be honest I havent seen one in any of the boutiques at Hermés in London and I ve been looking since August. One lady told me that it counts as part of the Hermés quota for normal Kellys so its VIP order only, but other ladies I ve spoken to here, were able to order it without vip clearance.
I ve also seen it in blue lizard and looked AMAZING - but I really wanted something casual I could carry around. I did not buy it to use as an evening clutch, which I guess it was originally designed for. Here is a comparison shot with my other favourite bag. chanel reissue 224 in navy calf with ruthenium hardware. Will keep you posted how we get on...;)

Attachments

• pochette2.jpg
    pochette2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,646
  • pochete1.jpg
    pochete1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,629
  • comparison shot1.jpg
    comparison shot1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,635
yes it is very small that's why I bought it though as I usually carry small bags and do not like to be overpowered by a kelly! - exact measurements: 8 inches wide by 5.2 inches high approx depth 4.3 inches - so quite deep which means one can fit a fair amount.

Will keep you posted how we get on...;)

LOVE LOVE...yes not too big is perfect.
I've been researching the smaller Kellys (is it really for me?) :graucho: But, if do you find your pochette too small, you can send it across the pond to me! :lol:

thank you so much! so far I have not taken her out as much as I'd like as its been rather warm in London. So I mostly use a basket bag! She also has to compete with the little CHANEL bambini here... heh heh heh. They are messenger and sooo easy..Still I think it will make a great breakfast, afternoon tea bag!;)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,586
I am also going to Paris and will definitely check it out. I was there last week too - but I did not see any pochettes at all. I saw a blue kelly though! A lot of the time - the pochettes - come in lizard or other reptiles as most people buy them for evening bags. Is that what you want? Are you looking to wear it more casually like me? So I was very lucky to find the evercalf with GOLD!
...and here is another modelling shot with my beloved cat!;)

Attachments

• baronessswith hermes.jpg
    baronessswith hermes.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,479
Last edited: